Keppie told to leave, replaced by Tigers Alex Twal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Looks like Gussy is trying to build two teams lol, He is the new Nick Politis mark 11
Gus is like a firebug, he likes to spread fires, in this case his theories on clubs intentions on certain players. Love the way Gus manipulates the media into folowing his leads on these stories. He's looking more and more like that wise old owl sitting in the tree watching everybody and everything.

Twal is the player we need for many reasons…
  • we have too many forwards that play in 20 minute stints and gas towards the end of their stints. The Twal signing is not a case of is Twal better than Keppie, it’s a case of is Twal a better fit for us than Keppie.
  • He can play 60 minutes in the front row and finish games without making a missed tackle. This frees up another interchange so Gordon can give Croker a spell and makes the more dynamic forwards dangerous.
  • the club know we need another worker. Jake can’t be the only toiler on the roster.
  • Twal has a good offload (people are assuming he doesn’t but he offloads all the time).
  • if you can have a strong season at a wooden spoon club, what can you produce at a club with a superior roster? I’d suggest plenty.

He’d be a great signing!

• we have too many forwards that play in 20 minute stints and gas towards the end of their stints. The Twal signing is not a case of is Twal better than Keppie, it’s a case of is Twal a better fit for us than Keppie.
  • He can play 60 minutes in the front row and finish games without making a missed tackle. This frees up another interchange so Gordon can give Croker a spell and makes the more dynamic forwards dangerous.
  • the club know we need another worker. Jake can’t be the only toiler on the roster.
  • Twal has a good offload (people are assuming he doesn’t but he offloads all the time).
  • if you can have a strong season at a wooden spoon club, what can you produce at a club with a superior roster? I’d suggest plenty.

He’d be a great signing!
Good points but seems to have gone a bit quite on any possible Keppie move which would probably be contingent on trying to bring in someone like Twal .
Doubt that Keppie would be on serious money but maybe Manly would still baulk a bit in providing any freight for him .
Really have not seen a lot of Twal over time and just mainly had the impression that he was regarded more in the plodder but useful category but also have taken note of more of the favorable references to him in recent times .
Still would have to suggest that Paseka, Bully and Sipps would have more overall impact and benefit then a player like Twal and of course Jake and Lodge would obviously have to be preferable at their best up front . .
A Keppie tradeoff for Twal on indications not a bad arrangement ., things are maybe happening behind the scenes to enable that and also not to discount that Twal could well be picked up by another club in the interim .
Definitely also think that the time has come for Gordy to be a regular inclusion in the game day squad to work in combination with Froggy

He’d be a great signing!

Yep, great post.

The only point I'd make is that I do believe that Twal is a better player than Keppie.

Last year Twal played 22 games to Keppies 20.

Twal had 14 missed tackles, 5 errors and 8 penalties to Keppies 49 missed tackles, 9 errors and 9 penalties.

So he is significantly more reliable.

But despite everyone constantly muttering 'defence wins premierships', defence is so often overlooked. Everyone wants the highlight reel players, the offensive impact.

Well Twal had 29 tackle busts and 13 offloads to Keppies 22 tackle busts and 5 offloads....though admittedly Keppie had 1 line break to Twals 0.

But we dont need bench props to be sparking our attack, especially not in a team boasting strike everywhere in Turbo, Koula, Garrick, Saab, DCE, Brooks, Olakau'atu, Schuster, Paseka and hell even Burbo.

We need a nut trucker some will say, someone who can bend the line.

Well Keppie averages 8.57 metres per run to Twals 8.43m......point 0.14 difference. For reference, Lodge who many love for his impact, averages 8.18m per run.

But upside, potential.....Keppie is young, Twal is old....well Sean is 25 and Alex 27 so moot point there to IMO.

For mine, as a cheaper, 4th-6th middle option Twal is ideal.

He offers us reliability and defensive stability and as you mentioned a differing profile to many of our forwards.

