Last straw

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
What must never be repeated is the mismanagement of the roster between 2014 and 2016 where in spite of a record player turnover we still got into salary cap trouble.

Never again should we move heaven and earth to retain any player who is just after coin, the decisions we made in 2015 are biting us big time now!!

As a club we need to be professional, communicate with the fans and members and have a team out there who has a real go and have players who WANT to be at the club!!

This is the year of INDISCIPLINE and the fish rots from the head, our coaching has been far from inspiring and our Captain and senior players continue to make basic errors and their inability to manage games has cost us too many times this season.

The last 11 games are an opportunity for this to change, failure to do so has to lead to significant change!

Can’t disagree with that!!

Concerning DCE, can I say that even Cliff Lyons look ordinary for a year or two at one stage when Manly had weakness in structure and personnel. I even recall one radio announcer saying he should get off the field such was his inability to get the team functioning. Rugby League is a team game and relies on every player doing their bit and running like a well oiled mahine. I see DCE (and Api, Taapau, Jake and TT) trying too hard because others are not pulling their weight. The result are mistakes, missed tackles, wrong options.

Here's my take on the performance:
I thought the Cowboys were great. They made very few mistakes, were enthusiastic and were by far the better team. They would have beaten most team on that performance.
I thought we tried hard, tackled well and didn't get the bounce of the ball.
Where we were poor was in the attack, or lack of it. Without Tom Turbojet we don't have any penetration.
Our backs lacked any trick plays, primarily because our half and 5/5 were totally outplayed. Surely it's time to throw in Tom Wright to see if he can spark some attack. Suli is a power player, but we need extra pace and skill and variation.
Frankly, I was less gutted by this performance than the previous week against the Faders.
Not enough credit is being given to the Cowboys. However, the mounting injury toll is a major concern.

Settle down there buddy, no need to get personal!!
Come on mate, you know you were having a sly little dig. I had a not so sly one back. Just a little back and forth, nothing personal in it.

Like you’ve said in another thread, we all have different opinions. I will say Mark 95% of the time I enjoy your posts and your obviously a passionate Manly man. Apologies if I overstepped and offended.

Concerning DCE, can I say that even Cliff Lyons look ordinary for a year or two at one stage when Manly had weakness in structure and personnel. I even recall one radio announcer saying he should get off the field such was his inability to get the team functioning. Rugby League is a team game and relies on every player doing their bit and running like a well oiled mahine. I see DCE (and Api, Taapau, Jake and TT) trying too hard because others are not pulling their weight. The result are mistakes, missed tackles, wrong options.
When is DCE ever responsible for his output? I'm sorry, but this team's forward pack has competed hard more often than not, and often even dominated to lay that required platform for the halves. You cannot command key money, position and role in a team and then blame the rest of the team. Ridiculous.

DCE is the captain and half-back. He should be the one getting into the ear of whoever you seem to think is not pulling their weight, and getting a rocket up them. Telling them exactly where to go and what to do on the field during the game, and in no uncertain terms. That is his job and that's what I am not seeing... or, is he telling them and nobody is listening? That would be just as disconcerting and a reflection on DCE's leadership credentials. I didn't see DCE head over to Marty after that first set and say. "Hey look, Marty, you are the man. Get in there next set and I wanna see two hard hit ups from you. I don't wanna see young Jetski as the one trying to lead in that area. Understand?"

I didn't see DCE head over to Marty after that first set and say. "Hey look, Marty, you are the man. Get in there next set and I wanna see two hard hit ups from you. I don't wanna see young Jetski as the one trying to lead in that area. Understand?"

What I saw from DCE in the first set was indecision as to whether to kick on the last or run. He chose to run, ended up being caught and it put us under undue pressure because we spent the best part of the next 20 minutes either defending in our own half or defending the Cows coming out of theirs after Thurston's two penalty goals. And that was a big contributor in the fact that by about the 60 minute mark, we were out of gas.

And unfortunately that poor 5th tackle option on our very first set of the night set the tone for what was to come over the next 78 minutes. We may have scored twice, but both times it was more through individual work than good team play. Our inability until about the 70th minute to get a repeat set while Thurston seemed to kick into our in-goal at will saw to it that we rarely put them under pressure while we were under constant pressure defending in our own half.

your obviously a passionate Manly man. Apologies if I overstepped and offended.

Passionare??

With the possible exception of Dan, Mark has done more for us fans personally and in his own time than anyone, including those paid by the with club.

I am with Mark in seeing no real advantage in mass sackings. Sure punt Barrett if we can sign Bellamy for the next 3-5 years, but mass changes do more harm than good.

Passionare??

With the possible exception of Dan, Mark has done more for us fans personally and in his own time than anyone, including those paid by the with club.

I am with Mark in seeing no real advantage in mass sackings. Sure punt Barrett if we can sign Bellamy for the next 3-5 years, but mass changes do more harm than good.
More often than not if you punt the coach the backroom staff go anyway. New coach usually means new support team..

And not doubting Marks passion or dedication to the club one little bit.

Spot on.

I personally really really really underestimated Greens influence on the team's success. Maybe I was just wishful thinking.

There has been several games this year that our pack have outplayed their opposition but DCE hasn't been able to capitalise. Yes, he has a halves partner (on approx 1/5th of his wage) but it should not be their responsibility. He's the captain. He's the marquee player. He's on $1.3m per year.

We have assembled a destructive forward pack. One of the best in the 16 team comp. Where Manly has dropped the ball is by not having halves capable of managing the team around the park.

I understand DCE is going nowhere, I wouldn't either for $25k per week ... but in order for Manly to move forward and be a premiership threat, we need a premium half to run the team around.

We need a Cronk, Hunt, Cleary etc. It's the only way I see our club progressing.

DCE can only be effective with a half controlling the team.

That's why we're all hoping that Hodko can break the shackles and become that Foran/Green like foil for DCE. Unfortunately though it seems like he's under instructions to do what Croker was doing which is be nothing more than a link player who mostly does hand-off's to ambling forwards. Hodko is a better player than that.

That's why we're all hoping that Hodko can break the shackles and become that Foran/Green like foil for DCE. Unfortunately though it seems like he's under instructions to do what Croker was doing which is be nothing more than a link player who mostly does hand-off's to ambling forwards. Hodko is a better player than that.

Must be how they want it done , gotta day it seems bloody strange to me!

Me too mate because Hodko is much better than that.

I actually rate Hodko higher than I do Green. I just don't think he's being allowed to show it. I also have this feeling that being new to this team he's not about to step on toes and take charge on the field just yet.

When he does we'll be better for it because DCE really isn't capable of doing the organising.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10