Last straw

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

hozza

Bencher
Enough is enough, this sh!t has to stop!! I didn’t want to post last night cause I was that gutted, not angry just gutted. So a few points..

Dce- His contract HAS to be renegotiated, it has to be. Shorter and cheaper. Bring him in, sit him down and simply threaten him with playing Reggies for 6 years. Simply say- Mate your being over paid, for the good of the team we need to bring your contract down by 300grand or so. No doubt he’ll say no, but playing reserves for 3 months will change his mind pretty quick.

Barrett- Has to fuc$ing go, I’m on board with @strone33 . End of the year, gone. Need a strong headed coach, someone who takes no sh!t from players and doesn’t want to be there mate. I’d take Maguire. Des, if he has nothing to do with contracts. Walters with Manly players as assistants, Kite and Ballin. Toovey cause he’s the fuc$ing man. Any of those options are better.

Back room Staff- All fuc$ing gone. Carty- gone, your sh!t.
Trainers all gone, our sides have looked unfit for 3+yrs. your sh!t.
Recruiting staff, we have none.

The rot must stop......

Enough is enough, this sh!t has to stop!! I didn’t want to post last night cause I was that gutted, not angry just gutted. So a few points..

Dce- His contract HAS to be renegotiated, it has to be. Shorter and cheaper. Bring him in, sit him down and simply threaten him with playing Reggies for 6 years. Simply say- Mate your being over paid, for the good of the team we need to bring your contract down by 300grand or so. No doubt he’ll say no, but playing reserves for 3 months will change his mind pretty quick.

Barrett- Has to fuc$ing go, I’m on board with @strone33 . End of the year, gone. Need a strong headed coach, someone who takes no sh!t from players and doesn’t want to be there mate. I’d take Maguire. Des, if he has nothing to do with contracts. Walters with Manly players as assistants, Kite and Ballin. Toovey cause he’s the fuc$ing man. Any of those options are better.

The rot must stop......

Well from memory his manager insisted they renegotiate cherrys existing contract some time back even though he had put pen to paper. Maybe we should ring his manager and ask him to do the same now he is overcharging us.

Will cherry mature as a player between the ears
Will a different coach make that happen
Will he be sent to reggies to die and posdibly ask for a release

The rot must stop......

Unfortunately renegotiation of a registered contract cannot happen - This was a twitter reply from Gus Gould (Who would obviously know), when asked a similar question. So DCE will continue to be paid his registered salary

@PhilGould15 Hi Gus, can the bulldogs renegotiate contracts with players on back ended deals so they can be paid an even amount for each remaining year of their contract? This may help ease the burden with so many players on inflated salaries?

No. You can’t reduce the amount of a registered contract. You can prepay them if you had money available in this year’s cap. It might be why they would move a player or two before June 30 this year to free up 2018 cap space to prepay some of 2019.

You can't just renegotiate a player because they are out of form.

And even if we could and did do what you said what marquee player would ever sign for us in the future

Lets live in the real world

The one thing I always thought that Cherry didn't need was the captaincy, give it to Jake

And even if we could and did do what you said what marquee player would ever sign for us in the future

The one thing I always thought that Cherry didn't need was the captaincy, give it to Jake
I agree, I thought it a strange selection at the time. Maybe Thommo might be a good candidate as well?

Well disco real world looks pretty bad for us at the moment. How do you think the other players feel on the team? Watching a guy who is way way overpaid, overrated and consistently under performs? They’d be pretty fuc$ing pissed, just like us fans. I think they’d actually appreciate us trying to renegotiate his contract.

Anyway as @Mitch has pointed out, it’s simply not a possibility. I’d push him into reggies until he leaves, just like Farah when at Tigers. Even if we had to pick up some of the freight...

Well disco real world looks pretty bad for us at the moment. How do you think the other players feel on the team? Watching a guy who is way way overpaid, overrated and consistently under performs? They’d be pretty fuc$ing pissed, just like us fans. I think they’d actually appreciate us trying to renegotiate his contract.

Anyway as @Mitch has pointed out, it’s simply not a possibility. I’d push him into reggies until he leaves, just like Farah when at Tigers. Even if we had to pick up some of the freight...

