Josh Starling

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I will admitt that Starling is good in defence which is very important ! And at times, he does get those legs pumping and makes meters carrying 2-3 people ! But we do not see this enough ! He would be more effective if we had 2 stand out props ! But we dont ! But in saying that you can not afford to have ineffective props ! Its like having an ineffective 6 or 7 ! You just can afford it ! You need guys to bend the line 7/10 times even if they are your bench or even reserve grade props !

I wonder if I should just clarify that for the sake of humour, I sometimes/nearly always tell pork pies. Some people on here must be degenerates to believe such things. I need to change my signature back to.....

WARNING : I MAKE STUFF UP!

@:D

If the Daily Telegraph doesn't include that disclaimer on their articles I don't see why you should.

I will admitt that Starling is good in defence which is very important ! And at times, he does get those legs pumping and makes meters carrying 2-3 people ! But we do not see this enough ! He would be more effective if we had 2 stand out props ! But we dont ! But in saying that you can not afford to have ineffective props ! Its like having an ineffective 6 or 7 ! You just can afford it ! You need guys to bend the line 7/10 times even if they are your bench or even reserve grade props !

What do u mean? He never gets his legs pumping and is always making 6 metres a run just like myles. His defence is also average, not good like J turbo but not **** like lussick. Was meant to go 2 seasons a go

What do u mean? He never gets his legs pumping and is always making 6 metres a run just like myles. His defence is also average, not good like J turbo but not **** like lussick. Was meant to go 2 seasons a go

Only when he plays Souths he makes me meters lol

plays like the best prop in the NRL when on fire. But that's only ever happened on 4 or 5 occasions. No size on his frame, far too slow, extremely poor going forward. Flick him

He once chased down Jake Mamo and won us the game with that tackle at Brookie. Larwence and himself have really exceeded all our expectations when both given starting spots to finish equal 1st with the chooks. But yeah i agree that he needs to be moved on. Good luck to him in his next chapter

He gave me a greasy at Dee why Grand in the offseason just for smiling at him coz I was wearing my Manly training shorts! Didn't like him anyway but that crossed the line! Haha

I'm a bit older but still like to learn. Whats a greasy ?
My guess is a dirty look ?

Paul Vaughan was dropped for the Canberra game.

He and Shannon Boyd would be decent buys, for not a huge sum.
We were after Paul Vaughn very early on in the Toovey era. But we didn't have enough cap space. Gifty and choc prob had it all from the Des days.

Bozo had money to play with.

if our current roster was coached by BELLAMY i believe we would be in the ganratee you its in the top 8. why doesnt melboune fall to bottom of the ladder given all thier loss of players and injury? because they f**kn fear him. TB is a softc**k and that reflect in the field.

I think the problem for Starling is he is playing in a struggling side. Put him in a Manly side of 2006-13 vintage, and see how much more effective he could be. Think of him as a Bryant or Mauro-type of player.

Interesting you should say that. I seem to recall someone named Starling was one of our starting props in 2013 when Manly last made the GF.

IIRC it was only 12 months ago that people here were going on about him and BJ missing with injury as one reason for our pack being regarded as 'pop gun' quality in 2015.

Some seem to forget that.

Players from opposition teams must have a laugh and giggle when they see Manly name Starling and Leary & Lewis Brown on our team list .Then get on the field and see Myles and Lussick : they must think all their Christmas's have come at once.

Interesting you should say that. I seem to recall someone named Starling was one of our starting props in 2013 when Manly last made the GF.

IIRC it was only 12 months ago that people here were going on about him and BJ missing with injury as one reason for our pack being regarded as 'pop gun' quality in 2015.

Some seem to forget that.
Well your recollection is awry. He joined Manly-Warringah at the start of 2014.

Some seem to forget that.;)

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6