Keppie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
LOOK get rid of all the X pussy cats Aloiai, specially tuilagi, boyle, condon and Fulton only if he can be another Watmough keep Keppie, Fainu, Woods, Vaega, Keppi remind me of Phil Daley, Wood earning ****TTTT and will die for Manly as he grew up following us, Vaega is another Taufua and Fainu is another Hamole cannot let another Fainu go as they're Maroon true and true.
Tell us what you really think, in a way we can understand please.

If we didn't have Aloiai or Woods would anyone really be that bothered by Keppie potentially leaving? He always looks good for a few games, and then goes back to being a liability that comes up with crucial errors/penalties or missed tackles. Don't get me wrong I'd prefer to keep him over the first two, but no other team would want Aloiai, and Woods is on peanuts

Our middles have been our weakest area since AFB left so if Keppie is the one that has to make way for us to get an upgrade here, so be it I say

Here’s the drum ( opinion only of course ).

There’s no doubt we were ( and probably still are ) in the market for a gun prop, after all we offered Flegler big $$$ not long ago.

Keppie is hot and cold , plays the occasional great game but then goes back to his usual mistakesthon.

He’s not off contract so there’s only one way he’ll be let go.

“ if we are getting a much better replacement “.

There’s no way he’s being punted to sign an out of form , lower grade cheapie with potential.

So you experts here on Silvertails need to use your brain matter for a change and think logically, yes he might be being shopped around BUT it’s not like Keppie is being punted and being replaced by Aaron Woods.

The options are as follows.

1) he’ll be signed elsewhere and we will be signing a much better player instead.

2) we can’t get a better player and he’ll remain.

And remove from your dumb arse heads that Woods is his replacement.

Woods ( if signed ) will be Morgan Boyles replacement , and considering Morgsn had played 2 games in 3 years he’s a far better fill in.

Yes opinion only , but I’m using my brain matter and not just reading the Daily Telegraph to make my opinions.

Our middles have been our weakest area since AFB left so if Keppie is the one that has to make way for us to get an upgrade here, so be it I say
Yep. We need to improve our cattle up front.

Someone in the Cross forum thread posted a link* to some microanalysis of this season and Manly comes in just below average on nearly all the various measures - making metres, conceding metres, etc etc

I think we've got quite a good bunch of forwards, who could be part of a good pack... if there was a top dog to follow. But without one, they don't rise to the occasion often enough, Jake excepted of course.

So we need to strengthen the pack. Keppie has it in him, maybe the talk about moving him on is a way to 'encourage' him to really go to the next level instead of just keep skirting around it?

*I didn't read it all but it's here:

Can’t tell if you’re talking about Keppie or our glorious leaders. And that’s a worry.
Now that you mention it, I'd say both.

Eddie Murphy GIF by Coming to America

Our problem is the 'Engine room' and the ability to make metres and post contact metres, and then line speed in defence, to nullify metres gained by the opposition. Paseka has shown glimpses of potential, however, he seems to be 'hot and cold', but, he is getting better each season and as he matures he'll be more impactful. He could possibly benefit with a week of 'one on one' with Payne Haas or Fa'asuamaleaui (geez, I'd love the latter at Manly).

The Sea Eagles have traditionally had heaps of 'Grunt' in the front row, players who 'take no prisoners' and put the 'fear of god' in the opposition, which we seem to have lost.

Looking back at past seasons, when we haven't had the grunt, we haven't performed well. So, I had a look at the seasons when we have really performed well and looked at the 'Engine Room' and who we had.

Apart from Jake, who of our current prop roster would be selected in front of any of the following?
Bill Hamilton
John Bucknall
John O’Neill
John Harvey
Terry Randall (yes, he played prop and second row)
Ian Thomson
Mark Broadhurst
Geoff Gerard
Phil Daley
Kevin Ward
Ian Roberts
Martin Bella (open to debate)
Jason King
Mark Carroll
David Gillespie
Brent Kite
Joe Galuvao
Addin Fonua-Blake

I would suggest, not one of our current props (apart from Jake) would displace any of the above.

I think Haumole Olakau'atu is fast becoming one of those players, with his tackle on Wong last weekend and Olam earler in the year and, his post tackle yardage, that he has the grunt we need up front and so, while it may seem 'left field', he could possibly move to prop. We wouln't lose his athletic ability to catch kicks, or crash over close to the line, as on those plays in attacck, he just plays wider.

I thought Kelma Tuilagi had his best game for Manly on the weekend against the chooks.
In my opinion, let Keppie go, as much as I like him when he's 'diamonds', however, he's too much of a risk when he's 'rocks'.

For what it's worth, here's my YART (sorry Ryan) for 2024.

