Josh Aloiai re-signs until 2025

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lucky that Vietnam and Iraq were minor skirmishes then
I was going to point out that there hasn't been a year without some war since 1816 but thought I'd go for the most recent - i.e the Russian attack on Ukraine did not stop for the 2022 Winter Olympics.
I now realise that he's speaking exclusively about war in the Olympic Stadium (even 1972 doesn't quite qualify) so I raise my arms in surrender 🤣🤣

Are you guys tripping? Or clutching at straws? This is magnificent fiction!
I was a mod on this site for 10 years yet here you are arguing freely, sheesh I wonder how I forgot to ban everypone and crush free speech?

Oh yeah now I remember I actually argue consistently for open discussion of controversial topics.

Consistently.

Others might even confirm that on occasion I'd argue against bans and editing posts, precisely because I believed (and still believe) that open honest discussion is the way forward.
Where you two come in is ... when I or others pipe up and say hang on I don't agree with X or Y or Z ... you leap in with your personal attacks and ridicule ... to bully and shut down the discussion!!!

You are the ones who want to stifle discussion. On every occasion! Woodie and Pill - Hypocrites United!

On behalf of the oppressed masses ... thank you for allowing free speech on a football forum ...

I think the out going failed NZ PM is a Monster as well

First let us look at what a Monster does
A monster Destroys things and the fact is this Political Imposter Monster Destroyed the NZ economy and its peoples quality of life
It's looking like a change of Government according to the polls, hence, why Adhern has jumped early. She always looked good on the world stage but never really delivered at home for the average Kiwi battler. As regards Aloiai, he's entitled to his opinions, but, monster was such a bad choice words.

What a tragedy with that incident in the Munich Olympics . Totally innocent athletes caught up in some wider international turmoil . Credit to all of the countries that attended the Berlin Olympics , so blatantly a propaganda exercise by the Nazis and just enough credibility sporting wise to make it a worthwhile sporting event . Moscow was spoilt by petty politics , same with Los Angeles 4 years latter

Sport does promote peace and politics drives peace away from sport

Marketing is involved in every business promotion including the rainbow debacle
I will say it one last time

In any well run business marketing is a function with boundaries established by normal governance. Marketing should only do what is defined by the strategy - if the business fails to do that effectively then it is not marketing that is the only issue.

You look at a symptom but not the cause.

Also re politics in sport I love that you can not see your own hypocrisy.

In any well run business marketing is a function with boundaries established by normal governance. Marketing should only do what is defined by the strategy - if the business fails to do that effectively then it is not marketing that is the only issue.

Just as a matter of interest what is your [ and you seem to have some good level of business related knowledge ] view on which entity should have the main say or influence in a company's or business 's direction or policy , in particular to social matters . Mainly referring to bigger or medium sized organizations here So , the board and management or the shareholders . Just in regard to some contemporary issues such as climate change and the Voice

My understanding is this
Marketing assists a business with creating, implementing business marketing strategies
and so they do play a significant role

I only see unity in sport and we all have seen the division and disharmony when our Club politically prostituted our Indiscriminative Legendary Manly jersey

It's looking like a change of Government according to the polls, hence, why Adhern has jumped early. She always looked good on the world stage but never really delivered at home for the average Kiwi battler. As regards Aloiai, he's entitled to his opinions, but, monster was such a bad choice words.
The Monster name perspective ...

When you compare calling some one
A Fcn .. .unt
A fcn ... hore
A Fcn...tch
AFcn ...lut
Monster seems mild to me

To put things in another perspective
The footy players are no match for the politicians
The behaviour and the name calling that politicians call each other in parliament is worse than out of control school children

My understanding is this
Marketing assists a business with creating, implementing business marketing strategies
and so they do play a significant role

I only see unity in sport and we all have seen the division and disharmony when our Club politically prostituted our Indiscriminative Legendary Manly jersey
Then it is confirmed you have no idea

Then it is confirmed you have no idea
I don’t think @BOZO is that far off the mark. it really depends upon the maturity level of the business and the subsequent marketing team. Organisations with higher levels of maturity will work with clear demarcations as you point out. Organisations with lower levels of maturity will be a dogs breakfast. No points for guessing where the footy clubs sits in relation to it’s maturity. In most of my experience Marketing departments normally dominate over other back of house departments… for what it’s worth the issue was administrative leadership or lack of it imo. The individual departments need to be harmonised:)

I still think Aloiai is a goose! Do I believe in his right to say stupid things? Sure. Do I like him calling someone that showed extraordinary compassion and grace after the horrendous shooting in NZ, a monster?
I noted you like to pull me up on some of my more pointed posts. I actually have never minded btw, :) I always have respected your approach…
I agree Josh is a goose. I agree that Jacinta handled the horrendous shootings better than most leaders would have… but seriously being a politician is a thankless task and not everyone is going prioritise a leaders tenure the same way you do. I trust you will agree? This is never universal. Look at Gough Whitlam you get completely polarising assessments of his tenure. There is no universal truth with this kind of thing. One way in which we exercise our democracy is by our ability to criticise and I mean harshly criticise our leaders…. Tony Abbott rightly or wrongly has been called a lot worse by many in public influencing positions….
I think Josh should be free to say what he wants (express criticism) in context to her or any leader’s performance. It should make no difference whether he is a Manly player or not. I find labor unions lobby very hard to allow workers to separate their identity from the work place and this is a left movement. At the end of day like all of us you are entitled to your opinion. I hope do not mind my comments too much :)

I don’t think @BOZO is that far off the mark. it really depends upon the maturity level of the business and the subsequent marketing team. Organisations with higher levels of maturity will work with clear demarcations as you point out. Organisations with lower levels of maturity will be a dogs breakfast. No points for guessing where the footy clubs sits in relation to it’s maturity. In most of my experience Marketing departments normally dominate over other back of house departments… for what it’s worth the issue was administrative leadership or lack of it imo. The individual departments need to be harmonised:)
Exactly my point

The club was (and might still be) a mess and the marketing was an example of it

Marketing is really a business discipline (others include accounting, HR, logistics, PR, Communications, etc); if you've received a wholistic (tertiary) Marketing education you're in a good position and well-qualified to be actually deciding what the business strategy of your organization will be.

