Latrell Mitchell

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Media love creating a story that isn't there.

Has nothing to do with his background and more to do with the way he carries on.
I don't know what the percentage is but the majority of players aren't caucasian these days and the majority don't get booed like Mitchell.

I don't remember players like Cliff Lyons, Mal Meninga or Johnathon Thurston getting booed, it was generally the opposite and supporters jumped up cheering when these players got the ball.

Latrell Mitchell, Anthony Mundine and Adam Goodes get booed because of the way they carry on and plenty of other players from all races get booed too, especially when they carry on like they are legends in their on mind.
Cameron Smith for example.

Is he though? Plenty of non-Indigenous flogs in the NRL have never copped what he's copped, and never will. And the "It's not because he's black, it's because he's a f**kwit" line provides a convenient excuse for hundreds or thousands of predominately white spectators to scream abuse at a black player, which is a very, very ugly look for a sport.

If you've never seen the Adam Goodes documentary, "The Australian Dream", I can't recommend it enough. I'd hate to see what happened to him happen in the sport I love. And every second person who screamed at him or abused him online used the "It's not because he's black, it's because he's a f**kwit" line.
Yeah I notice too that every other dark skinned player in the AFL was booed mercilessly as well.

Oh wait...

Now a lifting tackle, with a sneaky knee to the head on the way through.

Can anyone really wonder why this flog gets booed?
This is why it amazes me that some cannot seem to see that he is the dirtiest player in the game by a country mile… massive chip on his shoulder that he seems committed to shaking by hurting anyone he can…
Gets away with the majority of it because of his profile…
A Grade grub…

1. I like off field Trell. Hate on field Trell.

2.Have never booed any player and never will. I went close for Scam Smith, but now I acknowledge he is probably the best player I have ever seen.

3. People expect consistency on and off the field for those that ‘speak out’ on various issues. I don’t think that is necessarily fair.

4. I still don’t know how anyone could have a problem with Adam Goodes…

2.Have never booed any player and never will. I went close for Scam Smith, but now I acknowledge he is probably the best player I have ever seen.

3. People expect consistency on and off the field for those that ‘speak out’ on various issues. I don’t think that is necessarily fair.

I booed Smith at the GF when he was suspended & he came up on screen.. :)

1. Agree… good community-minded bloke off the field… A Grade grub on it

2. Disagree… booing is a part of sport, a part of footy and creates an amazing atmosphere… I don’t boo personally but gotta admit I have enjoyed the booing at games…

3. Agree… that people should be consistent off the field but form is temporary, class is forever… Trell has no class on the field and no form atm

4. Agree… it was over him calling that young girl out but I think there was more to it than that cause the bloke was all class on and off the field I thought

1. Agree… good community-minded bloke off the field… A Grade grub on it

2. Disagree… booing is a part of sport, a part of footy and creates an amazing atmosphere… I don’t boo personally but gotta admit I have enjoyed the booing at games…

3. Agree… that people should be consistent off the field but form is temporary, class is forever… Trell has no class on the field and no form atm

4. Agree… it was over him calling that young girl out but I think there was more to it than that cause the bloke was all class on and off the field I thought
I think we are aligned. I agree booing is part and parcel of sport - there is a need for heroes and villains, but they need to be for the right reasons (there is never a universal right reason though). I much prefer the players I dislike getting smashed - just like Jorge on Munster! But credit where credit is due, Munster got up!

I think we are aligned. I agree booing is part and parcel of sport - there is a need for heroes and villains, but they need to be for the right reasons (there is never a universal right reason though). I much prefer the players I dislike getting smashed - just like Jorge on Munster! But credit where credit is due, Munster got up!
Yep, that is pretty much my take…
I always do end up admiring blokes like Munster, JT, Wally etc because they roll with the punches and come back swinging… and those blokes were not dirty (well two out of three lol)

Yep, that is pretty much my take…
I always do end up admiring blokes like Munster, JT, Wally etc because they roll with the punches and come back swinging… and those blokes were not dirty (well two out of three lol)
There are degrees of dirty too. We have had plenty of players that other teams’ fans would call grubs or dirty. But ultimately they were ours and we loved them…

There are degrees of dirty too. We have had plenty of players that other teams’ fans would call grubs or dirty. But ultimately they were ours and we loved them…
And that’s the thing with Trell… it is consistent and just grubby… it is back to the silvertails v fibros era (which would be fine if blokes could just get up and snot him)

IMG_4817.jpeg

You must have given some to the opposition goal kicker over the years?

Goal kickers cop it away from home, I got in on the Wally chant..

You must have given some to the opposition goal kicker over the years?

Goal kickers cop it away from home, I got in on the Wally chant..
Nope, never booed. I’d bang the signage or yell something stupid to try and put the goal kicker off, but not boo.

In any event, booing a kicker is a bit different to booing a player because of traits someone doesn’t like. For the kicker, the crowd is trying to put him off in a specific situation. When someone is booed literally every time they touch the ball (like Goodes was), it seems patently obvious something else is at play (which only the individuals who do boo really know).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8