Kane Elgey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Foran is from St Ives I think so he isn't from the Northern Beaches. He also pledged his allegiance to New Zealand. In years gone by there were talks that he might go to Roosters because he is friends with Pearce or the Dogs because Hasler wanted him. He doesn't seem to be the guy that gets attached to anyone or anywhere.
Frenchs Forest actually

Foran is from St Ives I think so he isn't from the Northern Beaches. He also pledged his allegiance to New Zealand. In years gone by there were talks that he might go to Roosters because he is friends with Pearce or the Dogs because Hasler wanted him. He doesn't seem to be the guy that gets attached to anyone or anywhere.
He's a goddam man whore is what he is! @:p

Offer him 150 k 3 months ago.. He would probably sign
Or
Wait till he debuts, have to offer him min 250 k..

Looks like our management made another sound decision.

Assuming they are after him at all.. Which they should be.. As he presents much more value than the other options that seem to be out there..
WTF is going on manly? Are we just sitting on our hands?

Id say he has been told not to sign anywhere until he has played more games. If he was killing it in the 20s his value would go up.

He has made it clear he wants to stay at titans, but i guess if we offer a good pay day he may head to the norther beaches.

Not going to lie, the titans giving him a 1st grade spot this weekend doesnt work in our favour. In the off chance he signs with Manly, would like the titans to give him several 1st grade opportunities.

I guess the only thing is that with DCE sezer and mortimor all options it doesnt leave alot of room for elgey. (not that the titans would have any problem offloading sezer or mortimor)

Money talks as we have all found out recently. If our Management/coaching staff really wants Elgey then we should be the club in the best position to get him.

WHY we haven't already got him is a concern.

Money talks as we have all found out recently. If our Management/coaching staff really wants Elgey then we should be the club in the best position to get him.

WHY we haven't already got him is a concern.
Everyone says that, but with all the money that has passed through my hands in my life, I have never known any of it to be much of a conversationist

Everyone says that, but with all the money that has passed through my hands in my life, I have never known any of it to be much of a conversationist

You should call it 'al'.

cause then it'd be like....conversationalist...! ta dah...sorry, carry on.

Is there an official link of Manly after him or is he just someone the fans would love to have? Maybe the club isn't looking at him as they have other players in mind?

I know we are desperate to sign a half so we know that there are plans in place but with the way things have gone thus far i wouldn't be holding my breath lol.

You should call it 'al'.

cause then it'd be like....conversationalist...! ta dah...sorry, carry on.
funny story......Call me Al came on the radio in the car this evening, not long after I read this

Is there an official link of Manly after him or is he just someone the fans would love to have? Maybe the club isn't looking at him as they have other players in mind?
I know we are desperate to sign a half so we know that there are plans in place but with the way things have gone thus far i wouldn't be holding my breath lol.

Here is a story from DT a few weeks ago...

Sea Eagles to target rising Titans star if Daly Cherry-Evans agrees to Gold Coast switch

938034-bae3c50a-bf19-11e4-83e4-6c2c60814a51.jpg

Manly will target under-20s player of the year Kane Elgey if Daly Cherry-Evans joins the Titans. Source: Adam Head / News Corp Australia

THE Manly Sea Eagles intend to strike back at the Gold Coast should Daly Cherry-Evans join the Titans by targeting under 20s player of the year Kane Elgey.

The Gold Coast has tabled Cherry-Evans a $3 million three-year deal, with the Manly playmaker expected to announce his future any day.

But the Sea Eagles intend to retaliate at the Titans, attempting to poach the rookie halfback who won last year’s under 20s player of the year award despite the Gold Coast finishing second last.

938060-bae3c50a-bf19-11e4-83e4-6c2c60814a51.jpg

Manly will target under-20s player of the year Kane Elgey if Daly Cherry-Evans joins the Titans. Source: News Corp Australia

Manly remain adamant they are still fighting to retain star halves Cherry-Evans and Foran, but both appeared poised to leave at various stages of the past seven days.

While DCE is favoured to join Gold Coast since the NRL stepped in to take control of the club, Foran is the subject of a four-year $4.7 million offer from the Parramatta Eels.

Given the Sea Eagles travel to Pirtek Stadium next Friday night for their opening match of the season, it places the Kiwi five-eighth in an extremely delicate position.

Manly wanted an answer from both Cherry-Evans and Foran before the season started, but Foran appears certain to continue to deliberate over what is the most important decision of his career.

Ten days ago the Manly five-eighth attended a meeting with Sea Eagles Immortal Bob Fulton and teammates Brett Stewart and Steve Matai, with the no.6 leaving convinced he would remain on the northern peninsula.

The Sea Eagles then went out and played poorly against the Roosters in a trial in Gosford last weekend, forcing Foran to rethink his future.

While Cherry-Evans has been photographed attending meetings with the Gold Coast and Cronulla Sharks, turning his negotiations into a circus, Foran has chosen to try and fly as far under the radar as possible.
The Manly playmaker and local junior has refused to even entertain rival clubs offers until he was clear about where his future lay with the Sea Eagles.
Over the course of the past seven days, Foran appears to be inching closer towards joining the Eels.
Should Manly lose both halves, the club will be forced to target the likes of Elgey, James Maloney, Michael Morgan and Trent Hodkinson.

I think its good for the club that Kane is getting a run in 1st grade this week, if reports are true and we are trying to sign him then the club can sit back and see how he handles first grade. Morts looks like he will be out for a few weeks so the kids got a couple starts to try and push his claim for a contract.
I dont know why everyone is in such a rush for us to be signing anyone, the truth is we are rebuilding now and we need to be patient. We have alot of money in the bank and ive said it before, we have a good opportunity to manage our salary cap properly moving forward. There is noone on the market(halves) really worth spending ridiculous money on right now.

If we do this properly now we might have 1, maybe 2 lean years but after that we can build another dominate roster with a good mix of juniors and senior players for the next decade.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4