Kaeo Weekes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Weekes' failure to cement a first-grade spot was a disappointment for me this year.

That probably comes down to not only his form but also my high expectations. I genuinely thought he would be a mainstay in the 17 and would be a starter in the backline when there was an injury.

Hoping he can do that in 2024.
Agreed… needs to work on strengthening imo… his inability to bust tackles or push off defenders (ala Reece Walsh) limited his impact in the first grade squad…

Thought his positional play was pretty good at FB but not super confident under the high ball and his defence got a pass but not outstanding…

He is young and hopefully he has a great off-season and comes back stronger (literally) because this year he was a “meh” rather than the “wow” that I anticipated after watching him in lower grades…

Agreed… needs to work on strengthening imo… his inability to bust tackles or push off defenders (ala Reece Walsh) limited his impact in the first grade squad…

Thought his positional play was pretty good at FB but not super confident under the high ball and his defence got a pass but not outstanding…

He is young and hopefully he has a great off-season and comes back stronger (literally) because this year he was a “meh” rather than the “wow” that I anticipated after watching him in lower grades…
3-5kg each of the next two offseasons. Take his weight from low 90's to high 90's

Saab added a few kg of muscle last off season and his kick returns are much better.

SEA EAGLES GUN FLIES COOP

Manly’s rising star Kaeo Weekes could be on the move within weeks after it emerged that he had been given permission to explore his options on the open market.

Sport Confidential understands that the Sea Eagles reluctantly granted Weekes permission to talk to other clubs when it became clear he would struggle to crack a spot in first grade next year.

The fullback spot at Manly is locked up by Tom Trbojevic while the halves positions will be in the hands of Luke Brooks and Daly Cherry-Evans next year.

Is there any room in Manly’s backline for Weekes? Picture: Brendon Thorne/Getty Images

Is there any room in Manly’s backline for Weekes? Picture: Brendon Thorne/Getty Images
That left little room for Weekes to force his way into first grade and it is understood he is already on the radar of a handful of clubs.

Canberra are among the sides on the lookout for a five-eighth as they prepare for Jack Wighton’s departure at the end of the year to join South Sydney.

Weekes has history in the No.6 jersey. He represented the NSW Under 16 side at five-eighth in an outfit that also included Newcastle centre Bradman Best as well as Manly teammates Josh Schuster and Ben Trbojevic.

Ironically, his former Junior Blues teammate Schuster stopped him getting his hands on the No.6 jersey at the start of this year, before he was switched to the back row and Parramatta recruit Jake Arthur handed the start at five-eighth.

Weekes could fill the Wighton-sized hole at the Raiders. Picture: NRL Imagery

Coaches see more of em at training and behind the scenes. But can not believe we would let this kid look else where.
Raiders probably offered him a starting spot. Feel like he’s not even close to cracking a spot in our starting backline. Was hoping to see more of him this year. His few appearances have been underwhelming. That said I hope he sticks around.

This was reported not that long ago So who knows what is going on

The Manly Sea Eagles are reportedly in the midst of signing a versatile back to a new deal keeping him at the club for 2024 as his contract nears its expiry date.
His versatility in the backline has caught the attention of Manly, who, according to The Sydney Morning Herald, is poised to sign Weekes on a one-year contract extension which will see him remain as a backup player in 2024. Weekes is currently off-contract at the end of the season.

Coaches see more of em at training and behind the scenes. But can not believe we would let this kid look else where.
If they hadn’t re-signed him,he was free to explore his options anyway and if they did re-sign him for just 1 year,he would be back on the market come November 1.I didn’t take much notice of the Dogs carve up,but Koula is a better option as a back up fullback

Fifita, Tuitavake, Weekes, Fainu 1, Fainu 2. Who the HELL is making these decisions?

Better off releasing Woods, Condon, Boyle, Tuilagi, Johns, Talau, Roache, Harper and the other plonkers we are massing.

I was told he was about to sign a 12 month extension as well. Could also have something to do with the emergence of Clayton Faulalo who might take his too 30 spot next season.

