Latu Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Y
Genius by Mestrov hey, get rid of Tartak's clients irrespective of talent and start signing below average players that no other club wants, who happen to share the same agent as our coach. This might make the Gutho regrets feel like Christmas day. Well done horsehead, Bravo, what a plan.
Yeah I dunno, all I know is tigers fans are loving this on twitter, sending their love to siebold etc..

This could well be the clean out the club desperately needs.

From all accounts, it seems the club is at the mercy of the Fulton/Tartak coalition so it seems all traces of it are being removed piece by piece, Latu (& probably Samuela too) the latest.

Since Mestrov took over, Kristie was walked, Fifita & Tuitavake were released, Scott Fulton went to the Tigers & now Latu is being swapped for Talau.

It’s actually starting to look like a very targeted campaign so I’m leaning towards Mestrov knowing exactly what he’s doing, as opposed to it being a disorganised mess.
I posted this link in another thread...whilst we may be lessening the Tartak grip we are more than making up with it with Moses additions.

Worrying times....

Y

Yeah I dunno, all I know is tigers fans are loving this on twitter, sending their love to siebold etc..
It's the Spoony and Horsehead Carnival of Poo. The Broncos fans are all laughing at us on the Cross Forum thread. The last two spooner clubs are having a lot of fun at our expense.

Interesting snippet for the tigers fan forum

The part about signing players from the western suburbs with no assessment of their character seems quite true as we are finding out I am sure teams like the panthers and parra know about the talented players but pass them over when they fail the character test

Not impressed by the Fainu's feeling that Manly didn't support Manase during the court case

Maybe they should blame Manase and not the club

However pre-origin was invited to attend a Sportsbet State of Origin dinner. Was seated next to long time Manly stalwart, premiership winner, NSW player etc. 10 beers deep and we chatted about a few things he had a bit of insider knowledge about:
  • As has been widely reported talk inside the Manly club is the Fainu‘s are coming to the Tigers. Of note he said there was friction with the club because the family didn’t feel like the club provided adequate support during Manase’s legal issues.
  • He said his impression and the majority of opinions shared with him indicate that Scott and Kristie Fulton were difficult personalities that don’t deserve the opportunities afforded to them. Said the Bozo Fulton was an incredible coach, but was a selfish operator and did everything he could to make sure his kids were looked after by the club.
  • He specifically agreed with what is written above, that being Scott Fulton is a big negative for our club. I pressed on this and he said all Scott does is go out to the Western Suburbs and sign up all the gangsters. When I asked him what he meant by gangsters, he said Scott only cares about talent and does not consider character, work ethic or anything other than how they rip up an under 15s tournament.
  • Schuster and both Fultons have had friction of the last two years and he can’t see Scott being a positive factor in his coming to the Tigers. Indicated his knowledge was that Josh Schuster was staying at Manly long term.

This is a great post along with a post made by @Ryan earlier in the week, from memory, focusing on changes that need to be made at the Club that encapsulated some areas which the Club is actively pursuing along with @Kiwi Eagle and their excellent response/posts as well.

I have abstained from posting on this matter, actually on quite a few matters concerning the Club due to the vitriol I received a while back, however, let it be said that there is not "more than meets the eye" in this current scenario along with many in the last eight (8) months, essentially since the appointment of T. Mestrov as CEO; there are two "parts" to this "issue".

One is monetary, masked however you choose to do so whether it is "...they feel they weren't supported during Manase's recent court case" OR a need to accumulate as much as you can in the relative short period of ones' playing career and to support those around you.

Many posters have asked on multiple occasions why the Club would let a junior on $X however at the same time, should the Club be beholden to a variety of self-interests, manifested or driven by outside interests or in-fact, engrossed by the apparent opportunity outside of the Club?

The second concerns a coterie which was created/developed with the best of intentions (early-on) and continued, unabated, until recently and I wish that them all the very best and trust the Wests Tigers have completed their due diligence on they way operate in terms of Club activities and the impact it will have on their own roster; they certainly are somewhat difficult to deal with let alone reason with and for every success they may propagate/promote, collectively, they have left a litany of broken promises behind as well.

I applaud the Wests Tigers for firing the first salvo in why the are "no longer interested in J. Schuster" lest it be said that they weren't of that opinion as recent as Friday evening however, their friends in the media will present this sudden change of heart due the incoming coaching team as "going cold" on J. Schuster.

Last edited:
This is a great post along with a post made by @Ryan earlier in the week, from memory, focusing on changes that need to be made at the Club that encapsulated some areas which the Club is actively pursuing along with @Kiwi Eagle and their excellent response/posts as well.

I have abstained posting on this matter, actually on quite a few matters concerning the Club due to the vitriol I received a while back, however, let it be said that there is not "more than meets the eye" in this current scenario along with many in the last eight (8) months, essentially since the appointment of T. Mestrov as CEO; there are two "parts" to this "issue".

One is monetary, masked however you choose to do so whether it is "...they feel they weren't supported during Manase's recent court case" OR a need to accumulate as much as you can in the relative short period of ones' playing career and to support those around you.

Many posters have asked on multiple occasions why the Club would let a junior on $X however at the same time, should the Club be beholden to a variety of self-interests, manifested or driven by outside interests or in-fact, engrossed by the apparent opportunity outside of the Club?

