Josh Aloiai, and membership discussions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Are you people going to specify in your recruitment for players wanted Ad ..

NO Pacific islander players with christian beliefs need apply.

No muslims need apply ..

No people who do pastoral and support work in their communities need apply ..

No people from disadvantaged western suburbs need apply.

And all this because they wouldn't wear a rainbow jersey ...

But if I was you lot ... I wouldn't worry ... if any of them were thinking of signing with manly ... a short sharp read of the Manly fans on silvertails will quickly change their minds

No muslims need apply ..

But if I was you lot ... I wouldn't worry ... if any of them were thinking of signing with manly ... a short sharp read of the Manly fans on silvertails will quickly change their minds
Just No Dickheads would do it!

No muslims need apply ..

You’re ridiculous Woodsie, bye

Agree with most of what you say. Best to keep in mind though that Brisbane have a much better pipeline of junior players than Manly
It’s not the pipeline that matters these days, it’s the cheque book, pity our owners prefer to keep theirs closed!

Just No Dickheads would do it!

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, if you also include players like The Cheese, De Belin, Cody Walker et al, along with players of a similiar ilk to our 10 abstainers .. you will reduce the possible player recruitment pool by about 75% ..

I can't imagination some of our more feral mambers saying ... "arr well, we got flogged again, but wow, aren't we good sports"

As a wise man on here once said ... it's a footy team, we want footy players .. it's not the Vienna Boy's choir .

You’re ridiculous Woodsie, bye

What, don't you think a young Latu Fainu, or any of our Pacifica players reading the crap being said on this forum wouldn't be thinking .. is that really a fan base I want to play for ...

Or do you think players and their families don't bother reading the clubs biggest forum ...

What, don't you think a young Latu Fainu, or any of our Pacifica players reading the crap being said on this forum wouldn't be thinking .. is that really a fan base I want to play for ...

Or do you think players and their families don't bother reading the clubs biggest forum ...
PETTICOATS ABLAZE!!!

Do you honestly believe any players these days consider the opinions of the fanbase of any club they're considering playing for?

Are they though? I actually think we could swap out any or all of them with pretty much anyone (of basic NRL-standard/competency) and we'd still be doing exactly what we're doing right now: ie, sitting 10th, with nine wins and 11 losses and a -8 points differential. They are middling players on a middling NRL team. Sure, some of them have played good games and some have great potential, but they are hardly "superstars of the game". Players come and players go, but none of them are irreplaceable.
What I'm responding to is DOM's argument of replacing 7 first grade standard players all at once, maybe at piecemeal pace, one at a time could work out.

As a wise man on here once said ... it's a footy team, we want footy players .. it's not the Vienna Boy's choir .
Absolutely, Woodsie. And all are welcome - Christians, Muslims, trainee priests and agnostic metalworkers. As long as they’re willing to pull on the jersey and play footy.

Sadly, what we have now is closer to the Vienna Boys’ choir. As you say, we want footy players. And the defining characteristic of a footy player is that they play footy.

PETTICOATS ABLAZE!!!

Do you honestly believe any players these days consider the opinions of the fanbase of any club they're considering playing for?
I think they will take an interest if given an heads up on what’s being said about their older brothers/ cousins etc especially some of the juicy stuff that been said over the last couple of days

PETTICOATS ABLAZE!!!

Of course not ... Josh Aloaia is having a chuckle at the comments made about him ... it's the sort of thing that makes one love the club and want to play for it ...

Absolutely, Woodsie. And all are welcome - Christians, Muslims, trainee priests and agnostic metalworkers. As long as they’re willing to pull on the jersey and play footy.

Sadly, what we have now is closer to the Vienna Boys’ choir. As you say, we want footy players. And the defining characteristic of a footy player is that they play footy.

Agree, and as long as no numbnuts in Marketing pull another outrageous stunt ... that is exactly what they will do ..

Of course not ... Josh Aloaia is having a chuckle at the comments made about him ... it's the sort of thing that makes one love the club and want to play for it ...
I think they will take an interest if given an heads up on what’s being said about their older brothers/ cousins etc especially some of the juicy stuff that been said over the last couple of days
They'll go where the most money is.

Then where their mates are.

What a bunch of anonymous people say on the internet won't affect their decision-making, otherwise Parramatta & the Bulldogs wouldn't have any players.

They'll go where the most money is.

Then where their mates are.

What a bunch of anonymous people say on the internet won't affect their decision-making, otherwise Parramatta & the Bulldogs wouldn't have any players.
I see your points about money and mates but when it comes to choosing between clubs when these things are balanced I suspect it will have some meaning…. Especially if they get a racist vibe from fans.

It’s not the pipeline that matters these days, it’s the cheque book, pity our owners prefer to keep theirs closed!
Not so sure of that in terms of the playing roster.

I don't think there is a "high" turnover of top quality players in the league. But that is a subjective opinion.

The way to build up a contender is cheaper homegrown talent - not to pay overs for established talent.

I'm interested to hear why you think otherwise. Can only assume you are referring to those clubs that are assumed to go over the salary cap?

The way to build up a contender is cheaper homegrown talent - not to pay overs for established talent.

Local ain't necessarily cheap .. in the paper today ... the rich 100 players ... it mentioned that the 16 year old Latu Fainu was signed to a $1.3 million 3 year deal .... years before he will be able to play NRL.

And that wouldn't be covered by NRL grants I believe ...

So even if a talent is local ... you still have to pay market value and look after them for years before they start to repay ... and then after 2 games they want an upgrade ..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10