Josh Aloiai re-signs until 2025

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep looks like we are throwing a game next season.
Not if we go back to a previous jersey design, that was focused on the theme of the actual round i.e Women in League.

Different story of course if we have an Everyone in League Round as an addition to the schedule in 2023.

If the NRL had any foresight they would make that round one of Manlys three bye weeks......

Last edited:
Wouldn't be an issue if we acted as a football team and not a moral compass - whatever your morals might be!!!
I respect people with a moral compass… I may not agree with their views, but I respect their views. Sometimes you need to stand up for you beliefs like the Russian soldiers that refused to fight in Ukraine.

BTW no one criticises Mohammad Ali for standing by his famous belief.

Just sayin.

I respect people with a moral compass… I may not agree with their views, but I respect their views. Sometimes you need to stand up for you beliefs like the Russian soldiers that refused to fight in Ukraine.

BTW no one criticises Mohammad Ali for standing by his famous belief.

Just sayin.
Actually, I think we are on the same "side"

I think we will have an everyone in league jersey again, it just won’t be a rainbow design. That, or players will be given the choice to wear rainbow socks.

Even though I disagree with their position, it’s good to finally hear from some of the 7 players. I just wish Josh would speak for himself and not say what the others will or won’t do. If any of the others have a change of heart, they should be free to do so without influence from him.

Wow I just read what said Aloiai about the pride jersey, his reasons for not wearing it now or in the future and frankly he needs to be called out on these words!

I copied this extract from the article below.

Aloiai was asked whether he and his teammates’ stance was disrespectful to homosexuals, the Manly prop said "he had only respect for people who choose that life".

“We still have nothing but respect for people that choose to live that way of life,” he said.

As a person who is Gay, I can share with you that this is NOT or NEVER is a choice in how we live it is indeed WHO we are!!

This really is an issue that there are people like him who believe that your sexual orientation is a choice, I look at Josh now and pity his ignorance!

Josh has to prove his ability in the game, when it comes to football ability Parker has it all over him.

Not sold on him or his attitude, respect his culture, hoping that broom that’s in full swing at a Brookie finds that extension he signed and blows it away.

When he is playing his best he has that aggression that we need in the pack.
His injuries are a concern.
We need continuity in our pack (with selective games out for players to freshen up and manage the season load) but that was sadly lacking with so many dealing with injuries throughout the season.

Respect his right to hold his views, but he doesn’t come across as very bright 💡
Either not very bright or a bit of a liar.
"For Easter round we wanted to wear a Christian jersey but our atheist boys ..."
Where to begin?
Does he really believe that a small group of players can decide on a jersey concept and the club will do the whole NRL approval, getting a design, getting the jersey made and marketed etc.?
Are the atheist boys actually non believers or just not fundamentalists?
He doesn't consider any other religion bar Christianity. You're a christian or an atheist. No room for anything else.

And then there's his determination that the gay population choose 'that lifestyle' while the seven don't 'choose' that. Ian Roberts will be apoplectic. There is no choice.

Yep. Not very bright at the very least.

He does though, underline the point why clubs should stay away from anything that could upset the cattle because they are certainly not thinkers.

Either not very bright or a bit of a liar.
"For Easter round we wanted to wear a Christian jersey but our atheist boys ..."
Where to begin?
Does he really believe that a small group of players can decide on a jersey concept and the club will do the whole NRL approval, getting a design, getting the jersey made and marketed etc.?
Are the atheist boys actually non believers or just not fundamentalists?
He doesn't consider any other religion bar Christianity. You're a christian or an atheist. No room for anything else.

And then there's his determination that the gay population choose 'that lifestyle' while the seven don't 'choose' that. Ian Roberts will be apoplectic. There is no choice.

Yep. Not very bright at the very least.

He does though, underline the point why clubs should stay away from anything that could upset the cattle because they are certainly not thinkers.
A lot of these flying spaghetti monsters are pretty close to the same thing

Wow I just read what said Aloiai about the pride jersey, his reasons for not wearing it now or in the future and frankly he needs to be called out on these words!

I copied this extract from the article below.

Aloiai was asked whether he and his teammates’ stance was disrespectful to homosexuals, the Manly prop said "he had only respect for people who choose that life".

“We still have nothing but respect for people that choose to live that way of life,” he said.

As a person who is Gay, I can share with you that this is NOT or NEVER is a choice in how we live it is indeed WHO we are!!

This really is an issue that there are people like him who believe that your sexual orientation is a choice, I look at Josh now and pity his ignorance!
Completely agree and understand where your coming from but i think choice of words here was amiss from him

I dont think josh would have been conscious of the difference between “choice” as opposed to “being born that way” when interviewed on
TV

More his point was that he doesnt judge other people for how they are, just he shouldnt be told what to wear so as other people have that freedom to do so too

Completely agree and understand where your coming from but i think choice of words here was amiss from him

I dont think josh would have been conscious of the difference between “choice” as opposed to “being born that way” when interviewed on
TV

More his point was that he doesnt judge other people for how they are, just he shouldnt be told what to wear so as other people have that freedom to do so too
His words are ignorant, thats my point. He is oblivious to what those words mean. His words to me are exclusive and go against the values of the NRL that he is employed to play in.

I respect his rights to expect people to accept his culture and beliefs just as long as he respects mine and that who I am is not a choice!

Aloiai is a deadset peanut.

Lol @ “Show me where in the bible it says we can’t support gambling, drinking” ( or whatever he said, I zoned out halfway through).

He was trying to come across nice with a quiet voice but there was a passive aggressive tint that shone through. Then my suspicion was confirmed after a minute proved too long for him to bite his tongue, snapping at Parker at the end. Just carelessly, blindly stubborn

If only he was physically as mobile as he is mental.

Also tried to act like having a sister who happens to be gay changes that he is just a self-absorbed fundamentalist (at least that’s what he appears to claim to be) who is afraid of rainbows and the scary broadness it represents.

My dislike for Aloiai goes even beyond this whole situation. Im quite over the rainbow event but he just comes across as a total tool

Oh well, at least the mental gymnastics is interesting to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no the people around here that live miserable lives are back again making hateful remarks about josh. The bloke gave a reasonable and respectful reasoning and you still want to crucify him.

Some of you are in the same category as Corey Parker. It’s actually laughable at how soft some are around here. We wouldn’t be in this position if the clowns that run the asylum didn’t come out with an alphabet jersey.
Let’s get back to footy.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8