Josh Aloiai, and membership discussions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Come on Maxta !!!

If another Manly forum offered you more money to abandon the Silvertails you would be off like a brides nightie
Brides still wear nighties in your world Bozo. Sweet.
And your comparison for Maxta needs to be the Eels forum. Not another Manly forum.

And now we're back at club communications.
Of course we don't want to know the explicit details but a statement saying Josh is out due to a family bereavement is a no brainer. It should happen every time, let alone at a time when there are all sorts of rumours about him.
Same with injuries. It's never stated that a player is out due to a specific injury, why not?
And we're left to player's individual instagrams to know that they've been operated on.
Fan engagement is everything. Manly's is woeful.
Agree , it would be so simple to announce that when you release the team sheet.

And now we're back at club communications.
Of course we don't want to know the explicit details but a statement saying Josh is out due to a family bereavement is a no brainer. It should happen every time, let alone at a time when there are all sorts of rumours about him.
Same with injuries. It's never stated that a player is out due to a specific injury, why not?
And we're left to player's individual instagrams to know that they've been operated on.
Fan engagement is everything. Manly's is woeful.

Have you heard Wayne Cousins speak?

He's completely player / coach focused (hence the cutting short of post match pressers when the questions start getting tough) media manager, and is COMPLETELY out of touch with what the fans want, need or look / hope for.

I find that interesting, because I believe the role of a media manager is to build bridges between the club and fans, creating connection and buy in from paying customers.

The BEST way I could explain our present situation, is the fans are devoid of any idea about the clubs direction or position. We are completely in the dark. We have been given absolutely ZERO hope for the future at present, and given our results, you'd think they'd be all over that. To me, the club as a whole have shown a complete disdain for the members and fans.

He's completely player / coach focused (hence the cutting short of post match pressers when the questions start getting tough) media manager, and is COMPLETELY out of touch with what the fans want, need or look / hope for.

I find that interesting, because I believe the role of a media manager is to build bridges between the club and fans, creating connection and buy in from paying customers.

The BEST way I could explain our present situation, is the fans are devoid of any idea about the clubs direction or position. We are completely in the dark. We have been given absolutely ZERO hope for the future at present, and given our results, you'd think they'd be all over that. To me, the club as a whole have shown a complete disdain for the members and fans.
Agree but I think there are distinct roles between fan engagement and media relations

I’ll preface this by saying I know Cuzzo well, mate (I’ll try and not write with any bias!).

Cuzzo’s work ethic and passion for the club can’t be questioned, he absolutely loves the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

He is always approachable and happy to speak with any fan or member wanting to have a chat and provide any feedback.

He’s on the clock 24/7 with resources not comparable with those in the same position at other clubs.

Unfortunately with the season we’ve had, there isn’t much the media team can produce in terms of content that will be viewed in a positive nature..you can’t polish a you know what!

I get the point about post match conference timing. We’d love Des to sit there and be grilled with questions all day, the flip side is though that a Media Manager in most cases will act or be directed to protect the coach/players from that very thing. It’s a rock and a hard place situation.

It’s been a frustrating season and that can be pushed in many directions, but knowing Cuzzo and the work ethic and passion he has for the club, he is certainly someone the Sea Eagles need.

Last edited:
I’ll preface this by saying I know Cuzzo well, mate (I’ll try and not write with any bias!).

Cuzco’s work ethic and passion for the club can’t be questioned, he absolutely loves the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

He is always approachable and happy to speak with any fan or member wanting to have a chat and provide any feedback.

He’s on the clock 24/7 with resources not comparable with those in the same position at other clubs.

Unfortunately with the season we’ve had, there isn’t much the media team can produce in terms of content that will be viewed in a positive nature..you can’t polish a you know what!

I get the point about post match conference timing. We’d love Des to sit there and be grilled with questions all day, the flip side is though that a Media Manager in most cases will act or be directed to protect the coach/players from that very thing. It’s a rock and a hard place situation.

It’s been a frustrating season and that can be pushed in many directions, but knowing Cuzzo and the work ethic and passion he has for the club, he is certainly someone the Sea Eagles need.
No media NRL Man is as Dedicated , and Passionate as our Media Manly Man Cuzzo

I am very big on passion and Cuzzo is Manly Passion Personified and a very approachable respectful and likeable Person as well .

He is on the ball and on the clock 24/8 Eight days a week and he lives and breaths Manly

Cuzzo loves Manly and he loves his job and he is bloody good at it .

Am I bias ? Yes I am because I had the pleasure of many dealing with Cuzzo and any one that knows Cuzzo or has had any interaction with Cuzzo and experienced the quality Manly person he is would also become bias to him

Great Manly people are an asset to our club and the great Cuzzo is one of them

No media NRL Man is as Dedicated , and Passionate as our Media Manly Man Cuzzo

I am very big on passion and Cuzzo is Manly Passion Personified and a very approachable respectful and likeable Person as well .

