Josh Aloiai re-signs until 2025

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just saw the Socceroos statement about implementing equality for all & decriminalising same sex marriages in Qatar on Twitter.

What a refreshing change to ignorant people hiding behind “religious beliefs” & “freedom of speech” & “don’t mix sport & politics” & “oh but the Hindu swastika”.

I just saw the Socceroos statement about implementing equality for all & decriminalising same sex marriages in Qatar on Twitter.

What a refreshing change to ignorant people hiding behind “religious beliefs” & “freedom of speech” & “don’t mix sport & politics” & “oh but the Hindu swastika”.
I still think that this statement along with other sports (i.e F1 drivers making statements against Saudi Arabia etc) is weak. Statements are only words and if FA wanted to make a stance on an issue then sit out the World Cup. But we all know why they won’t nor will other sporting figures.

Our club is in a bit of between a rock and a hard place as there will be pressure for them to go with another inclusiveness jersey and the same players will sit it out again which will stuff things up again.

Are there ways that might be a bit more acceptable i.e signage around the stadium, painting the cause on the grass instead of draping players with something they don’t want to wear?

I don’t know what the answer is at this point but all eyes on the club will be when the next pride jersey is planned to be used. The media will be frothing at the headlines and interviews, very sad.

I’m sorry you feel that way. Maybe I come across that way online but I can assure you those things are quite far from the truth. Definitely not full or myself nor pigheaded.

I only reply in that way to people who write dumb and disrespectful things. Some people around here are hate-filled just because I and many others disagree with the club wearing a rainbow jersey.

Shouldn’t this be a lesson to everyone that sports and politics don’t mix? We are all manly fans but divided by differing political views, which weren’t an issue for 75 years. See where I’m coming from?
Fair enough chuckee. While I thought it had a similar intent to indigenous round jerseys), the roll on effects certainly took a strong political turn which started a fire we no doubt would’ve faired better without

I trust that you are someone who knows not to read too much into what a random messages you with online, but even so I am sorry for calling you pigheaded. I just didn’t really know how else to respond at the time. I will add that wrote it knowing that in reality you’re more than likely a good person. Also cause we’re just chatting online that likely means that a) im misreading and b) im only remembering a select few of your comments and skewing my perception

I definitely respect and even partially agree with your view. I just didn’t like how the whole jersey thing felt like it was being dragged on / made more damaging than it needed to be.

I still think that this statement along with other sports (i.e F1 drivers making statements against Saudi Arabia etc) is weak. Statements are only words and if FA wanted to make a stance on an issue then sit out the World Cup. But we all know why they won’t nor will other sporting figures.

Our club is in a bit of between a rock and a hard place as there will be pressure for them to go with another inclusiveness jersey and the same players will sit it out again which will stuff things up again.

Are there ways that might be a bit more acceptable i.e signage around the stadium, painting the cause on the grass instead of draping players with something they don’t want to wear?

I don’t know what the answer is at this point but all eyes on the club will be when the next pride jersey is planned to be used. The media will be frothing at the headlines and interviews, very sad.
I both agree & disagree - yes, FIFA should never have allowed Qatar to bid for hosting the WC until reforms were implemented & maintained.

However, late is better than never & the Socceroos statement made sure to point out they were talking about changes put in place & maintained well after the WC is over.

This is an issue (problem for some) that won't go away & is gaining momentum - look at what's going on in Iran for example.

This issue is no longer an MWSE issue. It's also well beyond an issue that the NRL can deal with singlehandedly. I believe the problem can only be dealt with appropriately through changes in legislation at both State and Federal Government levels.

In NSW, potential changes to the Anti-Discrimination Act, similar to the Discrimination Amendment Bill in the ACT, would allow players, clubs, and other interested stakeholders to have their say on any proposed reforms. Any changes would promote equal opportunity, respect for diversity, and social inclusion in the community, including recreational and professional sports. Once legislated, all parties would be bound to adhere to any changes in the legislation.

In the ACT, the Bill makes amendments to:

1. Expand the coverage of the Discrimination Act to more areas of public life,
2. Refine exceptions to unlawful discrimination, and
3. Introduce a positive duty to eliminate discrimination.

Fair enough chuckee. While I thought it had a similar intent to indigenous round jerseys), the roll on effects certainly took a strong political turn which started a fire we no doubt would’ve faired better without

I trust that you are someone who knows not to read too much into what a random messages you with online, but even so I am sorry for calling you pigheaded. I just didn’t really know how else to respond at the time. I will add that wrote it knowing that in reality you’re more than likely a good person. Also cause we’re just chatting online that likely means that a) im misreading and b) im only remembering a select few of your comments and skewing my perception

I definitely respect and even partially agree with your view. I just didn’t like how the whole jersey thing felt like it was being dragged on / made more damaging than it needed to be.
Mutual respect mate. I’m glad we both understand that comments can sound different when reading them online, and not taking them to heart.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and beliefs whatever it may be.

Not entirely sure why Josh and his acolytes allow themselves to play on a Saturday (and apparently Will Hoppa got it wrong), Boycott a jumper? If they're even vaguely serious, they should never play on a Saturday.
Or can they pick and choose according to their prejudices and financial needs?

Exodus 20:8-11, The Fourth Commandment​

By Roy B. Blizzard
[8] "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. [9] Six days you shall labor and do all your work, [10] but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. [11] For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Comments:

The first thing that needs to be understood about this particular commandment is that the Sabbath is Saturday.
Hey budgie … I thought the sabbath was a Sunday. My old man was very religious and wouldn’t let us work on sundays. Which was a bit of a bugger since Sunday was the best penalty rates. Anyway The 10 commandments said keep holy the sabbath… that’s why we had to go to church on Sunday… not Saturday!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8