MIxed feelings about this, but mainly disappointed.

He oozes talent but got trapped playing those last 2 matches in 2022 filling in with both Tom and Garrick out. In fact every time he started at fullback we lost.

A big possibility he will turn out like Gutho and haunt us for 10 years on the field, but i am sure he wont be as big a knob.

If it come down to a decision between Weekes and any of about 5 others I'd want Kaeo. The problem is those other 5 wouldnt get a start anywhere else but all probably have the right management to stay at Manly.

What is the news about Weekes? Earlier, I'd heard he had extended for a year. I doubt the Raiders would be chasing him as they already have Savage, another speedy young fullback who's yet to fulfill his potential.

What is the news about Weekes? Earlier, I'd heard he had extended for a year. I doubt the Raiders would be chasing him as they already have Savage, another speedy young fullback who's yet to fulfill his potential.
And Chevy Stewart at Fullback. Strange in the centres all in all the Raiders have some real talent coming through.

That said if they sign Weekes it will be for 5/8.

I'd like to keep Weekes for that one year extension snd assess but its tough as I'm not sure I see how he breaks through into the team.

Quite understandable to be looking at his options and Manly with their current recruiting preferences bringing in Brooks and Arthur in particular probably only adds to this outlook .
Not that encouraging with full back opportunities at present obviously also .
Harper apparently not being retained but then Talau bought in for centre cover and the emerging Falualo as another possible full back option going forward .
No sure thing that he would necessarily get more opportunity at another club , pay grade would unlikely to be much more appealing as well .
Maybe a club like the Titans but who is to say . Good to have him stay on in the general sense but looks like the club will not stand in his way if he opts to look elsewhere for opportunity ..

Vision and recognition of potential are great qualities but there are no guarantees of success and we are a society of "we want it now". Balancing a squad is difficult. If we can't keep him I wish him every success.

Quite understandable to be looking at his options and Manly with their current recruiting preferences bringing in Brooks and Arthur in particular probably only adds to this outlook .
Not that encouraging with full back opportunities at present obviously also .
Harper apparently not being retained but then Talau bought in for centre cover and the emerging Falualo as another possible full back option going forward .
No sure thing that he would necessarily get more opportunity at another club , pay grade would unlikely to be much more appealing as well .
Maybe a club like the Titans but who is to say . Good to have him stay on in the general sense but looks like the club will not stand in his way if he opts to look elsewhere for opportunity ..
His best option, imo, is to try to turn himself into a halfback. There are more opportunities at Manly in this position. DCE can't go on forever.
He has the skills and pace to be a halfback. Whether he has the 'motor', the grit and the defence I'm unsure about.

His best option, imo, is to try to turn himself into a halfback. There are more opportunities at Manly in this position. DCE can't go on forever.
He has the skills and pace to be a halfback. Whether he has the 'motor', the grit and the defence I'm unsure about.
Or even hooker.

He did well in the games he started on the bench at #14 - was good for the occasional scoot from dummy half & individual try.

Fifita, Tuitavake, Weekes, Fainu 1, Fainu 2. Who the HELL is making these decisions?

Better off releasing Woods, Condon, Boyle, Tuilagi, Johns, Talau, Roache, Harper and the other plonkers we are massing.

I was told he was about to sign a 12 month extension as well. Could also have something to do with the emergence of Clayton Faulalo who might take his too 30 spot next season.
My understanding is that Johns, Boyle and Harper are all going. Don't know about Roache and Woods. Condon, Tuilagi and Talau are all under contract so while the club may want them to go, they have to want to go.

However, agree it is a concern when we see Fifita => Fainu 2 in your list above go. While I do not have any insider knowledge, I know that part of Metrov's (or clubs) strategy is to have more of a northern beach's pathways feel. I think even Turbo mentioned it in his tribute to Jake. The U16 development team is a cracker and filled with Nth beaches boys. Would have loved for Fainu bros to stay but may have been hard when stuck with Tuilagi etc.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10