Josh Starling

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So then who plays prop this week? Lussick has not been as good as hoped, myles is myles, afb cannot play big minutes and vave can't do it all on his own.
If Vave is our best performer we know our forward pack is so off the mark/pace it is not funny.

I doubt Vave has any missed tackles because he does not get near enough to fall off a tackle at times.

If Vave is our best performer we know our forward pack is so off the mark/pace it is not funny.

I doubt Vave has any missed tackles because he does not get near enough to fall off a tackle at times.
Best in attack, poor in defense. Its not much of a competition though.

Starling is absolute garbage, warming AFB's bench spot. Will be punted, as he couldn't make metres, even if his life depended on it.

Starling was a decently rated Souths reserve grader. He has had a fair career considering the state of the game and his body shape and power. Don't bag him. Wish him well. He played some bloody good games for us. Compare his value to the club and price tag against lussick and I think you will get the picture.

He was probably a few years too early if this interchange goes to six. He would revel as a small prop in that era. And he would have done a lot better when you were alowed to snot a duckhead like BJ Leilua. That prick gave me the ****s all game yesterday because he carried on like a tough man in an age of fakers. Wouldn't have half the confidence he plays with if he could be smacked in the head like he deserves.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...rested-by-police/story-fn2mcuj6-1226369633989

So then who plays prop this week? Lussick has not been as good as hoped, myles is myles, afb cannot play big minutes and vave can't do it all on his own.
Is Lawrence injured? I would be inclined to start him with Fonua-Blake. Relegate Myles and Lussick to NSW Cup. Truth of the matter is that neither of the 2 latter have ever been good at club level. No impact and ineffective.

Starling in a winning team and people laud him as a no nonsense worker

Starling in a losing team and he is a plodder and needs to go

The truth is He is a solid bench prop who can be relied on to do his job but will not break the game open

I know people deal by looking for the golden bullet IE drop fringe player x and all of a sudden we will win 10 straight....but our problems are more than an individual atm

Last edited:
It has been said above, but we can't "throw the baby out with the water". Starling is not the best prop but has a go. Watching him live, he adds a bit of control to our defensive line, he knows the drills and gets to his spot. Until we have four better front rowers, there is no point death riding this guy.
Lussick's heralded return has been disappointing. I am keen on AFB given a fair shot at a spot, he has something to offer, but sometimes easily contained. Lawrence started the season with some hitups which disappeared after a few games. Myles is Myles, well documented.
Summing up, I reckon Starling stands up for his teammates and lets get rid of him when there are four better and dedicated props.

Wow the resident expert bagging Vave again.What a shock!! He is an IMPACT bench player and that's what they are there for ,to provide IMPACT. And at the moment he does that in spades. Footy forward packs and bench aren't made up of ten guys who hit hard in defence,never miss a tackle,break the line regularly and offload ffs.

But lets add it to the conviction list shall we; just in case anyone has forgotten:

JT is hopeless
Kieran tried really really hard in late 2014 and 2015
Vave is terrible and should be offloaded

Can"t possibly argue with any of that.There we go everyone.Vave officially cannot play.

Last edited:
This would be a good start to fixing our forwards problem

Sironen on way out?

Curtis Sironen is on the outer at Wests Tigers, who are unlikely to stand in his way should he want a fresh start elsewhere. The son of legendary Tiger Paul Sironen earned a call up to the City Origin side again this season, but is languishing in reserve grade. Given he is on good money – and the Tigers are jammed for salary cap space next year – he could be on the move before June 30 if another club is keen.

Then we just need to fix our backs problem, 5/8th problem, coaching problem, administration problem and culture problem and we might make the 8!!
True agree 100%.

I know a good day surgery, assuming further probing is necessary.

With friends like you Tezza, who needs enemas? :confused:

No, wait up.......

With friends like you Tezza, who needs to find out where to get an enema?

No. That still doesn't sound right. o_O

Further probing won't be necessary.

I wonder if I should just clarify that for the sake of humour, I sometimes/nearly always tell pork pies. Some people on here must be degenerates to believe such things. I need to change my signature back to.....

WARNING : I MAKE STUFF UP!

@:D

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4