Latu Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
If you guys hop on latu and samuelas instagram story now you will see they love the club.

The club has done so much for the Fainu family that it is no surprise that they love the club. Unfortunately, they became pawns in a Tartak multiplayer and multi-club merry-go-round that failed and basically blew up in his face. Other contributing factors were involved, but because you are so close to the family, you already know what they are.

Last edited:
On nrl.com, on the dragons team you will see tuitavake and fifita there is what I was trying to say. This is all irrelevant, I was responding to some else. Samuelas contract ends this year and he wants an extension so tartak wanted to get said extension. I am still struggling to understand the "destablising" part. Every manager negotiates for the best deal for their client. That is normal with every single player and every club lol. Did you forget the daly cherry evans backflip saga 8 years ago?
Not sure what DCE has to do with this,but sure...
The destabilising part is easy...
Schuster,Saab and Ola get the money and are being dealt with because they have the runs on the board,they have played first grade and obviously are keys to moving forward,you pay them market value.
It is destabilising to have a bunch of kids(Tuitavake,Fifita,Fainus etc...)who whilst having undoubted talent have not established themselves or played at NRL level(Samuela played one game) and have their manager agitating for more money and holding the club at ransom by threatening to shop them to other clubs if the money is not forthcoming(it does not have to be verbally done,it can be done by media leaks etc...)
This forces the club to fork out money to kids who are all potential and no substance and so it is wasted money on having to pay kids to be in the top 30 etc.. who may/are not ready to actually play consistent NRL.
If the club does not play ball then they are forced to risk losing them to other clubs after they have invested in them.
As I said before,it is fine,a manager should be trying to get the best for their client,just don't complain if Manly does not want to dance.....

Weird to get someone join Silvertails purely in order to advocate for a player manager. Maybe a first?
Kevin James Kingofqueens GIF by TV Land

If the Fainus, or their manager, had full confidence in their footballing ability they would sign a one year extension and trust themselves to be in hot demand by the end of the 2024 season when they would be able to command large contracts for 2-5 years.
By asking for big money when little Bro is still untried at NRL level and Big Bro is still a rookie smacks to me of wanting dessert before you've started your main course.
Once they have proven themselves financial rewards will follow -- not the other way around.

By asking for big money when little Bro is still untried at NRL level and Big Bro is still a rookie smacks to me of wanting dessert before you've started your main course.
From what I've seen on Instagram, Tartak has a lot of personal involvement with his player-clients, e.g. attending family functions etc. It appears the players like & trust him. Cynically, from the outside, one might say he has ingratiated himself with them & they place too much trust in him. He has been their manager for several years. As teenagers still, it would be difficult for them to not accept his guidance. Suli said that Tartak arranged his St George contract, but he didn't really wish to play there.

If the Fainus, or their manager, had full confidence in their footballing ability they would sign a one year extension and trust themselves to be in hot demand by the end of the 2024 season when they would be able to command large contracts for 2-5 years.
Once they have proven themselves financial rewards will follow -- not the other way around.
But we don't actually know if they are, or at least what they are asking.

From appearances and with other junior / development players released, some 5 or 6, one can just as easily conclude Mestrov / Seaman have thrown developing out the window even at Lower cost and want players at the end of the careers rather the start, for now rather than 2 years time.

Maybe this is their version of " changing their pathways" as in none Nada zip.
Short sighted but.......

I believe mestrov is making a very big mistake by release fainu bros because of a disagreement with there manager.

Your entire attitude and subsequent opinions seem to stem largely from this one belief of yours .

I would be gobsmacked if the only reason Mestrov would release 2 of the hottest young prospects in the NRL is just because he doesn't like their manger .... and that Siebold and the board would just nod and say ... no worries Tony go ahead.

In fact I would welcome the opportunity to meet with anyone who does believe this simplistic nonsense ... because I have a bridge over the harbour I could sell to them cheap.

I don't know why they have been given permission to leave .... no idea at all .... but I wager it is more complex than just Mestrov's mood.

Your entire attitude and subsequent opinions seem to stem largely from this one belief of yours .

I would be gobsmacked if the only reason Mestrov would release 2 of the hottest young prospects in the NRL is just because he doesn't like their manger .... and that Siebold and the board would just nod and say ... no worries Tony go ahead.

In fact I would welcome the opportunity to meet with anyone who does believe this simplistic nonsense ... because I have a bridge over the harbour I could sell to them cheap.

I don't know why they have been given permission to leave .... no idea at all .... but I wager it is more complex than just Mestrov's mood.
The “issue” with Tartak has been around the club longer than Mestrov’s tenure.So if the reason for allowing the Fainu’s to leave,is to rid the club of Tartak’s power,it wouldn’t be solely a beef with Mestrov but more to do with Penn

Update: It appears that the decision to release fainu brothers was initiated by Seibold to Mestrov. Seibold knows that this is his last chance to prove himself as coach. If he fails at manly, then his head coaching career will surely be over. So Seibold wants to use Latus 250 - 300k on a player who will help the team immediately in the short term.

Combine that with the fact Mestrov is trying to get rid of Tartak managed players. It was an easy decision for Mestrov to go along with.

Even with all this chaos, Latu and Samuela want to stay at manly but are being forced out.

My opinion: This is all very confusing until you put all the pieces together. Seibold is managed by Isaac Moses who is trying to take control of Manly. Why does Seibold keep selecting Aaron woods (Isaac Moses client) who simply plods around the field, ahead of Samuela or Keppie?

Manly were making 30 - 40 metres a set whilst roosters were 60 - 70 metres a set. There is no justifiable reason why Seibold keeps selecting aaron woods. Now I hear aaron woods is being resigned. Also consider recent signings: luke brooks and tommy talau (Isaac Moses clients). Also remember to kyle flanagan to manly rumours (Isaac Moses client).

Its pretty obvious Isaac Moses is pulling the strings and telling Seibold who to sign and who to select in the team, ie his own clients. Mestrov is playing a dangerous game by allowing this to happen.

Manly just posted latu making the state of origin side to their Instagram. I just don’t see why there would be this reciprocal social media posting by both the player and the club if we were trying to force them out.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10