Josh Aloiai, and membership discussions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It is about engaging fans and keeping them engaged after a tough season

Rubes is a fan favorite. Get him to record his typical rehab day and load it up - not hard and gives people who do not post memes over and over some hope for next year
We have had many interviews done with Rubes all season
We know he is injured and recovering and that is enough for most fans

We do know that players are injured and are recovering for next season

everything else is everything else is academic

I do not see a big deal here

Everything else is academic?

You don't want to know about signings, players leaving, train and trial contracts?
You don't want to know about future direction and strategies?
You don't want to know what the priorities for the club are going forwards?
You don't want to know who'll be the next immortal coach as you put them?
You don't want to know how Schuster, Saab, Tom are going in rehab?

etc etc etc....

Maaaaate, come on.

If you can see the difference in quality of content then there is no point in talking to you

When do we last do something like this

Mate I am not trying to be smart but I do not see any big deal with that short souths clip

That clip is no deal breaker

To be honest with you . As a club member the club provides all the information there is to know for me

I just wished we won more games

He’s on the clock 24/7 with resources not comparable with those in the same position at other clubs
A lot of people here would say this is the crux of many of our problems. The owners are reputed to favour a minimalist approach to funding the Sea Eagles, and that is consistent with your comment.

The questions I think many of us would like you to ask on our behalf...
Can the Penns really afford to run the Sea Eagles to the level required in order to actually win the comp again?
If not, what is their strategy for changing this funding deficit situation, and what is the time frame proposed for us to be able to challenge the big boys?
If they do not have such a strategy, and they love the club, why won't they sell to another entity that may be better placed to fully fund the club?

Thanks mate. Appreciate that - very well said, and point taken. I 100% retract my comments on that subject matter, and apologize to Wayne.

Can I say as an aside though, I hope "the club" at some point updates members and fans on the direction & strategy of the club. Fans at present (I feel) are pretty disconnected and confused as to what's happening behind the scenes, and I think I "generally" speak for most when I say I hope there is something relating to:

• Roster Management
  • Coaching strategies
  • Membership strategies (including reducing home games)
  • Brookvale Oval (is the hope for a full refurb. over?)
  • Marketing
  • Next years strategy around "inclusivity jerseys"
  • How Mestrov is going and what his focuses are
  • KPI's and Accountability (including lines of command) across the club

etc etc etc...many more things.
All good, mate! Nice to have open conversations on here, differing opinions make life interesting!

I'll definitely pass on that feedback - I think an update on things across the board post season would be great! Some clarity around the direction we're taking leading into 2023 would be really well received and appreciated.

Mate I am not trying to be smart but I do not see any big deal with that short souths clip

To be honest with you . As a club member the club provides all the information there is to know for me

Do you even support the club, or are you even interested in the place? Jesus.

All good, mate! Nice to have open conversations on here, differing opinions make life interesting!

I'll definitely pass on that feedback - I think an update on things across the board post season would be great! Some clarity around the direction we're taking leading into 2023 would be really well received and appreciated.

Do you remember many years ago, the club hosted a fan forum, that was recorded and televised for all the members by the then CEO? That was amazing. He was open to many questions. Stopped a huge component of the gossip and whispers too.

What a great event and idea. Spoke about strategy, projections both on and off the field.

Everything else is academic?

You don't want to know about signings, players leaving, train and trial contracts?
You don't want to know about future direction and strategies?
You don't want to know what the priorities for the club are going forwards?
You don't want to know who'll be the next immortal coach as you put them?
You don't want to know how Schuster, Saab, Tom are going in rehab?

etc etc etc....

Maaaaate, come on.
Our club is in the same academic process fairwelling players and on the look out for new players and the signing of the tigers forward
The future of our club is secure and the strategie is for the coaching staff to improve or be removed
By all those action the priority of the club is to move forward

Our club is in the same academic process fairwelling players and on the look out for new players and the signing of the tigers forward
The future of our club is secure and the strategie is for the coaching staff to improve or be removed
By all those action the priority of the club is to move forward

I'm not getting it @BOZO (this is Ryan btw).
If you're not after any information - what's the point of a footy forum? Isn't that what this is all about? Anyways, I think "generally" speaking, most people do want to know about the inner workings / strategies.

