Latu Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So latest rumours doing the rounds the Fainu brothers on a swap for Taulau and Laurie.
Makes no sense. We get a free pass at a replacement fullback.

I know I know I know. Nothing makes sense anymore.

This thread is classic Silvertails speculation. One anonymous report that Latu has been given permission to talk to other clubs.

Next minute everyone assumes he's not only been released, and departed, but his brother is gone too, and not only that but Manly is a shambles, and Mestrov a failure for not telling the fans why the club is imploding.

Both teens have clear talent. So, firstly, it is ridiculous to suggest Manly doesn't know that!
Therefore, if one or both indeed end up being released while under contract, the logical assumption is there's some fairly good reason for that.

Am I as a fan curious about what is happening and why? Sure.
Am I outraged at being kept out of the loop? Eh, not really.
My outrage quota is currently full due to other situations locally and around this world. But for those who are ...I hope you feel better soon!

Penalty Broncos

Just pondering the vagaries of the best laid plans of mice and men ...

When the Bunnies enticed Suaali'i to Redfern they crowed they had the best junior prospect the Western World had ever seen ... their future assured for Generations to come ..

Then came DOOM ... the crowing attracted the Chooks ... and a million dollar fist fight erupted over the WunderKinder .... and with contemptuous sneer at Souff's, he was Goornne ...

Triumph to the Chardonnay set .... a new dynasty will be ours they cried ..

Souths devastated and inconsolable ...

12 months later .. how has that worked out ... The bunnies are in 6th spot and firing, and the Chooks are languishing as also rans

THEN .. HAPPY DAYS ... the WunderKinder has said ... "So long, and thanks for all the dollars, but I'm off to Rah Rah , see ya"

So ... are the plans of mice and men ..

Thats fantastic news @mickqld Manly is definitely the winner in that player swap. I am also pleased that our recruitment strategy is so consistent these days. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Why in the world would we swap them. We already have talau coming next year anyway. And laurie will be a reserve grader next year. So really only getting a reserve grader for the price of two up and coming players. We also have 350k extra we could just give to Laurie if he is deemed the bandaid fix. Unbelievable

Why in the world would we swap them. We already have talau coming next year anyway. And laurie will be a reserve grader next year. So really only getting a reserve grader for the price of two up and coming players. We also have 350k extra we could just give to Laurie if he is deemed the bandaid fix. Unbelievable
I would rather persist with Weekes at FB and or mix it up with Garrick/Koula at FB rather than sell the silverware/future for an early release of someone who will be here next year anyway and for the other guy who is not a bad attacker but a terrible and unreliable defender .Madness if true and BS the more I think about it

Why in the world would we swap them. We already have talau coming next year anyway. And laurie will be a reserve grader next year. So really only getting a reserve grader for the price of two up and coming players.
Sometimes I wish there was an emoji that conveyed extreme sarcasm @KNUCKLES It would go down as one of the worst recruitment decisions ever. On a positive note at least it shows consistency. (Insert sarcasm emoji here)

To a degree - but only on the back of things going on within the club, so in this case only doing his job
One question @maxta It sounds like you have some inside info. Based on that are we looking at the first two dominos to fall, followed by a few more later?

To a degree - but only on the back of things going on within the club, so in this case only doing his job
We are all doing our job my good feathered friend
and at the end of the day who ever does their job best gets the most favorable result

The moral of this story
it is a ruthless dog eat dog world out there
and no place for the faint hearted
1687578541710.png

Spoke to Snake off record and DID have 100% info.l and a good bloke .... Smokin Joe also did/does with Manly juniors coming through
OMG the lines are so close together, and as much as I try I just cant read between them!!!!
I just wanna know if this is BS or what ?

Rumours,Rumours and more Rumours has the club said anything yet.😒😒😒

Mate, if highly delicate and confidential negotiations are taking place ... they can't and shouldn't say any more than they have..

And that is that he has been given permission to talk to other clubs and leave.

All will be revealed in the fullness of time

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8