Josh Aloiai, and membership discussions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So we should get rid of him? Then we should get rid of Tom also coz he spends more time on the sideline than any of our current players....well apart from Manase.
Get rid of him if he has ACTUALLY asked for a release,yes.
Tom has blue chip potential when on the field , Aloiao does not.

What do you expect from a prop? That he runs for 200 meters plus, makes 54 tackles, 100 post tackle meters, 20 tackle busts? His stats were better than both Hargreaves & Nelsons last week!

That’s logical. I said 100m wasn’t anything to write home about. I didn’t say it was bad. I just don’t think it’s exceptional, and I think it’s actually below his own average. Therefore my expectation must be double that, and I must also have unrealistic expectations around other stats that have not even been discussed…

Are you saying he played better, and/or put in more effort, than both JWH and NAS last week? Who would you prefer to have in the team?

That’s logical. I said 100m wasn’t anything to write home about. I didn’t say it was bad. I just don’t think it’s exceptional, and I think it’s actually below his own average. Therefore my expectation must be double that, and I must also have unrealistic expectations around other stats that have not even been discussed…

Are you saying he played better, and/or put in more effort, than both JWH and NAS last week? Who would you prefer to have in the team?

Which props at Manly are above him on our pecking order.

If none, why would we get rid of him unless he wants out.

I think most people see someone willing to stand down from important games as not 100% on board.

If true that he has also asked for a release then there is your confirmation and I see no point in holding onto a player who doesn't want to be at the club and has shown a history of strike action.

Last edited:
I must admit I think Aloai is our no.1 prop. Runs hard and tackles hard.

However it seems like there maybe more to Josh than simply playing footy. Didn't he stop playing for the Tigers and demanded a release to come and play for us? Something along the lines of they weren't aligned to his values.

Which props at Manly are above him on our pecking order.

If none, why would we get rid of him unless he wants out.
I don’t think any prop at Many is above him in our pecking order. But none of them, Aloiai included, would make any of the top teams imo.

We probably shouldn’t, and probably couldn’t, get rid of him if he doesn’t want out. But if the rumours are true and he does want out I think we should let him go.

If he has asked for a release, between us and his exit from the Tigers, it hardly makes him look ideal for other clubs to want to sign him.
He can honour his contract and run around for Blacktown next year.

Conjecture. Could be true, we don't know, but what is important is what happens going forward.

This could be one of the most fascinating Manly off-seasons on record. If only we could watch it unfold each week on some reality TV show! It would rate through the roof. I'm quite optimistic the squad will be very unified next year. (I'd explain why but I don't want to spoil the ending) :)
The Manly boys sitting around the shared house in their rainbow pyjamas, eating popcorn and and telling each other horror stories... meanwhile, somebody is running around knocking them off one by one (with a knife, of course).

But if the rumours are true and he does want out I think we should let him go.
The club (via @Mitch) (thanks!) has let it be known no-one has asked for a release. Which of course doesn't mean the rumours are false. But I don't understand why Aloia would want a release? He definitely styles himself as a leader, on and off-field. Running away seems at odds with everything about him. It seems crazy to suggest his feelings are hurt. I guess time will tell.

Doubt if Alioia would be going anywhere ,. Apart from just signing a 3 year extension [ admittedly before jersey gate ] , any contract adjustment would be very complicated and even though on good money at Manly . definitely can warrant it if he can stay fit and healthy on past indications . Could be some maneuvering to get another quality prop , maybe not , if not really need someone like Tuitavake to step up to boost the go forward and aggression . a fit Paseka , Jake and depending if Schuster can cut it as the 6 . Again really would like to think a Shu 13 - Weekes - 6 option could be a reality

This guy is a quality player when not injured and when his head is screwed on. Pretty clear though that he is the leader/coordinator of the Boycott 10. I wont be surprised at all if he asks for a release. I will be surprised if he doesn't. I would also be surprised if we dont support that release. I however will also be surprised if there are a heap of clubs scrambling for his signature based on what happened at Wests/Tigers and now with us. There will be some but they will be bottom feeders because teams requiring high quality character/no drama/team players wont touch him with a ten foot pole.

Every time I've seen him play lately his knee is heavily bandaged, he's clearly nor 100% but tries his guts out. Maybe our coach should of rested him but that won't happen until he does an ACL or something, surely we can blood some younger guys or is our coach more worried about his job than the players.

No doubt in my mind that Josh led the rest of the homochromatic seven out the door @bob dylan . To me, that will always be unforgivable. Yes, Josh's form has been reasonable since coming back in. Unfortunately, this has not been enough to inspire the others to have a real dig for their heterochromatic teammates.

What do you think of Des and Foran with the schiit they have previously put the club thru?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8