Marketing is often confused with advertising. Advertising is a specific channel strategy (or tool) which may be used by Marketing in a given situation.Direct sales is an example of another channel strategy or too to reach your goals. Promotion of product or service can be done in many ways, dependent upon B2C (business to consumer) or B2B (business to business) markets.

MWDRLFC / the Penn conglomerate is a B2C-directed organization; operating under the guidelines of the NRL. The NRL is promoting itself / positioning itself versus other competitors in the Australian winter sports segment (i.e. AFL, Rugby Union, etc). Manly, on the other hand, are competing for a sub-segment: the Rugby League fan/potential fan. To appeal to these fans / potential fans, you must be at least these three things:

1. New
2. Unique
3. Differentiated

The above (NUD) rings true if you launch any product or service. Those in marketing at Manly are well aware of thinking of Manly as a 'product', and all that goes with it.

The Dolphins are the only club that can believably claim to be 'new'.

Everybody else is working out how they can be 'Unique' and 'Differentiated'. Winning a lot more than everybody else will do that for you. If you're not, you work on other things. The Pride Jersey looks suspiciously like Exhibit A in an attempt to be 'Unique' and 'Differentiated' as a Rugby League Club.

No doubt publicity for the club was a big part of the aim in this. That was certainly achieved, but just not the kind that they had planned.

I noted you like to pull me up on some of my more pointed posts. I actually have never minded btw, :) I always have respected your approach…
I agree Josh is a goose. I agree that Jacinta handled the horrendous shootings better than most leaders would have… but seriously being a politician is a thankless task and not everyone is going prioritise a leaders tenure the same way you do. I trust you will agree? This is never universal. Look at Gough Whitlam you get completely polarising assessments of his tenure. There is no universal truth with this kind of thing. One way in which we exercise our democracy is by our ability to criticise and I mean harshly criticise our leaders…. Tony Abbott rightly or wrongly has been called a lot worse by many in public influencing positions….
I think Josh should be free to say what he wants (express criticism) in context to her or any leader’s performance. It should make no difference whether he is a Manly player or not. I find labor unions lobby very hard to allow workers to separate their identity from the work place and this is a left movement. At the end of day like all of us you are entitled to your opinion. I hope do not mind my comments too much :)
I don't mind comments from anyone. I just draw the line at some of the ...... "banter". We (and other ST contributers) clearly have a different perspective on the World and that's not a bad thing. In fact, it's essential. However, when it becomes snarky (I just like that word) then I can't be bothered.

Anyway, I could really give 2 hoots about JA. But he does play for a footy team in which I have a lifetime of investment (which in itself is illogical coz its just footy) and so when he (or any player) says or does something I find irritating, it is amplified.

And I met Gough on the steps of old Parliament House when I was kid back in 73. And being a westie houso in his electorate, I was pretty chuffed. Irrelavant but just wanted to throw it in.

I don't mind comments from anyone. I just draw the line at some of the ...... "banter". We (and other ST contributers) clearly have a different perspective on the World and that's not a bad thing. In fact, it's essential. However, when it becomes snarky (I just like that word) then I can't be bothered.

Anyway, I could really give 2 hoots about JA. But he does play for a footy team in which I have a lifetime of investment (which in itself is illogical coz its just footy) and so when he (or any player) says or does something I find irritating, it is amplified.

And I met Gough on the steps of old Parliament House when I was kid back in 73. And being a westie houso in his electorate, I was pretty chuffed. Irrelavant but just wanted to throw it in.
Cheers, Yeah, the banter or the extreme banter you are referring too usually comes from the dynamics of the two people interacting.. some personalities don’t mix very well I guess. I agree the forum certainly can be a good place to amplify how you feel about something related to the team. As for someone who lived in Whitlam’s electorate in the day as a child it must have been interesting to say the least being a proud Manly supporter? :)

Cheers, Yeah, the banter or the extreme banter you are referring too usually comes from the dynamics of the two people interacting.. some personalities don’t mix very well I guess. I agree the forum certainly can be a good place to amplify how you feel about something related to the team. As for someone who lived in Whitlam’s electorate in the day as a child it must have been interesting to say the least being a proud Manly supporter? :)
I remember running out on my little porch outside the front door and yelling Go Manly when we won our 1st Premiership. Response? Crickets.

Oh .... and I now live in a blue ribbon Liberal seat in the upper North Shore. Still crickets.
Good to know. As a kid growing up in the 80’s I lived for a time not too far from you. At that time the team you supported as a kid was a significant part of your indentity in the playground. Being a seaeagles fan amongst the hordes of parramatta and bulldogs supporters was somewhat different to your experience… :)

Good to know. As a kid growing up in the 80’s I lived for a time not too far from you. At that time the team you supported as a kid was a significant part of your indentity in the playground. Being a seaeagles fan amongst the hordes of parramatta and bulldogs supporters was somewhat different to your experience… :)
By the late 70s, early 80s, the identity in the "playground" was dictated by the bands I would see. @:)Being a Sea Eagle fan is a constant.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4