JUDICIARY CHARGES

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Do not go gentle into that good night!!!!

If the replays show first contact wasn't the ol noggin, fight I say!

Manly spirit!!!!

Matai's was nothing and certainly not grade 2. They have to fight it. Bull**** charge because it's Matai. Anyone else would be nothing.

driftout said:
Ceagle said:
If Lyon is going to be out we should probably challenge it no doubt

Just ask Nick Politis . Failing that maybe the "Anzac" defence used by Ricky Stuart for Luke Ricketson . Or what about the "it's not his go" defence . Or how about the"everybody hates Michael Ennis and Perret plays for the same team as him" defence .

I think he should argue that he tackled Perret quickly because he thought he was a Roosters player invading the field and he was concerned that Perret could hurt the players on the field due to being drunk from Roosters Mad Monday celebrations.

They're lucky Inu didn't cop the same treatment if you ask me.

Agreed...that was an outrageous decision. There's always an agenda when it comes to the Match Review Committee and the judiciary. Just one of the many amateurish aspects of the NRL .

My guess is that the charges were graded as such so the powers at be can be seen by all to be doing something but without rubbing a drawcard from a potential GF.

IE: Ok Steve, you can miss one, but we wont do 2 to you, if you plead guilty.

Manly should fight the charge if indeed first contact was with ferrets arm and almost 'call the nrl's bluff' by saying nope, you got it wrong, we wont be scared into taking an early plea just to placate news ltd and others.

(what could possibly go wrong.)

It's slightly unusual for a player to complain about a tackle after a match as well...I'm sure he was under instructions from you know who to throw a bit of alcohol on the fire because he knows that Manly are still a major threat.

driftout said:
Ceagle said:
If Lyon is going to be out we should probably challenge it no doubt

Just ask Nick Politis . Failing that maybe the "Anzac" defence used by Ricky Stuart for Luke Ricketson . Or what about the "it's not his go" defence . Or how about the"everybody hates Michael Ennis and Perret plays for the same team as him" defence .

I'd try the Chewbacca defence.

Should challenge it & use the Jeremy Smith "penalty sufficient" tackle as evidence.

Smith came over the top and hit a player that was not stepping or running.

Compare Perrit who was running fast & suddenly stepped in a different direction. It's not even clear that Matai's first contact was to the head nor with with use of his arm & clenched fist.

Matai had far less time & choice than Smith.

"Trial by media is a phrase popular in the late 20th century and early 21st century to describe the impact of television and newspaper coverage on a person's reputation by creating a widespread perception of guilt or innocence before, or after, a verdict in a court of law."

This should be the arguement highlighting Sterling and the Telecrap just to name two.
Gotta fight it.

Grade 2 is a joke. If he gets it downgraded would he be free to play?

I'd fight it. Good chance he will get off. Every other prick does!

I'd fight it. There is a case I think and plenty of other evidence of similar or worse tackled being allowed to go.

Just saw that Sharks tackle on Croker that gave him a broken jaw. Copped a knee to the head. Now it was a complete accident BUT if it was 2m up field and Croker was trying to score a try the Sharks player would have been suspended for weeks. Shows how inconsistent the NRL rules are on these situations.

I wasn't aware that you could lead with your knee. The Sharks players got really grubby when all was lost. Smith and that ex-Tiger grub were the worst.

Just watched the Matai hit several times and the first contact was definately top of the ball/ shoulders of Perrett. Must fight the charge IMO.

What about the Jeremy Smith leg pull on Dugan?

Dead set there were incidents in the other 3 games that have just disappeared off the radar.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6