Latu Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Personally, I believe the club would have liked to keep the Fainu's. I don't doubt the club believe they will be future stars. However, you can live for tomorrow or you can live for today. As much as I am disappointed to see Sammy and Latu develop elsewhere, we have DCE at a precarious age and need to shoot for a competition this year (doesn't look promising, but still...). I believe the plan was to put an established 6 next to Daly and have a shot now, regardless of whether Latu is going to be a long term option or not.

It's a shame, but that's the reality of the situation. We couldn't do both and hedged our bets on Daly finishing with another title to his name.

I have mentioned before that Latu was on the nose with some of the coaching staff and was stood down from all club commitments early in 2023. Now this could be for a number of reasons including a clash of personalities. I think the club weren't all that upset to see him go.

Whether that comes back to bite us, time will tell.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens at the Tigers in the halves. Galvin is 18 and has shown a lot of promise in his first few NRL games. They then have Luai coming next year.

Where does that leave Latu?

It’ll be interesting to see what happens at the Tigers in the halves. Galvin is 18 and has shown a lot of promise in his first few NRL games. They then have Luai coming next year.

They do have some depth in the spine, thought for me when Luai arrives is Doueihi would play centre, Luai 7, Galvin at 6.

It leaves Latu, Sullivan, Simpkin fighting for the 14.

The game control that Sezer has could be worth another season with Luai.

For me I think Latu, Sullivan could potentially negotiate a release…

WESTS TIGERS​

First-choice: 1 Jahream Bula ($450), 6 Lachlan Galvin ($130k), 7 Aidan Sezer ($300k), 9 Api Koroisau ($650k). Total: $1.53m
Depth: 1 Adam Doueihi ($550k), 6 Latu Fainu ($350k), 7 Jayden Sullivan ($500k), 9 Jake Simpkin ($450k) Total: $1.85m

They do have some depth in the spine, thought for me when Luai arrives is Doueihi would play centre, Luai 7, Galvin at 6.

WESTS TIGERS​

First-choice: 1 Jahream Bula ($450), 6 Lachlan Galvin ($130k), 7 Aidan Sezer ($300k), 9 Api Koroisau ($650k). Total: $1.53m
Depth: 1 Adam Doueihi ($550k), 6 Latu Fainu ($350k), 7 Jayden Sullivan ($500k), 9 Jake Simpkin ($450k) Total: $1.85m
Yea I can’t see Sullivan and Fainu sticking around for long if they only get a bench spot or play reserves.

Re Preston did we ever have him? I know he was a belrose kid but I can not see any record of him playing lower grades with us?

Apart from this

“In under-15s I had a rep game for Manly and didn’t do so well, so I went back to playing school footy,” he explained.

Looking at the timing it also coincides with the period where it can be argued we both started looking outside the area / had our most successful run with players of that age?

WESTS TIGERS​

Latu is on $500k a season at the Tigers.

Yep… I don’t agree with ALL the decisions but at least you can see a method there… for example, clearing out the Tartak-aligned players to get some power back in the club’s hands or bringing Brooks in as low-cost, high-experience half option or bringing in Seibold because he has relationships within the club that he can build with…
I am a lot more positive about our direction since Mestrov came on board… mind you I am not sure we could have sunk any lower after Jersey Gate and the strain that put on what was obviously a bad relationship with Des already…
And why was it a bad relationship with Des?

Well I’m sure he can be stubborn at times, but someone had to be the strongman in a rudderless club, after Humphreys Sr had left.

The club’s umpteenth ‘CEO revolving door moment’ over the last 20 odd years.

Yep… I don’t agree with ALL the decisions but at least you can see a method there… for example, clearing out the Tartak-aligned players to get some power back in the club’s hands or bringing Brooks in as low-cost, high-experience half option or bringing in Seibold because he has relationships within the club that he can build with…
I am a lot more positive about our direction since Mestrov came on board… mind you I am not sure we could have sunk any lower after Jersey Gate and the strain that put on what was obviously a bad relationship with Des already…
Only argument to that re getting power back to the club by clearing Tartak aligned players,is now the club is inundated with Isaac Moses players as well as the coach

Only argument to that re getting power back to the club by clearing Tartak aligned players,is now the club is inundated with Isaac Moses players as well as the coach
Agree that is not ideal but it was not just the player manager that was removed… his internal tentacles were also chopped off and miraculously the media leaks stopped…

And why was it a bad relationship with Des?

Well I’m sure he can be stubborn at times, but someone had to be the strongman in a rudderless club, after Humphreys Sr had left.

The club’s umpteenth ‘CEO revolving door moment’ over the last 20 odd years.
Not sure what caused the rift but Paul Kent’s anti-Manly stories sure have dried up since Des 2.0 left…

As the most expensive player that never played 1st grade.

WESTS TIGERS​

A lot to play out before they make decisions but one thing in there favour is Galvin is a big body that has played a multitude of positions.

If Fainu came in and smashed in, theoretically you could looked at Fainu and Luai in the halves and Galvin at lock.

The main man out to me is Sullivan but 4 year deal at 500k......yikes

Well Tigers need to pay overs and build something with players with potential. No way they field a team of established first graders within the salary cap

A lot to play out before they make decisions but one thing in there favour is Galvin is a big body that has played a multitude of positions.

If Fainu came in and smashed in, theoretically you could looked at Fainu and Luai in the halves and Galvin at lock.

The main man out to me is Sullivan but 4 year deal at 500k......yikes
And Doueihi on 550 k , where are they going to fit him in with the current and likely back line make up and spine in particular

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8