The route you would have to go, and it is not one I am advocating, is to shop him around to over clubs

Personally I do not think he is crazy overpaid....probably a touch but that is the market we live in these days, Ben Hunt is on similar money and i'd still take DCE

The route you would have to go, and it is not one I am advocating, is to shop him around to over clubs

Personally I do not think he is crazy overpaid....probably a touch but that is the market we live in these days, Ben Hunt is on similar money and i'd still take DCE
Come on Disco , there’s Hunt then daylight then Dce. 8 or 9 halfbacks ahead of him atm.
1. Shocking kicking game- hunt ahead
2. Clearly no leadership- hunt ahead
3. No game management- hunt ahead
4.passing game- even
5. Defence- Dce
6. Clearly clearly rubs teammates the wrong way- hunt.

Dce on 1.3 mil, Hunt on 1 mil. That 300grand per year mate. 1.8 mil over 6 years. A little overpaid? Wayyyy overpaid. Obviously wages are speculative.

Anyway, not dismissing your opinion mate just disagree. We are all obviously passionate Manly people here....

Look, I think we can all agree that for what he actually brings to the table, Cherry is overpaid. As good as a player as he can be, he does lack in certain areas.....not the least being game management and organisational skills.

But, there is nothing we can do about it. Read the above post with Gus Gould's tweet, there is literally nothing that can be done. And we're not in a situation where we have money left over from the previous years cap to pay him out of that in order to be able to recruit.

And sadly this all goes back to 4 years ago when the Quantum side offered DCE $700k and the Penn's pulled it when they took full control because someone was in their ear that it was Foran we should keep, even though everyone knew Foran was going to leave because he was pissed at what happened to Gifty. We chased Foran up the garden path for 6 months and in that time allowed DCE to sign with the Titans which set up the whole situation where we, for better or worse, have tied ourselves to one high priced player until about 2023.

Look, I think we can all agree that for what he actually brings to the table, Cherry is overpaid. As good as a player as he can be, he does lack in certain areas.....not the least being game management and organisational skills.

But, there is nothing we can do about it. Read the above post with Gus Gould's tweet, there is literally nothing that can be done. And we're not in a situation where we have money left over from the previous years cap to pay him out of that in order to be able to recruit.

And sadly this all goes back to 4 years ago when the Quantum side offered DCE $700k and the Penn's pulled it when they took full control because someone was in their ear that it was Foran we should keep, even though everyone knew Foran was going to leave because he was pissed at what happened to Gifty. We chased Foran up the garden path for 6 months and in that time allowed DCE to sign with the Titans which set up the whole situation where we, for better or worse, have tied ourselves to one high priced player until about 2023.
Someone could do a hit and run ??

Dce although his kicking was average is not to blame for the garbage that has been dished up this season . The forwards need to be the ones taking the blame . Halves always look average when the big boys get knocked over . Cliffy lyons was a chook with its head off cut off when his forwards got stuck in their own red zone . Not always but he did when he ran out of options. Dce is no different here . When we won against the storm and broncos , even parra our forwards were rolling up field and Dce turned in blinders . Yer as we know his kicking was ordinary , but to call him in sit him down and say we are taking 300k off you pal or you will be playing regies is laughable. Marty Taupau if anyone should show some heart and lead this side to war . Dont blame evans for the mess.

A hit and run on who @sean john ??

I'm not for a moment advocating getting rid of DCE. I am just like many others who think he is being overpaid for what he brings to the side. He's currently on a reported $1.3 million per season. Personally I think he's worth only around $800k at best.

But it is what it is and there is nothing we can do about it. He's not going to improve because he would have done so by now. He's still a high quality player, but for a halfback who is in his 8th year in first grade, along with his international and Origin experience, you'd think he would be able to manage a game by now, yet he seems incapable of that and generally needs someone to hold his hand to get the best out of him.

Hopefully in time (and not too long a time), Hodkinson can provide the stability that he needs. But the sad thing there is that Barrett seems to have Hodkinson playing exactly the same way as Croker.....doing nothing more than hand-offs to an ambling forward for a nothing hit up.

DCE or his value is not the problem.

The way ALL our players are used and perform is.

DCE and ALL the rest of our best 17 are are a premiership winning side.

They are not trained, drilled, combined, motivated, used and gelled correctly by the ones in charge.

That is the problem and it won't be fixed while Penn, Barrett, Cartwright etcare the ones running OUR team.

After 50 years of supporting and 11 playing it is just about too much for me to bear..

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8