Josh Aloiai, and membership discussions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@lsz .. my layman's impression is that at different times good ideas have been forthcoming ... remember the ranga player that had a bit of personality and interviewed the players and generally had a laugh ... then he went to England ... then nothing ..

There seems to be no follow through on good ideas ... they don't build upon success ... just always seem to go back to square one ... and start again ..

We are talking about engaging more people.

Of course results matter however the club, since membership became a thing, have failed to engage members in a material way that increases the membership base.

For what ever reason you can not seem to grasp that there is more to engagement than just "winning games". I would suggest you open up your mind to possibilities that are more than "speed kills" and other memes as you could actually learn something
I understand that we are talking about engaging with more people

Because I was living in and engaged to the Newtown jets but I broke the engagement because I was sick of losing

There was a time where the Jets tried to boost their crowd attendance by letting in kids like me for free

But I decided I would rather pay for my trip across the bridge and pay to see the thrill of my Sea eagle Super Heroes thrash teams

and it was more fun and enjoyment paying to see my team thrash teams than watching Newtown jets get thrashed for free

The fact is
Speed does Kill
and Success on the field Sells

Last edited:
I understand that we are talking about engaging with more people

Because I was living in and engaged to the Newtown jets but I broke the engagement because I was sick of losing

There was a time where they tried to boost their crowd attendance by letting in kids like me for free

But I decided I would rather pay for my trip across the bridge and pay to see the thrill of my Sea eagle Super Heroes thrash teams

and it was more fun and enjoyment paying to see my team trash teams than watching Newtown jets get trashed for free

The fact is
Speed does Kill
and Success on the field Sells

Well, statistically it doesn't. We've come 11th and have won 40% of our games and have just hit the highest membership numbers ever.

@lsz .. my layman's impression is that at different times good ideas have been forthcoming ... remember the ranga player that had a bit of personality and interviewed the players and generally had a laugh ... then he went to England ... then nothing ..

There seems to be no follow through on good ideas ... they don't build upon success ... just always seem to go back to square one ... and start again ..
Tommy talks...with Tom Symonds

To be honest it is not hard at all which says to me there has to be a reason as to why it is not happening

People love a good deal. Membership need to be at a better price point and include quality merchandise. For instance I’d pay $160 per year for my 3 game membership if it came with a jersey. Our merchandising is pretty ordinary.
Get a free Jersey with $160 per year membership?, impossible, club will go broke, you might get a free jersey if you paid a $1000 per year membership.

The fact is Membership numbers , Merchandise and Crowds will rise when the Sea eagles team start to rise
Success sells !
And sadly I can see our membership numbers decrease next season if our roster isn't improved. If everything stays the way it is now with only Tuilagi coming in I'm sure many people will not bother wasting money next season on memberships and merchandise. The club's got alot of soul searching to do if they expect current members to continue supporting the club with no improvement in sight.

Get a free Jersey with $160 per year membership?, impossible, club will go broke, you might get a free jersey if you paid a $1000 per year membership.
Don’t forget the club would pay about $35 for that jersey ( nett price ) so no they wouldn’t.

And sadly I can see our membership numbers decrease next season if our roster isn't improved. If everything stays the way it is now with only Tuilagi coming in I'm sure many people will not bother wasting money next season on memberships and merchandise. The club's got alot of soul searching to do if they expect current members to continue supporting the club with no improvement in sight.
Here is the thing (and let me flog this dead horse) what about talking about some of the kids coming through

Yes not as good as big name signing but what about more info Weekes. I mean what do we know about him?

It

Is

Not

Hard

(which means there has to be a reason it is not happening)

People love a good deal. Membership need to be at a better price point and include quality merchandise. For instance I’d pay $160 per year for my 3 game membership if it came with a jersey. Our merchandising is pretty ordinary.
These type of deals do exist at other clubs. A couple of years back my daughter (Panthers supporter :confused:) got a 5 home game pass, a jersey of choice, cap, scarf and lanyard for $190.

Here is the thing (and let me flog this dead horse) what about talking about some of the kids coming through

Yes not as good as big name signing but what about more info Weekes. I mean what do we know about him?

It

Is

Not

Hard

(which means there has to be a reason it is not happening)
The young kids could be good in the coming seasons but we need experienced players coming in unless you want another poor season results wise.

The fact is Membership numbers , Merchandise and Crowds will rise when the Sea eagles team start to rise
Success sells !
It's not just success, it's personalities too.

Membership will flow in once Manly returns to it's "Manly hates you too" roots and we face down the likes of Roosters, Storm and Panthers. We all want the Manly of 2007-2015 again with the attitude and the toughness.

This bunch just don't inspire that. When you see players just turning up for their cheques, and missing games over "woke" or "anti-woke" thinking its just not the same. I know its a new era, but players need to be on the same page and team first. When that breaks down it's a poor look.

Manly lost their DNA after the 2015 season. That's why I'm wanting a change, and I'm wanting it to be significant.

NYEagle

I don't understand the argument about not needing fan engagement. It's almost arguing for the sake of arguing, and I don't see wanting engagement as a "me too" decision. I'm on Silvertails because there a good people and like minded fans and we share the passion for our team and dare I say maybe glean a little extra information along the way.
Surely, extra fan engagement only enhances that experience. What am I not seeing?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8