Josh Aloiai, and membership discussions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Josh Aloiai is a hypocrite....

He shouldn't be posting (I get the pic was taken pre-verdict) pictures in support of a convicted felon. Happy for him to post that after a successful appeal of course. But the timing reeks of hypocrisy.

Happy to support a known and assessed felon, but not happy to sport inclusivity rainbows on the jersey.

Now, it's either he's a hypocrite, or he's dumb as ****, and doesn't get it. Not sure which one fits the bill.

But he's an infected boil that needs to be lanced (did I spell boil, right?).

He can take every one of the other 8 players with him. Let's reboot & retool with players who'd:

1. Die in the trenches for the jersey (in a GOOD way);
2. Are passionate;
3. Realise how lucky they are;
4. Can actually win some ****ing games for a change

I'm thinking Kennedy, Lyon, Menzies types.
I get the gist of what you are saying MOD, but sorry, Ailoi, Kaula , the big O, Schuster, Saab, Tui and Sipley are players we need. Starting from scratch is not an option.

I think Josh is a great footballer.
I don’t really care what he thinks outside of footy or who his chooses to be friends with or support on instagram.it’s really none of my bloody business. Reading some of the posts it would appear we live in some kind of dystopian idealist totalitarian state.

Josh’s job is to play footy and abide by the law and be a good team man…from what I understand he is doing that… he and his six mates have every right to push back on the rainbow jersey.
Footy should be about footy not politics and putting one ideal above others etc. sport was created to bring people together and put politics and what separates us aside… This inclusiveness fetish now infiltrating sport is doing the opposite…it’s dividing us… identity politics is just another form of Marxist ideology. Stupid commi crap…

Sorry intentionally used rant mode to imitate the tone of other posts. This is done for effect :)
I don’t care what he thinks either and that was kinda my point. Just play footy, Josh. Stop trying to be a hero.

Last edited:
I get the gist of what you are saying MOD, but sorry, Ailoi, Kaula , the big O, Schuster, Saab, Tui and Sipley are players we need. Starting from scratch is not an option.

In the very early 2,000's, we had a team that very much lacked talent, but bled for, and we're passionate about the jersey. They lost more, but we're more enjoyable to watch (and was what created and built this community).

They were maroon and white to the core when they were here.

I'd much rather that, than these millennial pre-madonna mercenaries.

So log in to another thread to see what the update around Josh is and surprise surprise another debate around religious symbols and rainbows ensues. Thought there actually might have been a footy related update on Josh.

Kramer: “Jerry it’s played! Soooooooo playyyyyeeedddd…..”

Perhaps I need a break from this place for a bit.

So log in to another thread to see what the update around Josh is and surprise surprise another debate around religious symbols and rainbows ensues. Thought there actually might have been a footy related update on Josh.

He's not playing - again.
There's the update.

You could take a break but serenity now, insanity later.

They were maroon and white to the core when they were here.
I think our current players are of the same mind. However, problems occurred when the powers that be decided to play around with our maroon & white strip. Apart from the Pride jersey issue, we put in diabolical performances against the Sharks & Broncos wearing that horrible dark PointsBet jersey.

dark jersey.jpg

I think Josh is a great footballer.
I don’t really care what he thinks outside of footy or who his chooses to be friends with or support on instagram.it’s really none of my bloody business. Reading some of the posts it would appear we live in some kind of dystopian idealist totalitarian state.

Josh’s job is to play footy and abide by the law and be a good team man…from what I understand he is doing that… he and his six mates have every right to push back on the rainbow jersey.
Footy should be about footy not politics and putting one ideal above others etc. sport was created to bring people together and put politics and what separates us aside… This inclusiveness fetish now infiltrating sport is doing the opposite…it’s dividing us… identity politics is just another form of Marxist ideology. Stupid commi crap…

Sorry intentionally used rant mode to imitate the tone of other posts. This is done for effect :)
Agree 100%

What they do in their private lives should be none of our business.

If that affects their on field performances then absolutely it’s our business.

But which church they go to ( or not ), which club they have a drink at ( or not ), what sort of car they drive ( or not ) whether they are gay , straight , bisexual is completely irrelevant to us.

Yes I agree , doing things for charity / sick kids etc etc is a good look but again it should not be a prerequisite to play football.

If , or when, they bring our club , our game into disrepute then absolutely we deserve a right to an opinion.

But otherwise , just leave them alone !!

PS: I know not all will agree and that’s fine !!

Agree 100%

What they do in their private lives should be none of our business.

If that affects their on field performances then absolutely it’s our business.

But which church they go to ( or not ), which club they have a drink at ( or not ), what sort of car they drive ( or not ) whether they are gay , straight , bisexual is completely irrelevant to us.

