Josh Aloiai re-signs until 2025

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
But if you look vewwy vewwy carefully, it wasn’t actually a flag.
It was the colours of the rainbow which is also used to describe the various races.
But we do know the meaning that the rainbow 7 chose to take, despite the words inside the collar.
Well, maybe the words should not have been hidden but put on display open to view and instead have done away with what most recognise as the gay pride rainbow.

Not suggesting that at all, mate.

To follow your example, if someone wore a T-shirt with a Nazi swastika on it to game at Brookvale Oval (even though it's more likely to happen at a soccer game), I would not be surprised if that person was set upon by others at the game. That person should be punched in the head, repeatedly and vigorously. But if someone wore a T-shirt with a rainbow on it to the same game, I would hope the crowd around them would, at best, not give it a second thought, or, at worst, treat them with tolerance and respect.

Not even close to what I was talking about ....

Do we really think that wearing a rainbow jersey is going to make an ounce of difference to anyone?

Surely, if they must, there are other ways they could promote this cause without involving any players, officials or staff.

Manly, right or wrong , needs to let it go and move on by focusing on football rather than other peoples agendas.

But if you look vewwy vewwy carefully, it wasn’t actually a flag.
It was the colours of the rainbow which is also used to describe the various races.
But we do know the meaning that the rainbow 7 chose to take, despite the words inside the collar.
Budgie, I appreciate that. However, afaik, the rainbow has become more identifiable as a symbol of the LGBTQ community than as a symbol of the various races. Inclusivity & diversity symbols in rainbow colours are more like the ones in this link: inclusivity & diversity symbols - Google Search

IMO, this is an issue which needs to be resolved with common sense, otherwise, it could damage our club irreparably. Surely, the RLPA with DCE as President, can dialogue with the NRL to facilitate some type of compromise?

Many supporters of other clubs loved digging the boot into Manly over the jersey saga. If Penrith tried to enforce the jersey on their similarly religious Pacific Island players, there may be have been a boycott & probably some Manly supporters would have delighted in that situation. However, I think Penrith is too well run (premiers in four grades in 2022!) to allow such a situation to arise.

Apart from the ten players who didn't wish to wear the jersey against the Roosters, many of our outstanding Pacific Island junior players (including Latu & Samuela Fainu) would likely take a similar stand. Thus, it would be best if a solution could be found before the start of 2023.

I know the jersey meant a lot to you & many other people. However, the overall outcome was far from satisfactory.

All I (we) want is a successful footy team. The whole club, adminstration, marketing, football department, players (& supporters), need to be onboard for this to happen.

Last edited:
Oh no the people around here that live miserable lives are back again making hateful remarks about josh. The bloke gave a reasonable and respectful reasoning and you still want to crucify him.

Some of you are in the same category as Corey Parker. It’s actually laughable at how soft some are around here. We wouldn’t be in this position if the clowns that run the asylum didn’t come out with an alphabet jersey.
Let’s get back to footy.
Aloiai is out there again being a peanut, and then you bring out the “let’s get back to the footy”. Accusing everyone of being miserable is pretty lame, but nothing unexpected from you. It’s a pain in the arse that we have a few players like Josh solely because he doesn’t he give two ****s about the footy and would happiky torpedo the club again. If I wanted drama like that i’d go watch the Kardashians.

I have no doubt that if he went back in time with the knowledge of the impact this would cause he’d do nothing differently. He didn’t even slightly acknowledge that it could’ve been handled better in the interview, then tried doubling down and twisting things to try make him look better. Then he was a dick to Parker who was at least respectful in what he said.

If he cares that much about rainbows than he shouldn’t be in the game. Both from the nrl’s perspective (aka josh shouldn’t publically be a bigot cause of fans/players) and also from his own. If he is genuinely such a devout christian im sure there’s many things that don’t align with fundamental religious beliefs in the nrl. I mean of course theres gambling for starters but many have gone into this so much I dont need to go on. It doesn’t matter for him because the game is inclusive and lets him believe what he wants, but Josh and 6 of his mates boycott their highly paid jobs in a key game to emphasise something so petty as not wanting to recognise “rainbow people”. Just wear the ****ing shirt, take your money and in your personal life carry on believing what you believe.

He wasn’t being asked to **** a guy on the field or hold hands with his friends. He took a small issue and was intent on making it a bigger one. Now he chooses to speak to the media knowing he will say nothing to help make it a smaller one.

Hopefully he goes on gardening leave again. One of the rare Tigers W’s by not forcing him to stick to his contract

Chuckee you are deadset the only person i’ve thought of blocking on silvertails but I might as well keep you around just to keep things interesting

Last edited by a moderator:
If footy didn't involve humans ... it might be possible to keep politics out of footy...?