Turbo
Saab
Koula
Garrick/Tommy Talau
Tommy Talau/Garrick/Jaxson Paulo
Brooks
DCE
Paseka
Croker
Olakau'atu
Tuilagi
Schuster
Jake

Aloiai
Sifley
Bullemor
Burbo

Our problem is the 'Engine room' and the ability to make metres and post contact metres, and then line speed in defence, to nullify metres gained by the opposition

I agree about lacking grunt. However the elephant in the room is that we did spend on a forward leader to replace the departing AFB, but he simply hasn't delivered what is needed. I speak of Aloiai of course.

Why we extended his contract I do not know, it would be truly horrific to think we did it to keep his flock of young Pasifika players happy. Either way, he now seems like a player few clubs would touch, so unloading him might be a costly exercise.

Our problem is the 'Engine room' and the ability to make metres and post contact metres, and then line speed in defence, to nullify metres gained by the opposition. Paseka has shown glimpses of potential, however, he seems to be 'hot and cold', but, he is getting better each season and as he matures he'll be more impactful. He could possibly benefit with a week of 'one on one' with Payne Haas or Fa'asuamaleaui (geez, I'd love the latter at Manly).

The Sea Eagles have traditionally had heaps of 'Grunt' in the front row, players who 'take no prisoners' and put the 'fear of god' in the opposition, which we seem to have lost.

Looking back at past seasons, when we haven't had the grunt, we haven't performed well. So, I had a look at the seasons when we have really performed well and looked at the 'Engine Room' and who we had.

Apart from Jake, who of our current prop roster would be selected in front of any of the following?
Bill Hamilton
John Bucknall
John O’Neill
John Harvey
Terry Randall (yes, he played prop and second row)
Ian Thomson
Mark Broadhurst
Geoff Gerard
Phil Daley
Kevin Ward
Ian Roberts
Martin Bella (open to debate)
Jason King
Mark Carroll
David Gillespie
Brent Kite
Joe Galuvao
Addin Fonua-Blake

I would suggest, not one of our current props (apart from Jake) would displace any of the above.

I think Haumole Olakau'atu is fast becoming one of those players, with his tackle on Wong last weekend and Olam earler in the year and, his post tackle yardage, that he has the grunt we need up front and so, while it may seem 'left field', he could possibly move to prop. We wouln't lose his athletic ability to catch kicks, or crash over close to the line, as on those plays in attacck, he just plays wider.

I thought Kelma Tuilagi had his best game for Manly on the weekend against the chooks.
In my opinion, let Keppie go, as much as I like him when he's 'diamonds', however, he's too much of a risk when he's 'rocks'.

For what it's worth, here's my YART (sorry Ryan) for 2024.

Turbo
Saab
Koula
Garrick/Tommy Talau
Tommy Talau/Garrick/Jaxson Paulo
Brooks
DCE
Paseka
Croker
Olakau'atu
Tuilagi
Schuster
Jake

Aloiai
Sifley
Bullemor
Burbo
looks good rmd, I still think we need more at 9 though , so GT or get the Souffs reggies 9 for Aloai

I agree about lacking grunt. However the elephant in the room is that we did spend on a forward leader to replace the departing AFB, but he simply hasn't delivered what is needed. I speak of Aloiai of course.

Why we extended his contract I do not know, it would be truly horrific to think we did it to keep his flock of young Pasifika players happy. Either way, he now seems like a player few clubs would touch, so unloading him might be a costly exercise.
Yes I wonder who inked that extension ??

And why ???

Here’s the drum ( opinion only of course ).

There’s no doubt we were ( and probably still are ) in the market for a gun prop, after all we offered Flegler big $$$ not long ago.

Keppie is hot and cold , plays the occasional great game but then goes back to his usual mistakesthon.

He’s not off contract so there’s only one way he’ll be let go.

“ if we are getting a much better replacement “.

There’s no way he’s being punted to sign an out of form , lower grade cheapie with potential.

So you experts here on Silvertails need to use your brain matter for a change and think logically, yes he might be being shopped around BUT it’s not like Keppie is being punted and being replaced by Aaron Woods.

The options are as follows.

1) he’ll be signed elsewhere and we will be signing a much better player instead.

2) we can’t get a better player and he’ll remain.

And remove from your dumb arse heads that Woods is his replacement.

Woods ( if signed ) will be Morgan Boyles replacement , and considering Morgsn had played 2 games in 3 years he’s a far better fill in.

Yes opinion only , but I’m using my brain matter and not just reading the Daily Telegraph to make my opinions.
Woods is basically playing for minimum money, plus the added bonus for him of playing for a club he has always supported, for him it's not about the money, he still likes being involved in the game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10