Last straw

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
DCE or his value is not the problem.

The way ALL our players are used and perform is.

DCE and ALL the rest of our best 17 are are a premiership winning side.

They are not trained, drilled, combined, motivated, used and gelled correctly by the ones in charge.

That is the problem and it won't be fixed while Penn, Barrett, Cartwright etcare the ones running OUR team.

After 50 years of supporting and 11 playing it is just about too much for me to bear..
Its tough mate and as i said last nite , the season is only half over and we are dead in the water. DISGRACEFUL..

A hit and run on who @sean john ??

I'm not for a moment advocating getting rid of DCE. I am just like many others who think he is being overpaid for what he brings to the side. He's currently on a reported $1.3 million per season. Personally I think he's worth only around $800k at best.

But it is what it is and there is nothing we can do about it. He's not going to improve because he would have done so by now. He's still a high quality player, but for a halfback who is in his 8th year in first grade, along with his international and Origin experience, you'd think he would be able to manage a game by now, yet he seems incapable of that and generally needs someone to hold his hand to get the best out of him.

Hopefully in time (and not too long a time), Hodkinson can provide the stability that he needs. But the sad thing there is that Barrett seems to have Hodkinson playing exactly the same way as Croker.....doing nothing more than hand-offs to an ambling forward for a nothing hit up.
On DCE mate.. not you. Was just a joke mate

DCE or his value is not the problem.

The way ALL our players are used and perform is.

DCE and ALL the rest of our best 17 are are a premiership winning side.

They are not trained, drilled, combined, motivated, used and gelled correctly by the ones in charge.

That is the problem and it won't be fixed while Penn, Barrett, Cartwright etcare the ones running OUR team.

After 50 years of supporting and 11 playing it is just about too much for me to bear..

Now that I can (and do) agree with.

Come on Disco , there’s Hunt then daylight then Dce. 8 or 9 halfbacks ahead of him atm.
1. Shocking kicking game- hunt ahead
2. Clearly no leadership- hunt ahead
3. No game management- hunt ahead
4.passing game- even
5. Defence- Dce
6. Clearly clearly rubs teammates the wrong way- hunt.

Dce on 1.3 mil, Hunt on 1 mil. That 300grand per year mate. 1.8 mil over 6 years. A little overpaid? Wayyyy overpaid. Obviously wages are speculative.

Anyway, not dismissing your opinion mate just disagree. We are all obviously passionate Manly people here....

No doubt Hunt is in better form at the moment, but that does not make him a better player

12 months back Hunt got ousted at halfback by a Nikorima

DCE is very talented and worth having in our team. That said...
Yes, he is probably overpaid for what he can realistically offer
He should be an important cog in the team, and to be that, he needs a stronger organising half and he needs to be relieved of captaincy.

Forwards go forward, backs go forward, Forwards go backward, backs go NOWHERE, blame the forwards, should be hunting in a pack, we have a great set of forwards IF they all perform on the night, not individually...!!!!!

DCE is with us for the long run, so its a waste of time discussing getting rid of him. Cherry-Evans has the talent. We have seen that over and again. He's a top tier half back. But he cant do everything, and to me that is what he is trying to do. Too much responsibility. Maybe take the captaincy off him and give it to Jake. Make sure he doesnt have the goal kicking duties. Ensure Hodkinson does his job to take some of the pressure off him. Teach the forwards how to defend. DCE is doing far too much defence, as is Api. There's a general failure in this team to defend as a team. Its too often left to a couple of players. I have suggested it before but it seems no way Barrett will consider it but I think Kelly would make a good 5/8. He looks like a 5/8 playing centre. He's wasted out there. And get some speed in that backline. Tom Wright, Anderson. At the moment they look like a team without proper structure, lacking the defensive and attacking structures of top side. The talent is there. Its just like a 4 cylinder car running on two spark plugs. And the parts arent in synch.

**** it I’ve got the answer

#sackeveryone

Problem solvered, nothing to worry about next week as there’s no one left!!

Beats the last straw hands down!