He is on the ball and on the clock 24/8 Eight days a week and he lives and breaths Manly

Cuzzo loves Manly and he loves his job and he is bloody good at it .

Am I bias ? Yes I am because I had the pleasure of many dealing with Cuzzo and any one that knows Cuzzo or has had any interaction with Cuzzo and experienced the quality Manly person he is would also become bias to him

Great Manly people are an asset to our club and the great Cuzzo is one of them

The club has been treating us with complete disdain for years. It started in around 2006 and has accelerated from 2014 to now. I am sure the fact that this coincides with ownership of the club by the Penis is purely coincidental. The club has shown total disinterest in real fan engagement and simultaneously demonstrated an evident lack of respect for MWSE members and fans. You would think that disrespecting fans is simply bad business sense. Obviously, the powers that be are either too incompetent to realise that, or don't care about the long-term consequences of a disrespected and disenfranchised MWSE fan base.

Cuzzo’s work ethic and passion for the club can’t be questioned, he absolutely loves the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

Thanks mate. Appreciate that - very well said, and point taken. I 100% retract my comments on that subject matter, and apologize to Wayne.

Can I say as an aside though, I hope "the club" at some point updates members and fans on the direction & strategy of the club. Fans at present (I feel) are pretty disconnected and confused as to what's happening behind the scenes, and I think I "generally" speak for most when I say I hope there is something relating to:

• Roster Management
  • Coaching strategies
  • Membership strategies (including reducing home games)
  • Brookvale Oval (is the hope for a full refurb. over?)
  • Marketing
  • Next years strategy around "inclusivity jerseys"
  • How Mestrov is going and what his focuses are
  • KPI's and Accountability (including lines of command) across the club

etc etc etc...many more things.

Thanks mate. Appreciate that - very well said, and point taken. I 100% retract my comments on that subject matter, and apologize to Wayne.

Can I say as an aside though, I hope "the club" at some point updates members and fans on the direction & strategy of the club. Fans at present (I feel) are pretty disconnected and confused as to what's happening behind the scenes, and I think I "generally" speak for most when I say I hope there is something relating to:

• Roster Management
  • Coaching strategies
  • Membership strategies (including reducing home games)
  • Brookvale Oval (is the hope for a full refurb. over?)
  • Marketing
  • Next years strategy around "inclusivity jerseys"
  • How Mestrov is going and what his focuses are
  • KPI's and Accountability (including lines of command) across the club

etc etc etc...many more things.
I am confused at how disconnected you are feathered friend

And if you connect to our clubs website you will find as much info for our club as any other clubs NRL website

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles | Sea Eagles​

https://www.seaeagles.com.au

Hi Mitch

Appreciate the update however i disagree with the inability of the team to produce content based on the season we have had. Sure it is challenging but there are basic communications fundamentals that the club, for what ever reason, do not follow

A recent example is Rubs (not the transfer tat his injury). The last update from the club was this

Why not some content following his rehab? Same with the 4,000 other players we have injured at the moment

Also appreciate the fact that Cuzzo is clearly under resourced

Last edited:
I am confused at how disconnected you are feathered friend

And if you connect to our clubs website you will find as much info for our club as any other clubs NRL website

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles | Sea Eagles

https://www.seaeagles.com.au
As always this is not true

Lets compare souths

Yes some of the content is similar to manly but the execution is incorrect. Take the captains run photos which the club does and post on Instagram and other socials but never on its website. Also look at some of the content on there

Not hard to produce at all even with limited staff

Blah blah passion but the club fails in the execution especially compared to other clubs

Hi Mitch

Appreciate the update however i disagree with the inability of the team to produce content based on the season we have had. Sure it is challenging but there are basic communications fundamentals that the club, for what ever reason, do not follow

A recent example is Rubs (not the transfer tat his injury). The last update from the club was this

Why not some content following his rehab? Same with the 4,000 other players we have injured at the moment
We do know that players are injured and are recovering for next season

everything else is everything else is academic

I do not see a big deal here

Lets compare souths

Yes some of the content is similar to manly but the execution is incorrect. Take the captains run photos which the club does and post on Instagram and other socials but never on its website. Also look at some of the content on there

Blah blah passion but the club fails in the execution especially compared to other clubs
Lets double down on this

Take a look at membership. Both ourselves and Wests have challenges ahead

Wests website

Clear and simple as to what they expect people to do

Ours

Again this is not a critique of clearly under staffed people working at the club

We do know that players are injured and are recovering for next season

everything else is everything else is academic

I do not see a big deal here
It is about engaging fans and keeping them engaged after a tough season

Rubes is a fan favorite. Get him to record his typical rehab day and load it up - not hard and gives people who do not post memes over and over some hope for next year

Lets compare souths

Just looking at our Manly website and comparing I do not see any difference

I think some people are clutching at straws

Just looking at our Manly website and comparing I do not see any difference

I think some people are clutching at straws
If you can see the difference in quality of content then there is no point in talking to you

When do we last do something like this

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10