Hi Mitch

Appreciate the update however i disagree with the inability of the team to produce content based on the season we have had. Sure it is challenging but there are basic communications fundamentals that the club, for what ever reason, do not follow

A recent example is Rubs (not the transfer tat his injury). The last update from the club was this

Why not some content following his rehab? Same with the 4,000 other players we have injured at the moment

Also appreciate the fact that Cuzzo is clearly under resourced
More than fair points mate. I personally like content with a focus around injuries and recoveries.

I can pass all this feedback on (it’s good feedback) and it will get to Tony. Post season is obviously going to be where he really finds his feet and I think you’ll find some greater clarity on updates across the club.

Do you remember many years ago, the club hosted a fan forum, that was recorded and televised for all the members by the then CEO? That was amazing. He was open to many questions. Stopped a huge component of the gossip and whispers too.

What a great event and idea. Spoke about strategy, projections both on and off the field.
Fan forums are a great idea and vehicle for engagement! It’s great to get in front of the fan base and articulate the path you envisage for the club and on the flip side, the member base can provide valuable feedback that can steer action moving forward.

Fan forums are a great idea and vehicle for engagement! It’s great to get in front of the fan base and articulate the path you envisage for the club and on the flip side, the member base can provide valuable feedback that can steer action moving forward.
AFL clubs interaction with their fans/members leave the NRL for dead.Granted,AFL clubs have long been member driven and their club hierarchy are voted in by members,but they still treat them much better than most NRL clubs.You only have to listen to AFL coaches in the media to see how more professional than most NRL clubs they are and their willingness to divulge information to their members.Des,for example,should stop his cloak and dagger routine and his BS “under the radar” schtick and promote the club better,keep the members informed,obviously to a certain extent

Just looking at our Manly website and comparing I do not see any difference

I think some people are clutching at straws
Hey, @BOZO I know you don't like to accept mediocrity in performance from the players. Why should we accept mediocrity in performance by our club management? Fan engagement by the club is absolutely abysmal. Worst in the NRL by some stretch. Just as we won't accept poor performance by the players, fans like us shouldn't have to put up with the disrespect and disdain that the club is demonstrating towards us, through poor communication.

Last edited:
Hey, @BOZO I know you don't like to accept mediocrity in performance from the players. Why should we accept mediocrity in performance by our club management? Fan engagement by the club is absolutely abysmal. Worst in the NRL by some stretch. Just as we won't accept poor performance by the players, fans like us shouldn't have to put up with the disrespect and disdain that the club is demonstrating towards us through inadequate and mediocre communication.
Reckon the fan engagement stopped weeks ago. Even on this site, every other year there has been way more banter.

Think most us can't wait for the women's cricket to start, at least that's fun to watch. BTW has anyone else been bored stupid with the One Day with the blokes. Way to serious ego's

We have had many interviews done with Rubes all season
We know he is injured and recovering and that is enough for most fans

Exactly!

They are not appealing to a larger audience other than the 12-13k we get every year

More than fair points mate. I personally like content with a focus around injuries and recoveries.

I can pass all this feedback on (it’s good feedback) and it will get to Tony. Post season is obviously going to be where he really finds his feet and I think you’ll find some greater clarity on updates across the club.

Great stuff

There are other ways they can increase content for minimal cost as well - my sense is (based on the jersey gate / reliance on cuzzo) that the marketing and coms team is pretty bare bones and might not know what they could do

Great stuff

There are other ways they can increase content for minimal cost as well - my sense is (based on the jersey gate / reliance on cuzzo) that the marketing and coms team is pretty bare bones and might not know what they could do
Surely outsourcing communications to Silvertails would be a reasonable option @lsz @:cool:

• 👍
Reactions: R3
As always this is not true

Lets compare souths

Yes some of the content is similar to manly but the execution is incorrect. Take the captains run photos which the club does and post on Instagram and other socials but never on its website. Also look at some of the content on there

Not hard to produce at all even with limited staff

Blah blah passion but the club fails in the execution especially compared to other clubs
Great stuff!

Surely outsourcing communications to Silvertails would be a reasonable option @lsz @:cool:
Ha! Not far off though

In my current role I have a team of two looking after similar stuff and they manage to produce 15-20 engaging marketing activities per week (with far less)

It is possible and does not take much

Post #959 - I think it goes back further than that.

Stanton was a notoriously reticent coach and not much changed when he eventually became the CEO. The latter (1990s) was a time when fans expected more in terms of feedback, than when he was a coach (and not facing a mandated weekly press conference!).

When the club was fast approaching the joint venture cliff in 1998/1999, Frank (and the club more generally) frustratingly gave very little away.

I still think he was a very good CEO.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11