Kane Elgey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Haven't seen a young half as good as Elgy coming through since Aaron Groome

It's a valid point

However Groom was not as highly rated as Elgey (perhaps amongst Manly fans he was) and he never played first grade which is something Elgey will do this weekend

I personally do think we should sign Elgey alongside an experienced 5/8, as the established half options are fairly underwhelming

That said, if we do, fans need to realise that a) he is not a savoir, he is a work in progress b) its a gamble that may not work out and not to crucify him if he is not a DCE in his debut year

Look at Brooks, great talent but having a hard time so far this year

But lets take the punt

"We can keep everyone that we want to keep but we won't be overpaying for anyone," Eels boss Scott Seward told Fairfax Media earlier this month.

What drug is this dipstick taking? :wondering: :shake:
They have been paying overs for years and their latest purchases is a clear example of their infamous culture for paying overs. Nothing has changed.

It's a valid point

However Groom was not as highly rated as Elgey (perhaps amongst Manly fans he was) and he never played first grade which is something Elgey will do this weekend

I personally do think we should sign Elgey alongside an experienced 5/8, as the established half options are fairly underwhelming

That said, if we do, fans need to realise that a) he is not a savoir, he is a work in progress b) its a gamble that may not work out and not to crucify him if he is not a DCE in his debut year

Look at Brooks, great talent but having a hard time so far this year

But lets take the punt

Groom played 1st grade with the Dogs.

But agree with signing him. Be great if he works out and worth a gamble.

Seems to me like the Titans are going to buy a premiership so as to ensure they meet their 10 year plan. They will get all these kids to come across, introduce them to sports supplements by way of cocaine which they will smuggle in their bum holes to Sydney when they play here.

On a side note, what does everyone think of an Elgey and JLJ or Elgey and Norman halves combo. The Eels will need to free up cap space to keep Hoopa and Sandow.

It amuses me that the titans can say we will not be forced into a bidding war and pay overs for a player yet they paid $1.1mil for DCE. How ironic!!!!!!

On a side note. DCE is worth a million a year. Tits paid a bit over, but that mil a year in 2-3 years will look cheap as ****. On marketing and sponsorship alone he will pay his future salary and then some.

Marketers dream, pleasant speaker, affable, social grace and humility (on occasion).
He will take over Thurstons mantle eventually.

On a side note. DCE is worth a million a year. Tits paid a bit over, but that mil a year in 2-3 years will look cheap as ****.
In which case dce will activate his 2 year get out clause and renegotiate for more money. Or, he sucks and his value drops, he doesn't opt out and the titans are stuck paying him a motza.
No doubt, he's got himself a sweet deal from the tits.

In which case dce will activate his 2 year get out clause and renegotiate for more money. Or, he sucks and his value drops, he doesn't opt out and the titans are stuck paying him a motza.
No doubt, he's got himself a sweet deal from the tits.

Yes he has and your right he will exercise his clause. 2017 is when the new broadcast rights commence and the bucks go up again. Wonder how the schools are in Parramatta lol.

Elgey has played ok in his debut looks like he just doing as instructed most of the game all in all i don't think he would have pushed up his price much

I wasn't impressed with Egley at all, I didn't have high expectations considering his age and his debut, but he is very raw

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7