Latu Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Personally I wouldn’t call a family quality, when one of the major members of the family is in jail for a very serious crime.
There are countless decent families around the world who have a member who has been charged with a serious crime. You are a deadset goose.

My question to you was in the context of contractual obligation/expectation on that particular issue as I'm very interested in your opinion on both the side of the player and the club.

As for the remainder of your post, I'll choose the subject, matter and information when I post, I'm not in search for qualification or additional information as to how I should present an "argument", your concern though, is duly noted.
No problem, my posts are obviously being fueled by a heightened disappointment at the way our club has been seemingly stumbled from one disaster to the next.

I already provided context on contractual obligation/expectation. But I will do so again

Josh Addo Carr wanted out of the final year of his contract. Melbourne/Bellamy refused unless they were compensated with a top shelf replacement. Consequently, the Fox honoured his contract.

The Dogs wanted to sign the under contract Karl Oloapu, the Broncos demanded $500k.

I was just having a quick read of some of your Steve Matai takes in early 2006. Very funny stuff. Not first grade standard got a few goes, he wouldn’t play first grade anywhere else was another stand out.

Were you looking at just my posts? And for what purpose? I mean, you got the likes you were fishing for I guess. How much time did you spend researching that? Also, there are times players can improve. The question is, how long do you continue with them until or IF that happens?

We've been horse-**** a VERY long time now. How seriously do you want us losing up and coming players to keep the status quo ? A bottom 4-5 team in the league.

I know he'llbe every bit another Olakau'atu. I'm just totally confused about what is going on.
Will be off with his brothers
Not about money
Just want to play footy, it's the worst decision from Manly since I've followed them over 30 years
I still support these boys and wish them the best and have zero grudges to them at all - shame on the Manly heirachy

No problem, my posts are obviously being fueled by a heightened disappointment at the way our club has been seemingly stumbled from one disaster to the next.

I already provided context on contractual obligation/expectation. But I will do so again

Josh Addo Carr wanted out of the final year of his contract. Melbourne/Bellamy refused unless they were compensated with a top shelf replacement. Consequently, the Fox honoured his contract.

The Dogs wanted to sign the under contract Karl Oloapu, the Broncos demanded $500k.

I appreciate the reply, thank you, because it reinforces the difficulty of the current situation.

Using the Josh Addo-Carr example, is it the case that either Latu or Samuela are asking for a release OR have they been allowed to seek offers from other clubs?

I'm inclined to agree with your example of Karl Oloapu, in so far as the Club seeking some form of compensation should either or both players seek a release, to-date, that hasn't been discussed but it is known that the Club will seek some form of compensation should they (the player/s) seek an immediate release.

I, like you, am disappointed at certain aspects of our Club.

Last edited:
Were you looking at just my posts? And for what purpose? I mean, you got the likes you were fishing for I guess. How much time did you spend researching that? Also, there are times players can improve. The question is, how long do you continue with them until or IF that happens?

I’m under 85, so it didn’t take long at all.

I just had a suspicion that you might like writing young players off early.

In your defence though, you probably write most blokes off after an ordinary game, so you’d definitely have gotten some right over the years.

What I don't understand is how Manly mgt can't seem to plan several years in advance.

DCE is signed to 2025 and Schu signed as the long term 5/8th.

Why did Manly sign Latu for the most lucrative teenage contract in history without a plan?
Or was the plan to piss $$ against the wall training Latu to be a better player only to give the potential payoff to another club?
Ditto for Sualli!

I’m under 85, so it didn’t take long at all.

I just had a suspicion that you might like writing young players off early.

In your defence though, you probably write most blokes off after an ordinary game, so you’d definitely have gotten some right over the years.
Aaah, so you were just having a dig to get some of those lovable likes then? Otherwise you'd have looked at both sides, and the players I have backed when others were on their backs ?

But them likes get them endorphins pumping through your precious little heart though.

N

Not 100% but back myself over you

Well, a self confessed expert. I'm sure we'll all come to your esteemed self to get the low down going forward. I admit I get a few wrong, but I'm probably not a big enough wanker to say I'm an expert like that.

You should call the club and let them know who to keep and release mate. We'll be premiership certainties in a manner of weeks !

I wonder if Talau qualifies as a like for like replacement for Turbo. We might be able to front load his contract and effectively save the $350k across the next 2 years salary cap. If we don't get anyone, that free money disappears into thin air.

I appreciate the reply, thank you, because it reinforces the difficulty of the current situation.

Using the Josh Addo-Carr example, is it the case that either Latu or Samuela are asking for a release OR have they been allowed to seek offers from other clubs?

I'm inclined to agree with your example of Karl Oloapu, in so far as the Club seeking some form of compensation should either or both players seek a release, to-date, that hasn't been discussed but it is known that they will be seeking some form of compensation should they want an immediate release.

I, like you, am disappointed at certain aspects of our Club.
No problem. Like I said, my posts are being significantly influenced by my overall disappointment, I have supported this club my entire life. The fact that so many great Manly people have been moved onin the aftermath is probably what has fired me up the most. The other aspect of all this that really gets me in a combative mood is posters casting their negative aspersions upon the Fainu family who are already doing it tough because of what occured with Manaise.

Your initial question didn't deserve my unhinged rant.

Aaah, so you were just having a dig to get some of those lovable likes then? Otherwise you'd have looked at both sides, and the players I have backed when others were on their backs ?

But them likes get them endorphins pumping through your precious little heart though.

Just sharing the endorphin hits around mate, I thought others might enjoy your early Steve Matai takes. Also a little reminder for others to take your vents criticising young players with a grain of salt.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8