Jorge Taufua avoids jail after spitting on cop

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MadMarcus said:
bones said:
No-one hates Darren. Some do hate 100% negativity though.

So who is making the banner for the next game "No One Likes Darren, We Don't Care!"...

I'd like to do one
"No one likes Darren, He cries At Night"

:D

Darren is up there with the funniest posters on here - he likes to stir and knows it...

lsz said:
Darren is up there with the funniest posters on here - he likes to stir and knows it...

Yes I'd agree. in fact his negativity makes me feel better about myself.

Volley said:
I hope people criticising the sentence realise that he doesn't actually have to go to jail. It's effectively a nothing sentence unless he re-offends.
It's hardly nothing. A suspended sentence is a jail sentence. I don't know just how it works in Qld but it sounds like it is suspended for 2 years, which means any transgression - maybe even minor offences like unlicenced driving, or fail to quit licenced premises, etc - during the next 2 years could be a breach and result in the jail sentence being activated.

He'll have to be on good behaviour, particularly when in Queensland, and it also may well affect overseas travel and other things.

i think Jorge was very lucky, spitting on anyone is a disgusting act and cause he is a Manly player doesnt make the incident any less serious.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Volley said:
I hope people criticising the sentence realise that he doesn't actually have to go to jail. It's effectively a nothing sentence unless he re-offends.
It's hardly nothing. A suspended sentence is a jail sentence. I don't know just how it works in Qld but it sounds like it is suspended for 2 years, which means any transgression - maybe even minor offences like unlicenced driving, or fail to quit licenced premises, etc - during the next 2 years could be a breach and result in the jail sentence being activated.

He'll have to be on good behaviour, particularly when in Queensland, and it also may well affect overseas travel and other things.

So in other words, if he doesn't break the law again he'll have no concerns. Ohh, how will he cope?

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/a-punch-a-spit-and-a-slur-man-gets-off-after-today-tonight-filmed-bankstown-altercation-20130905-2t6yt.html

This probably illustrates the inconsistancy in the legal system - maybe Jeorge can a bit dissapointed in how he was dealt with.

Spitting on someone is not nice. A security guard we had at one hotel I used to manage told me how if you really want to give someone a belting you should fake being spat on. the cctv could never pick up the actual spit but your reaction which could be seen on camera and testimony would be conclusive and justify your knocking the guy out. So it can be used against someone if you are clever about it and want a free pass to give them a black eye or busted lip or some more serious charges than failure to leave a licensed venue.
but don't hit anyone people for that is also wrong.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6