Johns to Retire!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
KE

Involvement in betting cartels
Suspected use of steroids and illegal drugs
A string of failed relationships
Constant selfish clashes with officialdom.

Not exactly what you associate with the term character for the average 33 year old.

Explain with relevance...

[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle]
And just how do you judge this 'character' mata ?

Am assuming it will be through 3rd hand reports and what is dished up in the papers ? Best way to judge someones character is to spend time with them and judge for yourself

Also, other than yourself, and possibly Ballin in your view, how many people in their lives are perfect ?
Some may argue that it shows plenty of character to forge a top line career for 14 years continually in the spotlight while suffering from manic depression

I'm perfect Kiwi ! ;)

[/quote]

:blaugh: , so 4'6" is the perfect height is it champ :D

[/quote]

Long way off. 5'3" :dance:
And that's 5 foot 3 of the "better" white meat !!!
:lol:

KE

Involvement in betting cartels
Suspected use of steroids and illegal drugs
A string of failed relationships
Constant selfish clashes with officialdom.

Not exactly what you associate with the term character for the average 33 year old.

And over came the lot to be one of the greatest you and I have ever seen.

If you can't praise the bloke then i don't see why you watch rugby league... it will be a long time before we get to see someone like him again. Savour it.

The drug thing is just that - SUSPECTED. Innocent until proven guilty???

What his off field relationships have to do with anything is beyond me.

For a start I think Wally Lewis was a better all round player than Johns and certainly a better captain.

Second, I'm not going to shed a tear over someone who is gifted at kicking a football but can't do the right thing by his kids.

What's more important?

For a start I think Wally Lewis was a better all round player than Johns and certainly a better captain.

Second, I'm not going to shed a tear over someone who is gifted at kicking a football but can't do the right thing by his kids.

What's more important?

I would have thought for you and i it would be his football... we have nothing to do with him personally so what does his personal life matter to you???

not on the record. But I'm sure the video will surface after he's been retired for a while and recieved all of his testimonial plaudits.

The truth always comes out.

[quote author=Matabele]

What's more important?

I would have thought for you and i it would be his football... we have nothing to do with him personally so what does his personal life matter to you???
[/quote]

If you're going to lionise someone as a hero you need to take a holistic view.

Steve Menzies is twice the man that Johns is.

not on the record. But I'm sure the video will surface after he's been retired for a while and recieved all of his testimonial plaudits.

Precisely, and Andrew Walker's is.. so there's that argument shot in the arse.

When this "incriminating" video comes out.. i will stand corrected.. until then don't slander someone with bull**** accusations

I hold Menzies in FAR higher regard

No one is going to argue that Beaver isn't a legend. His farewell will probably be a very emotional day for me.

Ever since i can remember i've thought the sun shone out of Beaver's arse and i still do.

As a footballer there was nothing Johns couldn't do and as a bloke who's been mainly following Rugby League while Johns has been in his prime i will say he's the best i've seen and is the reason i hold the bloke in such high regard.

Why don't you go down the local footy field field and ask the young blokes down there. Who they would want to be like when they are older??

See if they give a crap if he split with his missus

I have to agree with Mata on this one, Lewis is the far better player and really Toovs ****es all over St Joey as a halfback. I'll never forgive John's efforts in the disgrasful 97 robbery and neither should any TRUE eagles supporter.

[quote author=Matabele]

Precisely, and Andrew Walker's is.. so there's that argument shot in the arse.

[/quote]

It wasn't my argument Mr Comprehension.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4