Yes I agree , doing things for charity / sick kids etc etc is a good look but again it should not be a prerequisite to play football.

If , or when, they bring our club , our game into disrepute then absolutely we deserve a right to an opinion.

But otherwise , just leave them alone !!

PS: I know not all will agree and that’s fine !!
In theory, what you’re saying makes sense but in reality, the sort of people these guys are, does impact on the club and/or performances. We just spent three years treading water at 9 for nothing. We copped heaps of negative press after the jersey fiasco and there’s talk of a rift amongst the playing group…if so, it’ll certainly affect on field performances.

Personally, I’d like the club to be in the news because of our footy and nothing else.

The same reason a Muslim person or Jewish person or atheist do not wear a cross and would not

Because of the right of their beliefs

I'm not quite sure why I'm bothering here, but you do realise that some gay people are also religious, yeah?

The 1950's called Bozo.....they want you back.

The same reason a Muslim person or Jewish person or atheist do not wear a cross and would not

Because of the right of their beliefs
This argument is so 2 weeks ago.

Also what about saint kilda, st George, they have crosses

The Union Jack on the Australian flag has 3 crosses all representing Christian saints.

Last edited:

Well I hope he plays tomorrow and has an outstanding game for us. I am actually really looking forward to watching the boys play at CBUS, and just focusing on the footy for awhile. I won't be wearing any religious symbols or rainbows. However, I will be one of three generations of Manly supporters proudly wearing other forms of ritualistic maroon and white accoutrements instead.

Last edited:
In theory, what you’re saying makes sense but in reality, the sort of people these guys are, does impact on the club and/or performances. We just spent three years treading water at 9 for nothing. We copped heaps of negative press after the jersey fiasco and there’s talk of a rift amongst the playing group…if so, it’ll certainly affect on field performances.

Personally, I’d like the club to be in the news because of our footy and nothing else.
I get where you are coming from but much of this is conjecture ( at this point ).

Honestly if we implode in the next 4 games then it’s clear what’s happening off the field IS having a huge affect.

I don’t know Josh A personally , and have zero to do with the club these days but I’ve seen so many bad things said about him on here purely based on speculation / rumours and that cannot be a good thing.

We talk so much about mental illness these days but here we are blaming one player for everything without even knowing the true story. Imagine if all he’s guilty of is posting a photo up of him supporting a mate ( and yes I know that mate is currently guilty of a major crime but the photo was taken before this ).

Anyway I don’t disagree with you but I think we should all be careful about what we say given the current lack of real information.

If there's a way/reason/excuse he can use to avoid playing he'll find it. Gallen was right about his assessment of Josh's ability as a footballer.

Phil Moorwood was better

Are they though? I actually think we could swap out any or all of them with pretty much anyone (of basic NRL-standard/competency) and we'd still be doing exactly what we're doing right now: ie, sitting 10th, with nine wins and 11 losses and a -8 points differential. They are middling players on a middling NRL team. Sure, some of them have played good games and some have great potential, but they are hardly "superstars of the game". Players come and players go, but none of them are irreplaceable.

Are they though? I actually think we could swap out any or all of them with pretty much anyone (of basic NRL-standard/competency) and we'd still be doing exactly what we're doing right now: ie, sitting 10th, with nine wins and 11 losses and a -8 points differential. They are middling players on a middling NRL team. Sure, some of them have played good games and some have great potential, but they are hardly "superstars of the game". Players come and players go, but none of them are irreplaceable.

This 100% of the time ! Perfectly worded. For me it's what makes up the "character" component of it all which is the difference.

These blokes are quitters, soft, lazy, uninspired, lack passion , lack pride in the jersey.

EASILY replaced, the lot of them.

The Broncos did a labotomy, and lost so many good players and are reeking the rewards now (TPJ, McCullough,Lodge, Hunt and a raft of others. )

Manly need to do the same , do what Ikin is doing, and cull the players without the character and who aren't all in for their jersey.

Unfortunately @Ron E. Gibbs we may have to go beyond the seven players that stood themselves down and also consider the others went out in sympathy. Correct me if I am wrong but it was up to 13 that would have refused to play if picked?

This 100% of the time ! Perfectly worded. For me it's what makes up the "character" component of it all which is the difference.

These blokes are quitters, soft, lazy, uninspired, lack passion , lack pride in the jersey.

EASILY replaced, the lot of them.

The Broncos did a labotomy, and lost so many good players and are reeking the rewards now (TPJ, McCullough,Lodge, Hunt and a raft of others. )

Manly need to do the same , do what Ikin is doing, and cull the players without the character and who aren't all in for their jersey.
Agree with most of what you say. Best to keep in mind though that Brisbane have a much better pipeline of junior players than Manly

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10