Lets look to the future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevo

First Grader
So more of the same next year i'm guessing??

Not one signing of note for next year so far. Is this likely to change??

We badly need depth in the outside backs. We need a decent 5/8. We need depth in the backrow and we need energy off the bench in the front row.

Forwards.

To me our strongest possible starting pack is as good as any in the competition. (Taupau, Koriasau. Fonua-Blake, Sironen, Thompson and Trebojevic). I could live with our current front row rotation if Kelepi stays fit and his motor gets a little bigger. Paseka seems to be coming along well. We're still 1 short though in my opinion. Our best 2nd rower this year is gone to Parra and Winterstein is depth at best. For me the Jury is out on Thompson. I wonder how he'd be going in a better pack?

Backs.

I'd be letting Taufua and Wright go wherever Uate is off too. That should free up some cash for a couple of decent young blokes. Parker is decent but to me is nothing more than depth. Walker and Kelly are a lock mat centre as long as we can keep them. Suli is a liability. His career will be littered with far more rocks than diamonds.

To me the keepers are

1 Trebojevic
3 Walker
4 Kelly
7. DCE
8. Tapau
9. Koriasau
10. Fonua-Blake
11. Sironen
12. Thompson
13. Trebojevic

15 Paseka
16 Tanginoa

Where do the rest come from? What do you lot think?

Not sure how active we are going to be in the market next year - do we have much cash to splash around. This salary cap issue needs resolution before we can do much I would imagine.

We have a few off contract to free up some cash - but in terms of required squad numbers they still have to be replaced or retained - Brown, Croker, Jetski, Wrights x 2 - so net $$$ position isn't that great anyway

Out of the lot you have listed we have to extend Siro, Tangles and Api and maybe Paseka (not sure if his current contract includes next season). Don't have a problem with retaining any of that 4. I think Paseka has been one of the positives of the back end of this season - he looks like he is trying to make an impact and lift his intensity every game.

Horhay is contracted for next year so unless we can offload him then he will be on the books. Have been a big fan of his in the past, but this year he has struggled with injury and form. Two young, dynamic wingers would be great, one that can cover fullback especially handy. I would have loved to be in the mix for Isaako from Broncs, but he has committed to staying in Brisbane. I like Jade Anderson from the bits and pieces I've seen of him, only concern is that he is a bit small physically (reminds me of Gutho) Suli on a wing may have to be the option if Walker goes back to centre.

A 6, a 6, my kingdom for a 6. That's the key - but who is available ??

Next year is that same as this. Only thing to look forward to is that by the end of 2019 Barrett will finally be ficxkn gone and the morons in charge of the joint will finally realise how badly they fxcked up ever even thinking he was going to work out. What a waste of 4 years that will have been .... and we'll still have to start the rebuild again.

If the game against Easts showed one thing is that our backline is slow and ponderous. We need to pick centres and wingers with pace. We need a 5/8 who runs the ball. Hodko played well in defence yesterday but didn't make one run. Let's see how Walker goes when/if he returns. He showed promise at 5/8.
Tom Wright, as you'll recall if you've read my previous posts about him over the past two years, is very hit or miss. He could still make a good first grader but has to work on his consistency and involvement.
Tevita Funa is a promising centre and I believe he'd handle the step up to first grade. He has all the skills a centre needs. He's solid, but not all bulk like Suli who should be tried in the forwards in the Blacktown side.
I'm disappointed with the obvious fixation by Manly recruiters about size. All through our grades are enormous players. But, again as it showed yesterday, Easts' smaller forwards such as Radley are not intimidated by bulk. They are just as tough and more mobile. Remember Gifty? He didn't have a bodybuilders' physique but he'd take it to the big guys, subdue them then outfox them with pure footballing nous.
Let's try to select a few players with 'footballing' brains and not be blindsided by how much they can lift in a gym.

Next year is that same as this. Only thing to look forward to is that by the end of 2019 Barrett will finally be ficxkn gone and the morons in charge of the joint will finally realise how badly they fxcked up ever even thinking he was going to work out. What a waste of 4 years that will have been .... and we'll still have to start the rebuild again.

What makes you so sure that Barrett will be gone at the end of next year?

Id like coote, play a little 6, fullback, wing but he may cost more than a bucket of kfc. I would like another hooker to make api our bench player, parcell back maybe. Sipley looks to be likely and worth a year. The young hooker could go alright in the future if he has one. Is keep m wright as backup, as he plays fullback as well and was decent at 9

Hasn’t he just signed a three year extension , so by my calculations that’s the end of 2021??
I was hoping that we could afford at least paying him out for one extra year .... IMO if he's here for 5 years they'll be nothing left.

I was hoping that we could afford at least paying him out for one extra year .... IMO if he's here for 5 years they'll be nothing left.

Well that’s up to the Penn’s, and given they won’t spend a cent more than the minimum you can bet a million dollar payout to “ sack the coach “ will be the furthest thing from their mind.

Id like coote, play a little 6, fullback, wing but he may cost more than a bucket of kfc. I would like another hooker to make api our bench player, parcell back maybe. Sipley looks to be likely and worth a year. The young hooker could go alright in the future if he has one. Is keep m wright as backup, as he plays fullback as well and was decent at 9
Haha yeah I agree re: Coote

No one will like this but I reckon this backline would be mint

Coote
Taufua
Kelly
Trebojevic
Parker
Walker
DCE

Haha yeah I agree re: Coote

No one will like this but I reckon this backline would be mint

Coote
Taufua
Kelly
Trebojevic
Parker
Walker
DCE

Yep, your right - don't like it, and besides wont happen as we would need to sign a player - who would, a coote wouldn't

I think we need another top tier backrower, a DECENT half (croker Walker or wright arnt the answer for the next 2 seasons) and we need a back line overhaul.. Tom needs to focus on being a fullback and stop trying to be a second 5/8, all our wingers are complete garbage ATM (love tafua but he's been done for the last 3 seasons) and I'm 50/50 on Kelly.. Got speed and a good step, but god were missing an enforcer, matai type in the back line.. There's absolutely no fear for anyone playing manly once they step past the forwards or Jake..

The first thing we need without a doubt is third party agreements and a lot of them.
Look at the broncos up and coming players. Roosters just keep signing teams of players at will.

I'm dismayed that daddy Penn can't get us tpas or even have a company in someone else's name for this exact reason.

The CEO (not coach), need to get The Penn's in. They need to have 30 contracts placed on a desk with each player's name on it, with everyone in attendance.

Each player needs to go up to the table, and hand their contract to Gorman if they want to be here. Alternatively, they need to immediately tear it up, and just leave the place if they are here for just the money.

Either you want to have some pride, and rip in for the club, each other, the fans, the coach and our legacy, or it's time for them to just **** right off.

I no longer have loyalty to these players. I love my club, but this mob are destroying the legacy the Stewart's, Watmough, Ballin, Orford, Lyon, Matai types built.

Clearly these players have 0 accountability.

Koroisau stays as starting 9. He has shown his combo with Daly, Turbos and Taupau are destructive and well developed plus on a side he is one of the best 9s in the comp. Parcell was overrated didn't run the ball and was very lacklustre in creativity. No thanks.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8