Josh Aloiai re-signs until 2025

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To me it’s pretty simple ( re the pride jersey for 2023).

Players get a choice , those that are against it wear the normal jersey.

I have no issues with being inclusive that’s society today.

Black , white , brindle , who gives a **** you’re human.

Straight , Gay , in between , who gives a **** it’s your life.

Vegan / Meat eaters , who gives a **** , eat what you want.

BUT

Let’s just not make a big deal out of any of it.
Let’s just wear the same bloody jersey that we have worn for over 70 years…. I sick of all these different jerseys for different promotional reasons.

Josh has to prove his ability in the game, when it comes to football ability Parker has it all over him.

Not sold on him or his attitude, respect his culture, hoping that broom that’s in full swing at a Brookie finds that extension he signed and blows it away.
It would be nice if he done more talking on the field TBH.

To me it’s pretty simple ( re the pride jersey for 2023).

Players get a choice , those that are against it wear the normal jersey.

I have no issues with being inclusive that’s society today.

Black , white , brindle , who gives a **** you’re human.

Straight , Gay , in between , who gives a **** it’s your life.

Vegan / Meat eaters , who gives a **** , eat what you want.

BUT

Let’s just not make a big deal out of any of it.
Mark, from a SMH article July 26...

'The NRL told the club it wouldn’t allow players to wear different versions of the Sea Eagles jersey'

Mark, from a SMH article July 26...

'The NRL told the club it wouldn’t allow players to wear different versions of the Sea Eagles jersey'
Ah yes I’m fully aware of that BUT that’s the way around it.

10 wear it , 7 don’t , and we still have a chance to win the game.

Let’s just wear the same bloody jersey that we have worn for over 70 years
Can you post a picture of that one?
A 'cleanskin' jersey is a nice idea and maybe 60 or 70 years ago we had one home and one away, but over the years the total count could be a coupla 100 different versions!

Okay. So you do realise that the term homophobe gets thrown around very weightlessly?
I don’t care whether Johnny down the road shags women or is into blokes. If he’s a good person, he’s a good person. I judge people for who they are, not their sexuality. I know plenty of people who are and I respect them as much as I do anyone else. They’re humans.
That's awesome, chuckee. I wish everybody else felt the same.

But you do realise that by refusing to wear a jersey that supports inclusivity - that was always advertised as trying to say, "Everybody is welcome in rugby league" - our players are essentially saying, "No, not everyone is welcome in league." They are in fact judging people for their sexuality, and implying that they are somehow less than human.

Actions do speak louder than words, and at the end of the day, instead of supporting people, our players have taken the opportunity to make a very clear statement.

In any case, they are adding nothing but fire to a bad situation by opening their mouths, and Aloiai sounds like he's actually looking forward to getting another opportunity to refuse to wear a Manly jersey again, which really helps nobody. There are so many ways out of this situation, for the club, the NRL and the players, but it seems like all anybody wants is more confrontation.

Anyway I think this thread should go straight to the general discussion area as it is really not going to be about football. Maybe a politics in sport section could be be created so there will be a place for people to pontificate… if they choose too.

That's awesome, chuckee. I wish everybody else felt the same.

But you do realise that by refusing to wear a jersey that supports inclusivity - that was always advertised as trying to say, "Everybody is welcome in rugby league" - our players are essentially saying, "No, not everyone is welcome in league." They are in fact judging people for their sexuality, and implying that they are somehow less than human.

Actions do speak louder than words, and at the end of the day, instead of supporting people, our players have taken the opportunity to make a very clear statement.

In any case, they are adding nothing but fire to a bad situation by opening their mouths, and Aloiai sounds like he's actually looking forward to getting another opportunity to refuse to wear a Manly jersey again, which really helps nobody. There are so many ways out of this situation, for the club, the NRL and the players, but it seems like all anybody wants is more confrontation.
As human beings we are all so quick to judge each others' integrity, based on what we perceive their intent to be. Integrity is based on intent.
'No, not everybody is welcome in Rugby League' is a summation of someone else's intent, which may be right - or wrong. The same with 'judging people for their sexuality' and 'implying that they are somehow less than human'. All statements of perceived intent - the same as 'Aloiai sounds like he's actually looking forward to getting another opportunity to refuse to wear a Manly jersey again'.