DCE is with us for the long run, so its a waste of time discussing getting rid of him. Cherry-Evans has the talent. We have seen that over and again. He's a top tier half back. But he cant do everything, and to me that is what he is trying to do. Too much responsibility. Maybe take the captaincy off him and give it to Jake. Make sure he doesnt have the goal kicking duties. Ensure Hodkinson does his job to take some of the pressure off him. Teach the forwards how to defend. DCE is doing far too much defence, as is Api. There's a general failure in this team to defend as a team. Its too often left to a couple of players. I have suggested it before but it seems no way Barrett will consider it but I think Kelly would make a good 5/8. He looks like a 5/8 playing centre. He's wasted out there. And get some speed in that backline. Tom Wright, Anderson. At the moment they look like a team without proper structure, lacking the defensive and attacking structures of top side. The talent is there. Its just like a 4 cylinder car running on two spark plugs. And the parts arent in synch.

Why stop there ? maybe we should sign Nathan Cleary so DCE can just sit in the stands and not even have to play.

Come on Disco , there’s Hunt then daylight then Dce. 8 or 9 halfbacks ahead of him atm.
1. Shocking kicking game- hunt ahead
2. Clearly no leadership- hunt ahead
3. No game management- hunt ahead
4.passing game- even
5. Defence- Dce
6. Clearly clearly rubs teammates the wrong way- hunt.

Dce on 1.3 mil, Hunt on 1 mil. That 300grand per year mate. 1.8 mil over 6 years. A little overpaid? Wayyyy overpaid. Obviously wages are speculative.

Anyway, not dismissing your opinion mate just disagree. We are all obviously passionate Manly people here....

We talking 2018 yeah?

just reverse all those points for last year where HUNT was behind by a long way.

Next year could be anything again.

Main problem is the Coach and his team. To me we look a lot like a Cartwright coached titans side. A total friggin mess with no direction or gameplan...

Injuries havent helped but we have to get a leadership team that can coach. We would be epic under a cleary or the like. a coach that has a plan A,B and C and when they dont work E.

**** it I’ve got the answer

#sackeveryone

Problem solvered, nothing to worry about next week as there’s no one left!!
Beats the last straw hands down!
You know what, let’s do nothing. Obviously we are having a great season there buddy. Let’s get 3 spoons in a row, good fuc$ing plan @nextweek.
You might be ok with watching this garbage but I’m not.
Rot stops with the fuc$ing coach, the captain and his backroom staff. Coach gone, assistant gone, trainer gone. 3 or 4 people to replace. Dce to step up or ship him off to another club and pay some of the freight.

This is a elite sport with professional coaches and players, perform or fuc$ off. This is Manly and we expect better.

O
We talking 2018 yeah?

just reverse all those points for last year where HUNT was behind by a long way.

Next year could be anything again.

Main problem is the Coach and his team. To me we look a lot like a Cartwright coached titans side. A total friggin mess with no direction or gameplan...

Injuries havent helped but we have to get a leadership team that can coach. We would be epic under a cleary or the like. a coach that has a plan A,B and C and when they dont work E.
I completely agree with replacing the coaching staff 100%. Disagree with Hunt and Dce. Dce only appeared to look better because we had a real 6 calling the shots, green did most the leg work while Dce chimed in occasionally. That to me is not an elite halfback.

What must never be repeated is the mismanagement of the roster between 2014 and 2016 where in spite of a record player turnover we still got into salary cap trouble.

Never again should we move heaven and earth to retain any player who is just after coin, the decisions we made in 2015 are biting us big time now!!

As a club we need to be professional, communicate with the fans and members and have a team out there who has a real go and have players who WANT to be at the club!!

This is the year of INDISCIPLINE and the fish rots from the head, our coaching has been far from inspiring and our Captain and senior players continue to make basic errors and their inability to manage games has cost us too many times this season.

The last 11 games are an opportunity for this to change, failure to do so has to lead to significant change!

You know what, let’s do nothing. Obviously we are having a great season there buddy. Let’s get 3 spoons in a row, good fuc$ing plan @nextweek.
You might be ok with watching this garbage but I’m not.
Rot stops with the fuc$ing coach, the captain and his backroom staff. Coach gone, assistant gone, trainer gone. 3 or 4 people to replace. Dce to step up or ship him off to another club and pay some of the freight.

This is a elite sport with professional coaches and players, perform or fuc$ off. This is Manly and we expect better.

Settle down there buddy, no need to get personal!!

Yep, can’t argue with that. If you keep posting waffle, it is only a matter of time before you get shirt fronted... cyber style of course.

So I’m being “ shirt fronted” now am I??

For having a different opinion!!

Jeez, is this what Silvertails has come to?

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10