Josh Curran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The suspicious thing about the Dog's signings for me isn't so much the squad they are putting together but the fact that they have surely had to pay overs to lure them from their other clubs.

There's no way Stephen Crichton, for example, would go to the Dogs from the Panthers unless it was a $300k+ pay increase. In his shoes I wouldn't leave all my mates and the chance of retiring as an absolute legend of the game unless the money was literally too good to refuse.

The suspicious thing about the Dog's signings for me isn't so much the squad they are putting together but the fact that they have surely had to pay overs to lure them from their other clubs.

There's no way Stephen Crichton, for example, would go to the Dogs from the Panthers unless it was a $300k+ pay increase. In his shoes I wouldn't leave all my mates and the chance of retiring as an absolute legend of the game unless the money was literally too good to refuse.
100% facts - yet crickets

Was he lured away or were the panthers unable to fit him in?

Was he lured away or were the panthers unable to fit him in?
Surely the former. If he was just testing the market because he can't fit under their cap, there must have been 4-5 clubs absolutely falling over themselves to sign him.

Surely the former. If he was just testing the market because he can't fit under their cap, there must have been 4-5 clubs absolutely falling over themselves to sign him.
It could be both. Panthers needed him to take a 100k haircut and Dogs were willing to pay 150k more and the possibility of playing fullback. The lure of starting fullback cannot be under estimated, it's the second highest paid position. If he kills it he dramatically increases his earning potential for the next 10-13ish years.

It could be both. Panthers needed him to take a 100k haircut and Dogs were willing to pay 150k more and the possibility of playing fullback. The lure of starting fullback cannot be under estimated, it's the second highest paid position. If he kills it he dramatically increases his earning potential for the next 10-13ish years.
Agreed but surely that number is more than $150k. I'd be thinking $200k minimum.

Then the obvious question is how much would the Tigers, Titans, Dolphins etc have been throwing at him? Add that to all the other players they've signed and you start to wonder how they could possibly have so much space in their cap to be this active in the higher end of the player market.

Agreed but surely that number is more than $150k. I'd be thinking $200k minimum.

Then the obvious question is how much would the Tigers, Titans, Dolphins etc have been throwing at him? Add that to all the other players they've signed and you start to wonder how they could possibly have so much space in their cap to be this active in the higher end of the player market.
Tigers have Bula, Titans have Brimson/Campbell and Phins have HTF. Dogs have Hayze Perham. Who do you reckon needs a fullback more?

Side note, Dogs got Luke Thompson off their books this year. That's 800k they have to spend.

Tigers have Bula, Titans have Brimson/Campbell and Phins have HTF. Dogs have Hayze Perham. Who do you reckon needs a fullback more?

Side note, Dogs got Luke Thompson off their books this year. That's 800k they have to spend.
I name those three as shorthand for "S**t clubs looking for a marquee signing", Not specifically clubs looking for a fullback.

There seems to be a fair bit of love for Josh Curran on here. As a fan base, are we desperately for a decent signing or two this off season?

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8