What if all these summations of intent are wrong?

What if the Manly 7 are really judging themselves, in terms of what they will or will not do?

I just don’t see how the nrl couldn’t of come up with some form of advertising campaign for the season…with a couple of willing players from every team wnrl and juniors included talking and welcoming everyone

His words are ignorant, thats my point. He is oblivious to what those words mean. His words to me are exclusive and go against the values of the NRL that he is employed to play in.

I respect his rights to expect people to accept his culture and beliefs just as long as he respects mine and that who I am is not a choice!

So, you are smarter and better educated than a Rugby League prop forward ..

Why not wear our normal jumpers and during Pride round whoever wants to can wear a logo on their sleeve - sort of like an individual sponsor.

Ah yes I’m fully aware of that BUT that’s the way around it.

10 wear it , 7 don’t , and we still have a chance to win the game.

Would be 100% more successful to come up with a jersey that symbolised Inclusiveness ... rather than take a lazy approach and simply go for the gay pride rainbow ..

Q) How does the Rainbow symbol represent Women in League, or the Indigenous community, or the disabled, or the RUOK movement, amongst others ?

Q) How does the Rainbow symbol represent Women in League, or the Indigenous community, or the disabled, or the RUOK movement, amongst others ?
How could it not represent them?
Everyone knows some women in league are gay. Some first nations people are gay. Some disabled. And some with mental health issues.
I may be missing your point though?

Would be 100% more successful to come up with a jersey that symbolised Inclusiveness ... rather than take a lazy approach and simply go for the gay pride rainbow ..

Indeed - or people with Tourette's, Parkinsons, glaucoma, left handed, or even with very red hair.....

None of these things were asked for by people who have them, and all make things harder for those who do have them - in some way or another.

As human beings, we are very selective on who we bestow the 'we're with you' tag. Who is this year's 'flavour of the year' - or decade? Is there some intelligentsia 'star chamber' that decides such things? Wow - we're all 'enlightened' now, at one with the universe - till we come across another opinion we don't like (this is not aimed at you, Woodsie - it's aimed at all of us as fickle human beings).

I was reading the Reddit posts re: Josh's recent interview, and I was amazed at my fellow human beings. Posts like "I fxxxen hate him", "I hate him more than any other NRL player". and "I could kill him" had me horrified. The irony - people's perception of 'intolerance' by a player leads them to 'uber-intolerance'.

The idea that 'if you're not with me, you're against me' is one that needs to be consigned to the rubbish bin of history. Far too simplistic. What a contradiction - 'let's all celebrate our diversity' - but not diversity of thought.

Just make a jersey with 'you're all welcome' on it for one round and be done with it.

How could it not represent them?
Everyone knows some women in league are gay. Some first nations people are gay. Some disabled. And some with mental health issues.
I may be missing your point though?

WOW ... that is the greatest case of mind gymnastics I have ever heard ... RUOK represented by the gay pride Rainbow ... you are seriously losing the plot ....

RUOK represented by the gay pride Rainbow ... you are seriously losing the plot ....
I do have trouble following the plot here sometimes.
Meanwhile RUOK.org states:

"R U OK? contributes to suicide prevention efforts by encouraging people to invest more time in their personal relationships and building the capacity of informal support networks – friends, family and colleagues - to be alert to those around them, have a conversation if they identify signs of distress or difficulty and connect someone to appropriate support, long before they're in crisis."

So maybe you're right and gay people don't encounter suicide, distress, and difficulty.

Although I have assumed the opposite, and that they do experience those, and quite possibly more often than the population mean. I'm only guessing. Although if you are excluded or shunned & disapproved by sections of society simply for who you are, then reasonably that might have a negative impact on your mental health over time? I'm no expert.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8