Latest Dogs bad news story

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Top End Eagle said:
But saying that the female journalists sent there by their bosses deserved to be abused in the way that they were is sailing very close to saying that women deserve to be assaulted because of their choice of clothing.

The misogyny on this site never ceases to repulse me. Obviously not a lot of fathers of little girls involved.

Cant find that comment or insinuation made by anyone in this thread. Quite the opposite in fact. Somewhere else on this site maybe?

He must have been reading The Kennel. Even the supporters are self destructing - it's incredible the things going on there at the moment, you wouldnt even need to try to get a reaction out of them, just choose a topic and be rational

As a fan I would like to see the player/s involved to put their hand up and say it was them. Lets not hide lets not play the blame game, Man up and say that you f@$%ed up.

Guzzler said:
As a fan I would like to see the player/s involved to put their hand up and say it was them. Lets not hide lets not play the blame game, Man up and say that you f@$%ed up.

Yep - if you think you are a big boy talking like that, be a big boy and own up. Currently though it looks like the CEO is trying to weasel out of it, and is being quite disengeneous about it, "oh the audio is not good, we're not sure who it is" he knows where to start Inu

They will be suspended by the club, it will be for trials only but by then the heat will be off greenturd and the commission.

voicefromthehill said:
Should they just ignore it and thus condone the behaviour?

No not at all mate but personally I would prefer the person to put their hand up first and foremost.

There was a male stabbed 20 times and flat set alight yet this still gets top billing.

And the ARLC will fine them $100k, they will then give these funds to Manly

Guzzler said:
voicefromthehill said:

No not at all mate but personally I would prefer the person to put their hand up first and foremost.

There was a male stabbed 20 times and flat set alight yet this still gets top billing.

@[Guzzler] Valid and reasonable point mate, and a pet peeve of mine also. Sorry assumed you were taking a different line, unfortunately not too much reason amongst the hysteria of many Dogs supporters......are you sure you're a Dogs supporter ;)

The 'punishment' that will be handed out by The Berries will be commensurate with the playing ability of thoose responsible.
So, if it turns out to be Barba, Kassiano or another of their stars expect a slap on the wrist.
If, however, the player is expendable expect Greenturd to play the PR card and get rid of them to "purge ourselves from that kind of behaviour."
It's the way all RL clubs operate.

voicefromthehill said:
And the ARLC will fine them $100k, they will then give these funds to Manly

Guzzler said:
voicefromthehill said:

......are you sure you're a Dogs supporter ;)

Yep through the good and bad times.

Well Who, that's a sad indictment of all the clubs and might just point towards the reason why the AFL is attracting women as supporters, and hense their kids over the NRL. That's why the NRL have tried so hard to stamp out misogyny. What these dickheads have done is trash the brand. What is it with those people. Abusing anyone is not on, whether you poke your head over a fence or not. You'd think that the idiots in charge of these < expletives > would realize that reporters report this stuff. That's their job. Drunkeness, tiredness or just stupidity is not a defense for obnoxious behaviour. Hopefully the NRL will stamp on this pathetic low-life club, hard.

And really, The Education Department got rid of 'muck up day' quite easily. They just banned it. Perhaps the NRL should do themselves a favour.

Looks like the latest dogs bad news story will be entertaining all of us here for the entire off season . LOL

mickqld said:
I really don't care about a few players throwing abuse at some journo when they were told to stay away. Or a few dumb ass fans burning Storm shirts/flags whatever. What really pisses me is that there is no hysterical outcry from the usual suspects in the media unless it involves a certain Maroon and white club with a bird emblem. Where is Paul C, Rothfool, Mike Colesore, Geriatric Roy, the dribbling Bear Gibbon or Bourbon Beccy in all this. Why aren't they shouting hysterics from every piece of toilet paper they wrote their articles on. No we can't upset the golden club of the year can we otherwise a few of their supporters might start burning their cars and offices as well.

This is the important post here.

Manly get fined $100K for the 09 season launch issue...and (to date) nothing much happens with the Berries......it's a real case of "double standards"

Mark you would hope that the people leading the game have changed how they view things - Just because they got it wring once (with a huge fine) does not mean they should do it again

Whatever action or inaction comes about from the ARLC the difference in all of this compared to Manlys "booze filled" season launch was that Gallop was an individual who copped the media heat and took personal offense at the coincidence of the individual & "face of the game" being one in the same.

It was Gallops decision alone and was Gallop who took the wrong option and Gallop who couldnt bring himself to correct or make amends for that decision.

Who different day today.

DSM5 said:
Well Who, that's a sad indictment of all the clubs and might just point towards the reason why the AFL is attracting women as supporters, and hense their kids over the NRL. That's why the NRL have tried so hard to stamp out misogyny. What these dickheads have done is trash the brand. What is it with those people. Abusing anyone is not on, whether you poke your head over a fence or not. You'd think that the idiots in charge of these < expletives > would realize that reporters report this stuff. That's their job. Drunkeness, tiredness or just stupidity is not a defense for obnoxious behaviour. Hopefully the NRL will stamp on this pathetic low-life club, hard.

And really, The Education Department got rid of 'muck up day' quite easily. They just banned it. Perhaps the NRL should do themselves a favour.

Of course you are right. This is how the world should work - punish people equally, regardless of their power, position, talent or wealth. But we all know that it doesn't, and all forms sport are the same; How has the ARU punished Quade Cooper; and how long did it take the AFL to punish Fevola?

So far today I've heard their sponsor roll out the "Aww, they are just boys and were drinking and you can't expect everything they say as kids to be sensible"

Also: "Aww but Ch 9 would have had to had noise augmentation devices to even hear what was said, so that's not right."

And tedd greenwhatever: "Oh the audio is scratchy so we don't really know who it was."

THE CARPET SWEEPING IS BEGINNING PEOPLE - Fight the power!

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/mad-monday-bulldogs-reap-what-they-sow-20121003-26yr9.html

I found this article interesting. I think it's no coincidence this has happened under Des Hasler. It doesn't help the club at all to be hostile towards the media. This is something I really hated when Des was at Manly. It's not good for the fans. This year has been very different with Toovey in charge.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4