Jorge Taufua injured.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

TimmyQ

Bencher
We will definitely miss Jorge's strong runs to the beginning of our sets and his finishing ability.

However i think we make up for it in Wright's bomb catching ability both in defence and attack. Add to our attack arsenal with the crossfield bomb to the left side.

Also means we will have a decent goalkicker full time now.

Wright is no slouch, has played over 100 first grade games and would've won a premiership with the Cowboys if he didn't get caught up with the asada scandal.
Yup Wright's goalkicking has been a significant improvement over Dylan's. And he has been fantastic filling in at fullback. Logically and deservedly should retain a spot in the run on team.

The Indian

Bencher
we'll miss Jorge's dummy half runs and the fact ever time he dives for the corner he bullocks over.....our forwards will miss him big time. Even with all his errors in the play the ball & under bombs he always offset that with hard work.

If ever I've seen an ACL injury sadly that was it. Was classic. Medial gone fist time, then when he plays on with unstable medial the ACL goes snap when put under pressure again. It did force a forward pass & prevent a try & earn us 2 points was brave effort. Albeit foolhardy from the medical staff (in hindsight)

I'd like to see him retained personally but its a long way back.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yep confirmed on Twitter by MWSE, bloody sad , I somehow think that might be his last game, hope not!!

deanm

Reserve Grader
Bugger, Oh well maybe we can use the money from Snake & Matai's medical retirement to buy an outside back before June 30......oh wait!

Keffola

Reserve Grader
I feel bad for Jorge as it kind of feels like our medical staff failed him by leaving him out there. Especially when he's off contract.

It can't be underestimated how much work he does taking the hitups out of our half. Will not be able to be easily replaced.

Here's hoping we do re-sign him as I feel he's integral to the way our team currently plays with our backs taking a lot of the early hitups in a set.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Couldn't Manly medically retire Jorge?

An ACL usually takes a year, so Jorge could get a new contract June 2018 somewhere.

Meanwhile he gets a payout and Manly gets a Cap relief :think:

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member
Couldn't Manly medically retire Jorge?

An ACL usually takes a year, so Jorge could get a new contract June 2018 somewhere.

Meanwhile he gets a payout and Manly gets a Cap relief :think:

Can you imagine if we tried that, when Jorge returns the nrl would add his salary back onto our cap and most probably fine us and add interest as punishment - we aren't parra so have no chance in pulling that one off

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Can you imagine if we tried that, when Jorge returns the nrl would add his salary back onto our cap and most probably fine us and add interest as punishment - we aren't parra so have no chance in pulling that one off
Restriction of Trade would prohibit that.

Manly should try something, as the Snake/Matai fiasco is beyond a joke :cool:

Clay

Bencher
If we re-sign him and he can stay injury free could he end up Manlys leading all time try scorer?
Best wishes in your recovery!!
Stay outta trouble this time :thumbsup:

Peter C

Bencher
If we re-sign him and he can stay injury free could he end up Manlys leading all time try scorer?
Best wishes in your recovery!!
Stay outta trouble this time :thumbsup:
Not a chance at all, he's only scored 70, one hundred short on Menzies' score, he'll have to play for another 10-12 years to get anywhere near it

mutley

Reserve Grader
personally i have mixed feelings about whether he stays his form this year has been good, yet there is mistakes in him which just shouldn't be in a first grader with 100 plus first grade games.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13