Jorge Taufua avoids jail after spitting on cop

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Shame as Jorge seemed nice but obviously doesn't seem to understand that this was wrong at the time. Sounds like a Bulldogs player. At least we gave him a "claytons's supension" and he can have a two week rest and play again in finals.

Spitting on/at people is a disgusting pissweak act in anyone's language.

Spitting at a cop is also dumber than dumb.

Think about it, you wouldn't hit a cop without expecting serious ramifications so why is spitting at one any different.

How would you expect someone to be dealt with if they spat at you or your wife and kids etc? Most of us would expect the book thrown at them.

Disgusting act.

A 4 month suspended sentence is pretty reasonable tbh, not sure why people are saying it's harsh. Ahh he plays for Manly, carry on.

Darren said:
Shame as Jorge seemed nice but obviously doesn't seem to understand that this was wrong at the time. Sounds like a Bulldogs player. At least we gave him a "claytons's supension" and he can have a two week rest and play again in finals.

Had the urge to post but the only thread you could criticise in was this one seeing that Manly had a great win on the weekend?

Give him a break, Bones. He gets his feelings hurt all day by school kids so he has to get home and take out his frustration on a keyboard and hang **** on a team he 'supposedly' supports.

You're a real miserable human Darren.

When you were a kid your mother probably had to tie a bone around your neck just to get your dog to play with you.

Darren said:

Seriously Darren you make it really hard for someone like me to stay respectful on here. You are supposed to be a manly supporter yet all you do is come on here and spew negativity about the club and players. We won 6 games in a row and you didnt post until souths beat us. It's not witty, it's not smart and it definetly isn't humorous. Next time I see you I person I will tell you the exactley the same thing. You are a hypocrite you are supposed to be a devout Christian yet you wouldn't know the meaning of forgiveness if it tripped and bit you on the backside.

Lets be clear Jorge got in the sauce and did something very stupid seriously who of us haven't. As long as the boy learns from it and doesn't offended again there's no need for this to be brought back up.

Not condoning what he did but to contrast this, last week a school teacher was sentenced to 12 months for having sex with a 14 year old student. That sentence makes Jorge's look a bit on the harsh side.

It was almost a lead news story up here on Chan 7 news tonight.

iI agree a bit harsh BUT the law is the law.

Napper said:
When you were a kid your mother probably had to tie a bone around your neck just to get your dog to play with you.

Don't want to get into the Darren hating thing...but that is Gold Napper...:p

Napper said:
Give him a break, Bones. He gets his feelings hurt all day by school kids so he has to get home and take out his frustration on a keyboard and hang s**t on a team he 'supposedly' supports.

You're a real miserable human Darren.

@napper that is so wrong mate. Can't believe you posted that.
It was sausages not a bone ;)

I was lucky enough to meet him today,he was very polite and happy to let me take a photo with him. I am sure we have all done stupid things that we regret after a few too many. I am sure he regrets his actions. Lets hope that this was his wake up call.

wombatgc said:
Napper said:

Don't want to get into the Darren hating thing...but that is Gold Napper...:p

No-one hates Darren. Some do hate 100% negativity though.

Great season for Manly and fans - no room for any negativity ...
GO MANLY - BRING IT HOME IN 2013 :D

Before I condemn the man or shake my fist at the Qld Judiciary, I'd like to know why he was going to plead Not Guilty before advice from his legal team suggesting he change his plea.

What happened on the night concerned?

I don't know what happened and I'm sure the journalists from wherever won't tell you Jorge's side of the story.

A typical Guilty plea will only tell the coppers' story in the rags or tv.

lismore_fan said:
Before I condemn the man or shake my fist at the Qld Judiciary, I'd like to know why he was going to plead Not Guilty before advice from his legal team suggesting he change his plea.

What happened on the night concerned?

I don't know what happened and I'm sure the journalists from wherever won't tell you Jorge's side of the story.

A typical Guilty plea will only tell the coppers' story in the rags or tv.

Indeed

the mauler said:
lsz said:
Take a Manly player out of it and would you be happy?

Cops have a tough enough job without people spitting at them

In fact if it was a dogs player i could imagine what you lot would be saying

What did you want him to get??? Life??

No I think a suspended 4 month sentence is fine

I hope people criticising the sentence realise that he doesn't actually have to go to jail. It's effectively a nothing sentence unless he re-offends.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6