The second concerns a coterie which was created/developed with the best of intentions (early-on) and continued, unabated, until recently and I wish that them all the very best and trust the Wests Tigers have completed their due diligence on they way operate in terms of Club activities and the impact it will have on their own roster; they certainly are somewhat difficult to deal with let alone reason with and for every success they may propagate/promote, collectively, they have left a litany of broken promises behind as well.

I applaud the Wests Tigers for firing the first salvo in why the are "no longer interested in J. Schuster" lest it be said that they weren't of that opinion as recent as Friday evening however, their friends in the media will present this sudden change of heart due the incoming coaching team as "going cold" on J. Schuster.
Very interesting!

Genius by Mestrov hey, get rid of Tartak's clients irrespective of talent and start signing below average players that no other club wants, who happen to share the same agent as our coach. This might make the Gutho regrets feel like Christmas day. Well done horsehead, Bravo, what a plan.

I have read many of your posts with interest, you seem to be "clued in" on this particular issue.

Your use of the words "irrespective of talent"; do you believe [that] the removal/release of ANY talent (not solely confined to our Club) is being made on the sole consideration of who they (the player) are managed by OR in turn, sign a player managed by another agent?

Or do you accept the primary role of ANY agent is to ensure maximum consideration is gained for their client, obtained by whatever legal means are available to them?

How do you view Ben Hunts' current "predicament" given he has sought a release from a contract and if the Dragons were to enforce their rights, the player could cause more unrest at the Dragons?

As a Manly supporter how do you believe the "Fainu matter" should be dealt with?

Since being in first grade, the gaffer (Koula) has won just 37% of his games. Ladies and gentlemen, we have our new Brayden Wiliame. He's made 330 tackles, and ready for this - missed 77 haha.

I was just having a quick read of some of your Steve Matai takes in early 2006. Very funny stuff. Not first grade standard got a few goes, he wouldn’t play first grade anywhere else was another stand out.

Tartak players who were/are at Manly:
Moses Suli - released to Saints
Villiame Fifita - released to Saints
Alec Tuitavake - released to Saints
Manase Fainu - incarcerated
Sione Fainu - released to Tigers
Latu Fainu - apparently to be swapped for Tommy Talau from Tigers
Samuela Fainu - may join Sione & Latu at Tigers
Josh Schuster - recently upgraded
Haumole Olakau’atu - recently upgraded
Jason Saab - recently upgraded

Moses players/coaches at Manly
Anthony Seibold
Shane Flanagan - going to Saints next season
Cooper Johns - signed for this season only
Aaron Woods - swapped for Fifita & Tuitavake for this season only
Tommy Talau (apparently on way to club in swap deal for Latu Fainu)

Given Tartak had 10 players on our books at one point, I can’t see the comparison with Moses clients here.

A dark day in Manly history
The 2 Fainu boys we had......should have been a priority.
I wish Latu well and reckon the club has shown poor conduct with these 2 players.
The Fainu family are quality and though we will not have them in Seaeagles colours, I wish them well and know it will come back to haunt us Big time....

I wish Latu well and reckon the club has shown poor conduct with these 2 players.
The Fainu family are quality and though we will not have them in Seaeagles colours, I wish them well and know it will come back to haunt us Big time....

Priority and conduct are a matter of opinion and sometimes, theyare a matter of what serves us best individually and, in a team environment/sport, collectively and they may not be able to achieve the best outcome to satisfy both sides of such an equation.

I assume you mean quality as in football talent quality.

Priority and conduct are a matter of opinion and sometimes, theyare a matter of what serves us best individually and, in a team environment/sport, collectively and they may not be able to achieve the best outcome to satisfy both sides of such an equation.
I know 1 side of the story and the Fainu's live Manly and wanted to be there.....that's all I'll say and I know the family are good people.
I wish Latu well and will be a Superstar player, well exceeding Hynes and Gutho in time....big call yes, but quote me right or wrong in 3 years time .

Yeah im with you on this one. I think he will terrorise us in the years to come.

What I don't understand is how Manly mgt can't seem to plan several years in advance.

DCE is signed to 2025 and Schu signed as the long term 5/8th.

Why did Manly sign Latu for the most lucrative teenage contract in history without a plan?
Or was the plan to piss $$ against the wall training Latu to be a better player only to give the potential payoff to another club?

You are obviously/seemingly more involved in this situation than the rest of us, and I thank you for your input, please keep it coming.

However, I do feel the club, over the last few years especially, has been extremely supportive of the Fainus, to the detriment of our playing roster.

Presumably a change of coach has had an impact to the current situation.

What I don't understand is how Manly mgt can't seem to plan several years in advance.

DCE is signed to 2025 and Schu signed as the long term 5/8th.

Why did Manly sign Latu for the most lucrative teenage contract in history without a plan?
Or was the plan to piss $$ against the wall training Latu to be a better player only to give the potential payoff to another club?
I think this is the result of having a revolving door policy on CEOs over the last few years & letting certain factions with agendas gain footholds within the club.

The club let Api go to focus on Manase - was it the club’s fault he stabbed someone?

The club supported Manase throughout his legal process, re-signing him twice (I believe).

Mestrov seems to be what we’ve been missing over this period so hopefully what he’s doing now will result in good things.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10