Lets look to the future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
1 T Trbojevic
3 Walker
4 Kelly
7 Cherry-Evans
8 Fonua-Blake
9 Koroisau
10 Taupau
11 Thompson
12 Sironen
13 J Trbojevic

14 Fainu* Pending result of his scandal
17 Paseka

We have a good core side, a team of stars without a space to hold it together. Last year it was Green. Our forward pack at full strength along with Api hunting around the offloads is great and can match it with any pack. What we lack is try scorers, we have zero good wingers with speed and skill. We also lack a five-eight and we have tried everyone we have within the club and all have failed, Walker is a good stop gap 6 but not long term. We need to hit the market and sign a good long term 6. Once we have a 6 it will take pressure off of DCE and also Toms game will be relaxed and go up a level as he can focus being a fullback not doing everything in attack at fullback and be a 6.

Manly need to have a young side with a few experienced heads in there. We need to see some enthusiasm!! We look a beaten side apart from a few blokes out there.

Manly need to have a young side with a few experienced heads in there. We need to see some enthusiasm!! We look a beaten side apart from a few blokes out there.

Hasn’t he just signed a three year extension , so by my calculations that’s the end of 2021??
I'm going to need counseling if this keeps up, I'm too old to cope with another three years of this sh*t, I've never seen a Manly side capitulate like this mob, some of those tries were like training runs through witches hats, could anyone imagine this team falling apart like this in defence if Bellamy was our coach, on paper this isn't such a bad side, we're lacking structure and discipline and our current coaching staff don't possess the ability to coach that into us, I've been a Manly supporter for the best part of seventy years and I've never felt so depressed about our immediate or long term prospects, keep this up and we're playing right into Toddy's plans for relocation or culling of Sydney teams.

I like what I have seen of Sipley so far and hope we persevere with him. Runs hard, makes post contact metres, and was it him that threw an offload for the last try yesterday ?

Not many would, but I would be keeping Matt Wright. Not as a front liner, but in a squad of 30, he is pretty good cover when injuries hit and you're down to 3rd and 4th choices for Fullback, Wing and centre

This comp is extremely fickle, an extremely similar group to this one made the finals last year, the major issue we have is depth, and when injuries it, that is where we struggle.
It only takes little things to go your way, and suddenly you're back in the game, Souths and Saints are 2 examples of that this season

So more of the same next year i'm guessing??

Not one signing of note for next year so far. Is this likely to change??

We badly need depth in the outside backs. We need a decent 5/8. We need depth in the backrow and we need energy off the bench in the front row.

Forwards.

To me our strongest possible starting pack is as good as any in the competition. (Taupau, Koriasau. Fonua-Blake, Sironen, Thompson and Trebojevic). I could live with our current front row rotation if Kelepi stays fit and his motor gets a little bigger. Paseka seems to be coming along well. We're still 1 short though in my opinion. Our best 2nd rower this year is gone to Parra and Winterstein is depth at best. For me the Jury is out on Thompson. I wonder how he'd be going in a better pack?

Backs.

I'd be letting Taufua and Wright go wherever Uate is off too. That should free up some cash for a couple of decent young blokes. Parker is decent but to me is nothing more than depth. Walker and Kelly are a lock mat centre as long as we can keep them. Suli is a liability. His career will be littered with far more rocks than diamonds.

To me the keepers are

1 Trebojevic
3 Walker
4 Kelly
7. DCE
8. Tapau
9. Koriasau
10. Fonua-Blake
11. Sironen
12. Thompson
13. Trebojevic

15 Paseka
16 Tanginoa

Where do the rest come from? What do you lot think?
Pretty much spot on for mine

I honestly don't see Manly being different until we have a new owner or at least part owners. In league like soccer money talks.

This game is more professional now then when we were silvertails. With clubs who have an entire states players / sponsors as competitors.

For many years now we keep hearing Manly is a poor badly resourced club.

If a finances aren't in order, being a club relegated to Intrust Super is not ridiculous.

