Jorge Taufa

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I dont know why 2V moved Matai to fullback. Should've put Wolf to fullback and Buhrer and T Rex to wings. Leave the centers where they were it weakened our defense too much.

i think he played well.. made 2 important line breaks in the first half which gave us a good roll on and led to tries...

any news on brett's departure after he scored ??

Jorge is improving each game. Hope he just came off as a precaution.

Trex is a winger and Wolfie would be a sight in so much space at FB.

So happy to see the quadie for the Wolfman:angel:

Jorge was very strong today. He has always been a hard man to tackle. My criticism has been about his inability to contest the high ball. Today he was only tested once, and again he preferred to stay on the ground and tackle the Parra player who caught the ball. As it turned out the Parra player knocked on, so danger was averted.
I now think he must be coached to defend the bomb this way. I don't think it is wise, but there are better minds than mine at work here.

Wingers come and go. Is he better than Oldfield?

Yep.

He's never gone badly,went well today and will only get better with time.

panash said:
i think he played well.. made 2 important line breaks in the first half which gave us a good roll on and led to tries...

any news on brett's departure after he scored ??

Bretts injury was a hammy. I thought i heard freddy say he was right to come back on, but i assume he was left off to avoid the risk

Jorge got the Players' Player award and 3 points from Tooves, so he must've done something right :cool:

Yes he was great in the 1st half - probably his best so far.

Had an incredible game. he owned his opposite eels winger.

Powerful runner with the ball.

Will improve further with more experience

Great Game today. Way better player than Oldfield. Oldfield was caught out defensively in nearly every game he played at the start of the year, hence why he was put behind Jorge and Whare. He's a bloody rookie, he's not perfect, but is improving every week and had a stormer in the first half today!

He is improving and will continue to do so with more games under his belt. Awesome games today from him.

After Jorge's great game, I can see now why Manly have let Whare and Oldfield go, and kept Taufua. I have more faith in their judgement now.

He had a great game.

Was it just me or didn't parra kick to him once?

seemed to kick to woflman who was in the shade in the first half.

Big pond sport froze for ages in the second half so I dunno if it continued like that.

I would've stuck one bomb up towards tafua whilst he was facing the sun.

'answers on a postcard'

They kicked to Tafua a few times at first, but then started kicking strictly to Wolfman after Tafua made heaps of meters of kick returns

Ceagle said:
They kicked to Tafua a few times at first, but then started kicking strictly to Wolfman after Tafua made heaps of meters of kick returns

Cheers,
Thanks for that. That was kinda a hard decision for them, stop kicking to the guy making huge metres and over to the guy who's scoring triy after try!

globaleagle said:
Ceagle said:
They kicked to Tafua a few times at first, but then started kicking strictly to WoHlfman after Tafua made heaps of meters of kick returns

Cheers,
Thanks for that. That was kinda a hard decision for them, stop kicking to the guy making huge metres and over to the guy who's scoring triy after try!

Was great when wolfy stood up tonga on a kick return, then motored downfield and smashed into sandow. Then scored a play or 2 later.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8