Jorge Taufa

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
There has been no discussion on here about his performance today. So, as one of his critics, I thought I'd ask your opinions.
Mine is that he played well today, generally. He runs strongly, and seems safe when the ball is grubbered to him. There were two Easts tries on his wing but even though Gus blamed him for defensive lapses I think the damage had been done earlier, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
I was really surprised he didn't have to diffuse one high ball! That is my criticism of him; he doesn't, or has been coached not to, jump to contest the ball. I'm very surprised that he is preferred to Oldfield, and believe it has more to do with Oldfield's defection to Easts than his ability.
I hope I'm proven wrong about Jorge. I don't think he is built to play wing when you need to be spring-heeled.
Your thoughts?

A few problems with your theory. Jorge has been playing first grade for over 10 weeks and Oldfield was signed by the Roosters last week. Jorge goes alright for mine, though he is not great at getting in the air. Whare showed him how to do it today, though some people just can't jump as high as others.

Canteen Worker said:
A few problems with your theory. Jorge has been playing first grade for over 10 weeks and Oldfield was signed by the Roosters last week. Jorge goes alright for mine, though he is not great at getting in the air. Whare showed him how to do it today, though some people just can't jump as high as others.

Isn't that what I said?

Roosters are so poorly coached and dumb they didnt put him under much pressure.

He was good today in a side that played well against a team of rubbish, not a single first grader amongst them.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
Canteen Worker said:
Whare showed him how to do it today, though some people just can't jump as high as others.

Woody Harrelson, for example. He couldn't jump for s**t.

But White Men Can't.

I'm sure he will get bigger and better as he is still young. No bombs today but the chooks never got into the position to have a crack at him. Long term he might move from the wing.

I like the kid, everytime he runs the ball i'm expecting him to bust the line. He'll do it very soon, he's half through a gap each run.

Like everyone, it's just the high ball he has to attack. He'll keep copping kicks (although not yesterday) his way until he learns to difuse them.

Going great guns at the moment.

Ryan said:
Mini-Vatuvai.
Good ball runner.
Good out of dummy 1/2.
s**t under the high ball.
We are all **** when we start off. He has a lot of potential and will improve.

In terms of contribution in a game I have him ahead of Oldfield in my book. At full strength I think Wolf and Whare shade him.

Chip and Chase said:
In terms of contribution in a game I have ahead of Oldfield in my book. At full strength I think Wolf and Whare shade him.

I reckon he will be fine, it would be much easier for him if he was on the other side playing outside Jamie.

Remember TRex and Matai have hardly been there in the games he has played. He has not had the chance to form much of a combination.

Stevie Matai will look after him and make him a very good player, protect him from kick chasers and guide him in defence.

TokyoEagle said:
He had a great game today. Our left side was lethal with Matai, Williams and Taufua there.

If we held them all there along with Stewart chiming in I'm sure we'd be looking at a record score about now

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8