But politics have always been in the game. Rugby league is such an enthralling sport - and such a magnetic TV product - that it has always been used to push various political and corporate messages.
Keep politics out of sport probably means (not necessarily for you, but in general) keep the same politics in sport that I'm used to and comfortable with, don't change to bring in XYZ other political or corporate messages I don't want to think about right now.

Fair point.
If that's the case then, let the governing body (NRL) deal with whatever political or corporate message it wants to send.

This jersey was clearly always going to be a controversial topic, so let's tackle it as a whole game, not leave 1 club hanging out to dry by themselves.

I get that some fans are happy that Manly are taking the lead here,and part of me is too, but I still think it's a big enough issue that a whole of game approach is required.

Th
Well, maybe the words should not have been hidden but put on display open to view and instead have done away with what most recognise as the gay pride rainbow.
That’s a design issue. They already had to fit the Gus Worland symbol on.
And I actually thought the design was really lovely.
Each to their own.

Can I ask a really dumb question ??

What does the club want / think they achieve by using this jersey.

Now , I’m not a homophobe , I have zero issues and believe people can choose to live any way they wish as long as I can do the same.

But , what goal do they have from doing this ( we assume it’ll happen again in 2023).

• 👍
Reactions: Ned

Now , I’m not a homophobe , I have zero issues and believe people can choose to live any way they wish as long as I can do the same.

But , what goal do they have from doing this ( we assume it’ll happen again in 2023).
CSR brownie points and sponsorship, and merchandise $. Anyone who tells you otherwise is full of sht

Penn making a noise for whatever he wants in the US market maybe?

Anyone who thinks that the rainbow is a universal symbol is dellusional. Maybe it once was. It has become the symbol for the LGBT+ community. Anywhere you search for LGBT the rainbow colours come up. Even Wikipedia states it so it must be true. My point is you cannot use it to represent inclusivity for all.

Caters very well to progressive types in the US.

I firmly believe this is where we are being led, in the long term

It’s a specific thread about one of our players who has spoken about his reason for not playing a game for our club.
Just as the Kieran Forum provided a comprehensive thread of what everyone had to say about his time at the club, so should this.
If you don’t want to read it …. I think you know what’s coming …. don’t!
Hey @Budgie Thanks for input and advice. Just expressing a view like anyone else. Plenty of similar threads have been transferred. At the end of day I am ambivalent either way :) just contributing as I see fit. .

Th

That’s a design issue. They already had to fit the Gus Worland symbol on.
And I actually thought the design was really lovely.
Each to their own.
I thought it was well implemented too.
Yes, it did look good.
But nevertheless, it was a gay pride symbol not an inclusiveness one (if one does indeed exist) and that was the problem. And on women's in league round too - bad timing!

Aloiai is out there again being a peanut, and then you bring out the “let’s get back to the footy”. Accusing everyone of being miserable is pretty lame, but nothing unexpected from you. It’s a pain in the arse that we have a few players like Josh solely because he doesn’t he give two ****s about the footy and would happiky torpedo the club again. If I wanted drama like that i’d go watch the Kardashians.

I have no doubt that if he went back in time with the knowledge of the impact this would cause he’d do nothing differently. He didn’t even slightly acknowledge that it could’ve been handled better in the interview, then tried doubling down and twisting things to try make him look better. Then he was a dick to Parker who was at least respectful in what he said.

If he cares that much about rainbows than he shouldn’t be in the game. Both from the nrl’s perspective (aka josh shouldn’t publically be a bigot cause of fans/players) and also from his own. If he is genuinely such a devout christian im sure there’s many things that don’t align with fundamental religious beliefs in the nrl. I mean of course theres gambling for starters but many have gone into this so much I dont need to go on. It doesn’t matter for him because the game is inclusive and lets him believe what he wants, but Josh and 6 of his mates boycott their highly paid jobs in a key game to emphasise something so petty as not wanting to recognise “rainbow people”. Just wear the ****ing shirt, take your money and in your personal life carry on believing what you believe.

He wasn’t being asked to **** a guy on the field or hold hands with his friends. He took a small issue and was intent on making it a bigger one. Now he chooses to speak to the media knowing he will say nothing to help make it a smaller one.

Hopefully he goes on gardening leave again. One of the rare Tigers W’s by not forcing him to stick to his contract

Chuckee you are deadset the only person i’ve thought of blocking on silvertails but I might as well keep you around just to keep things interesting
Funny how only the 3 stooges around will like your post hahah love their agenda against me. Another common chuckee W.

Block me, you really think I’m going to care that someone who doesn’t like hearing differing opinions will no longer see what I say on an Internet forum? You’re a joker hahahaha.

I’ve been fair in my assessment, like I said many times, I respect people for the humans they are. But you only want to pick and choose what people say and twist it.

Anyhoo I can’t wait to get back to the footy and respect all of our players. Like the good fans will continue to do.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10