Frankly is anyone confident if we played the Intrust Super premiers that we would get a win?

Just watched 100% footy and Beaver and Cliffy were on in a great interview.
They were asked about things atm and beaver recounted how things were grim when he started and how it is so satisfying when you fight yourself out of it.
Gus said if you are around long enough you're going to get tough times.
True.
But our problem is the current owner is not funding the club adequately or passionate enough, I don't know which.
Or even what their agenda is.
F*ck I wish we had some communication from them.
The difference between us and Souffs is that the Gladiator loves what he has.
F*cked if I know what these blokes love.
Cause you don't hear anything...

Last edited:
Just watched 100% footy and Beaver and Cliffy were on in a great interview.
They were asked about things atm and beaver recounted how things were grim when he started and how it is so satisfying when you fight yourself out of it.
Gus said if you are around long enough you're going to get tough times.
True.
But our problem is the current owner is not funding the club adequately or passionate enough, I don't know which.
Or even what their agenda is.
F*ck I wish we had some communication from them.
The difference between us and Souffs is that the Gladiator loves what he has.
F*cked if I know what these blokes love.
Cause you don't hear anything...

You don’t hear anything because we are sausage roll eating nufties!!

The great Zth told us so, and you can’t get any closer to the top than that!!

We are simply a neccesary evil, meaningless at best who only help a little on the bottom line.

But when you don’t give a **** about the bottom line you certainly don’t give a **** about the sausage roll eaters!!

By the way @The Wheel my above comments aren’t aimed at the skeleton staff, who I know are trying their best to engage the fans.

The comments are aimed at those that sit at the very top of the tree AND their lackey ZtH.

Not too sure how the level of overall staff numbers can influence the on field level of performance of any N R L side . That essentially same Manly side on Sunday with the main exception of Walker played with an intensity and desire that absolutely pushed the Roosters and probably should have beaten them only a couple of months or so ago . Sure the Roosters may have lifted their tempo a bit since then but the drop off in commitment and urgency from Manly was the more noticeable thing . Again if there is a player to player comparison with the Roosters apart from a few backline positions at present , Manly on paper are still quite competitive and as still applies against all current N R L sides . Consistency was a major problem for the side last season and has only compounded this season , that seems to be problem number one. and both a serious player and coaching issue regardless of any current staffing numbers ..

• 🏆
Reactions: Sue
So more of the same next year i'm guessing??

Not one signing of note for next year so far. Is this likely to change??

We badly need depth in the outside backs. We need a decent 5/8. We need depth in the backrow and we need energy off the bench in the front row.

Forwards.

To me our strongest possible starting pack is as good as any in the competition. (Taupau, Koriasau. Fonua-Blake, Sironen, Thompson and Trebojevic). I could live with our current front row rotation if Kelepi stays fit and his motor gets a little bigger. Paseka seems to be coming along well. We're still 1 short though in my opinion. Our best 2nd rower this year is gone to Parra and Winterstein is depth at best. For me the Jury is out on Thompson. I wonder how he'd be going in a better pack?

Backs.

I'd be letting Taufua and Wright go wherever Uate is off too. That should free up some cash for a couple of decent young blokes. Parker is decent but to me is nothing more than depth. Walker and Kelly are a lock mat centre as long as we can keep them. Suli is a liability. His career will be littered with far more rocks than diamonds.

To me the keepers are

1 Trebojevic
3 Walker
4 Kelly
7. DCE
8. Tapau
9. Koriasau
10. Fonua-Blake
11. Sironen
12. Thompson
13. Trebojevic

15 Paseka
16 Tanginoa

Where do the rest come from? What do you lot think?
I don't think Suli is a liability at all. He would be one winger with Jade Anderson the other. I'd start 2019 with Hodkinson at 7 partnering DCE at 6 until we find a solution to our 5/8 position. If Sironen stays healthy then our pack is right up there. It's a nice balance for sure. As for the reserves I'd add Tom Wright as utility & Sipley. That would make a great bench. T Wright can cover Center, 5/8, Wing with Hodkinson moving to Hooker if required. Sironen can also cover 5/8 & Lock.

