Kent is the biggest dribbler on TV.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rothtool is getting a hammering on Twitter. His breaking story is about the Johns brothers having a disagreement on TV.
NRL 360 might actually be worth watching Monday night. I think they’ll go with a straight up blanket ban on talking about it because it’s in the courts hands now. Going to be one hell of an Elephant in the room atmosphere at the very least.
It'll be good for their viewing figures though

You’re right. But I meant it as a question as to the circumstance, maybe it was a play date gone too far?

maybe it was the lass he was seen having an argument with on king st in newton a couple of years back.
It wasn’t the lady he was knocking off about 6 months ago

8E885B22-A6F4-444D-BA81-73FF190B92F5.jpeg

The response here is embarrassing, and if I'm honest infantile.

A couple of things.

Any officer is going to proceed with a complaint of domestic violence in this climate if they arrive at a residence and a complaint is made by a woman. Any complaint of a physical nature such as this. I will remind those of you who have forgotten but it should still be in your memory of the three children and their mother in Queensland and what happened when her reports of domestic abuse (though not physical, as in being 'choked out') weren't acted upon by the police in that state.

Choked out is not a term used for hands around the neck front on strangulation (deployed in some fetishism 'hence the term permission' but a technique involving briefly stopping oxygenated blood getting to/leaving the head by creating a v with one elbow using the other as a fulcrum and pushing the opponent/victims head froward from behind and blocking the arteries along the side of the neck. It is a Brazillian Jiu jitsu staple and taught as a de-escalating/disarming technique everywhere. Its a rear naked choke.

Anyone who trains even on the widest periphery of combat sports knows of and how to employ this technique.

Women can be very violent just like men. I would posit some quicker to use physical abuse when many men would never ever respond to a violent attack on them because they champion the protection of women's safety and abhor domestic violence.

What I'm trying to say hopefully not to clumsily, is quite often women (in a large number of cases smaller and weaker and less proficient in dealing violence) will attack domestic or romantic partners physically without the thought it concept of repercussion once forefront in the mind of one male or female considering such an action.

Society has come so far people like Sean Connery, an icon of masculinity celebrated by the media isn't saying things unchecked on said platform like:

'I don’t think there is anything particularly wrong about hitting a woman- although I don’t recommend doing it in the same way that you’d hit a man. An open-handed slap is justified if all other alternatives fail.” – Sean Connery, Playboy, 1965.

Which is to be celebrated and fortunately for many women they have never born witness to actual physical man on woman physical violence outside fictional narratives where it is employed by the 'bad guy' not someone they have trusted enough in this climate that a romantic contract has been entered into eliminating that scenario from the table in the very embryonic stages of courtship.

Paul Kent is also a well known television and media personality. Any chance an officer might want to be seen as going soft and open themself up to scrutiny? It's not even possible they'd be wearing bodycams at the time of the statement and there would more than likely be phone cameras recording too.

I understand that the disgust for violence against women is fuelling posts on this subject. You don't see the irony of posting not knowing all the evidence, on a very personal situation, when many see an apparent chance for retribution of a slight being corrected on behalf of a former player of the Manly club being so similar.

Please note all these circumstances and scenarios I raise are based on nothing I've read nothing on the matter other than what's posted here but we have a standard of innocent until proven guilty to maintain. It's one of the greatest pieces of governance/legislation ever enforced and is so blindingly similar to the Stanford delayed gratification test in children it's a wonder we as humans haven't destroyed it yet.

Go Manly Let's hope they pump the sharks and have a good afternoon all.

Yea along with numnuts who continuously make excuses for them. Don’t forget to vote.
Mostly a lure fisherman mate, but when I do use bait, usually when introducing newcomers to the pastime the gamakatsu octopus is my go to bait hook. Of course this is a circle hook and the very motion of actively 'hooking' the fish is counterproductive. They're not for bread and butter estuary species like whiting or bream unfortunately, though it can be taught, it's far simpler for youngsters and newcomers to use a long shank bait keeper style hook for these fish, seeing as prawns and yabbies are the prevailing offerings.

I don't think domestic violence is a good thing and I agree anyone who would make an excuse for it would be a 'numb nut'. You certainly wouldn't catch me doing a thing like that, not even on a chemically sharpened gamakatsu.

But alas, as I'm not omniscient, I'm using experience, education, imagination and perspective to caution some people who use this platform that I've built a peripheral camaraderie and respect over thirteen years with, to cool their jets on a legal issue that doesn't involve them. Especially when some of the baying for blood requests searches from this platform for the alleged victim's social media presence.

And thankyou for the reminder but no polls open in Arnhem Land today.

Enjoy your day.

Mostly a lure fisherman mate, but when I do use bait, usually when introducing newcomers to the pastime the gamakatsu octopus is my go to bait hook. Of course this is a circle hook and the very motion of actively 'hooking' the fish is counterproductive. They're not for bread and butter estuary species like whiting or bream unfortunately, though it can be taught, it's far simpler for youngsters and newcomers to use a long shank bait keeper style hook for these fish, seeing as prawns and yabbies are the prevailing offerings.

I don't think domestic violence is a good thing and I agree anyone who would make an excuse for it would be a 'numb nut'. You certainly wouldn't catch me doing a thing like that, not even on a chemically sharpened gamakatsu.

But alas, as I'm not omniscient, I'm using experience, education, imagination and perspective to caution some people who use this platform that I've built a peripheral camaraderie and respect over thirteen years with, to cool their jets on a legal issue that doesn't involve them. Especially when some of the baying for blood requests searches from this platform for the alleged victim's social media presence.

And thankyou for the reminder but no polls open in Arnhem Land today.

Enjoy your day.
Holy hell that’s one hell of a post. Straight out of uni??

Superstar Lawyer Chris Murphy's comment on this matter was gold.

"don't ring my office. Phones off the hook"

Minimal
Coverage of it in the media. Of course not in Daily ****tagraph. Can imagine if a high profile player it would be front page news whether guilty or not.

Holy hell that’s one hell of a post. Straight out of uni??
I'll take the 'straight out of uni???' as commentary complimentary of an articulate and erudite missive. Whilst there are many clear indicators in said post that my life experience outstrips those of the conventionally early to mid-twenty graduate full of vim and vigor but often lacking 'real world' credentials and a certain useful cynicism, I'll afford you this considering in almost every occupation, and most that have tertiary education as a prerequisite - continual education is part and parcel of the job so I could in fact be (and am, coincidentally for the purpose of this debate, very close to) technically 'straight out' of finishing further tertiary education.

But as far as being an idealistic youngster with little life experience recently released upon the world from a collegiate bubble, I am not.

Sadly.

Go Manly!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8