When Jake is out we have a bunch of impact middles in Paseka, Lodge, Aloiai, Toff, Bully and we really miss his defensive presence. With Twal you have a player you can plug into that role to hold the middle.

Great squad option!

Last edited:
The Keppie /Twal Perspective

Keppie is more Dynamic than the Toothless Tiger Twal but he can also be more Erratic
The Toothless Tiger comes error free
Any coach that can get the best out of Keppie will have him self a Keeper

Twal the Toothless Tiger ..
1695253527879.png

Last edited:
Keppie looking closer to an exit, wonder if that means Twal is still a possible addition.
Can't help liking Keppie's aggro but it's also true our pack needs something different from what we've had, especially to somehow balance with Schu coming in.

We might have a better replacement in mind if we are moving away from the Twal swap deal with the Tigers.
Maybe we are looking to South’s to take up his contract with the intention of bringing in someone else other than Twal.

We might have a better replacement in mind if we are moving away from the Twal swap deal with the Tigers.
Maybe we are looking to South’s to take up his contract with the intention of bringing in someone else other than Twal.
Yes, Keon for Keppie would be a good option for both clubs, would depend on how much we had to chip in.

Yep, great post.

The only point I'd make is that I do believe that Twal is a better player than Keppie.

Last year Twal played 22 games to Keppies 20.

Twal had 14 missed tackles, 5 errors and 8 penalties to Keppies 49 missed tackles, 9 errors and 9 penalties.

So he is significantly more reliable.

But despite everyone constantly muttering 'defence wins premierships', defence is so often overlooked. Everyone wants the highlight reel players, the offensive impact.

Well Twal had 29 tackle busts and 13 offloads to Keppies 22 tackle busts and 5 offloads....though admittedly Keppie had 1 line break to Twals 0.

But we dont need bench props to be sparking our attack, especially not in a team boasting strike everywhere in Turbo, Koula, Garrick, Saab, DCE, Brooks, Olakau'atu, Schuster, Paseka and hell even Burbo.

We need a nut trucker some will say, someone who can bend the line.

Well Keppie averages 8.57 metres per run to Twals 8.43m......point 0.14 difference. For reference, Lodge who many love for his impact, averages 8.18m per run.

But upside, potential.....Keppie is young, Twal is old....well Sean is 25 and Alex 27 so moot point there to IMO.

For mine, as a cheaper, 4th-6th middle option Twal is ideal.

He offers us reliability and defensive stability and as you mentioned a differing profile to many of our forwards.

When Jake is out we have a bunch of impact middles in Paseka, Lodge, Aloiai, Toff, Bully and we really miss his defensive presence. With Twal you have a player you can plug into that role to hold the middle.

Great squad option!
Did this post arouse anyone else as much as it did me? God I love math and metrics.

@Disco , outstanding post mate. I feel like I should give you flowers and buy you dinner after that one mate !

I love Keppie, but this post convinces me there's an option to upgrade here.

Can't fault Keppie for size, enthusiasm and effort, It's just his possum paws for hands let the team down at crucial stages too often..
Agree we need some solid no fuss toilers like Owen Cunningham,Joe Galuvao or Glenn Hall
I wish Keppie well.

He’d be a great signing!
I'd say he'd be like a Joel Thompson type signing. If he can replicate Thompson's workrate, he might be a good signing. Tuilagi didn't really live up to the workrate that was expected of him

Koloamatangi? We wish

So Keppie signs with Souths and Twal stays with Tigers.

Well done Seibold & Mestrov. I really hope you have a plan for 2024 as it may be your last.

@XV-1 I like Twal but he sure ain't worth $525K and don't blame them for not accepting the $100K freight discount

So Keppie signs with Souths and Twal stays with Tigers.

Well done Seibold & Mestrov. I really hope you have a plan for 2024 as it may be your last.

If it is their last,it certainly won’t have anything to do with not signing Twal and releasing Keppie.Neither were going to be the difference between winning a premiership and not

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8