Tom T
M Suli
D Walker
B Kelly
J Anderson
DCE
Hodkinson
AFB
Koroisau
Taupau
Sironen
Thompson
Jake T

Res: T Wright, K Tanginoa, T Paseka, T Sipley.

I don't think Suli is a liability at all. He would be one winger with Jade Anderson the other. I'd start 2019 with Hodkinson at 7 partnering DCE at 6 until we find a solution to our 5/8 position. If Sironen stays healthy then our pack is right up there. It's a nice balance for sure. As for the reserves I'd add Tom Wright as utility & Sipley. That would make a great bench. T Wright can cover Center, 5/8, Wing with Hodkinson moving to Hooker if required. Sironen can also cover 5/8 & Lock.

Tom T
M Suli
D Walker
B Kelly
J Anderson
DCE
Hodkinson
AFB
Koroisau
Taupau
Sironen
Thompson
Jake T

Res: T Wright, K Tanginoa, T Paseka, T Sipley.

Suli needs to lose around 30 kilos this off season. I'm afraid with the glutton Ferris, that's just not going to happen. In my opinion:

Suli
Jake T
Joel T
M Wright

all look well overweight this season. They look like they are truly lacking conditioning (Jake plays well above that though).

Suli was a fast, slim, machine at The Tigers, which is why he was highly sought after. At Manly, he's slow, immobile, can't make line breaks, lacks in lateral defense. In fact, I wouldn't even be offering him a contract.

I like the thread but very tough to answer until the outcome of this Salary crap stuff.
Need some changes in players and an overhaul in general.
I think some tough old boys with hard heads like Tooves and even Ronnie Gibbs need to be mixed into the training and try build back some of the Manly steel that's gone missing when the going gets tough.

Suli needs to lose around 30 kilos this off season. I'm afraid with the glutton Ferris, that's just not going to happen. In my opinion:

Suli
Jake T
Joel T
M Wright

all look well overweight this season. They look like they are truly lacking conditioning (Jake plays well above that though).

Suli was a fast, slim, machine at The Tigers, which is why he was highly sought after. At Manly, he's slow, immobile, can't make line breaks, lacks in lateral defense. In fact, I wouldn't even be offering him a contract.
So with the right trainers taking him under their wing he could again become a fast, slim machine so why get rid of him. Get rid of Ferris for a start & get Donny Singe back! I'm sure Suli would benefit greatly under Singe & in turn the club also.

I'm surprised no-one is mentioning Tevita Funa for next season. He is in our top 30 this year.
If you've seen him play you'll know he is a centre with pace and skill. He's not some bulked-up bully trying to run over people, and he won't get shown up for pace by opposition centres.
A centre should be fast and evasive. Kelly is OK but Suli is not built for the position. That should be obvious when you check how many tries he has scored. Give him a run at second row in reserve grade; he may make it there because today's second rowers don't seem to need much more than toughness.
Oh for the days when backrowers played like Beaver.

I'm surprised no-one is mentioning Tevita Funa for next season. He is in our top 30 this year.
If you've seen him play you'll know he is a centre with pace and skill. He's not some bulked-up bully trying to run over people, and he won't get shown up for pace by opposition centres.
A centre should be fast and evasive. Kelly is OK but Suli is not built for the position. That should be obvious when you check how many tries he has scored. Give him a run at second row in reserve grade; he may make it there because today's second rowers don't seem to need much more than toughness.
Haven "t seen him play at all this season with the 20 "s comp no longer being televised . Definitely seemed a promising player last season but thought that he could have done with an extra yard in pace . Would be good if he has gained a little more pace this season , big step up to i st grade but he has regularly been in the extended i st grade Manly squad this season so must be doing something right so far for this season . Presume that he is still on Manly "s books for next season and no doubt will get his opportunity to come into i st grade contention then .

... also surprised Funa wasn't even mentioned in despatches ..... also do you know the status of that big rangey lock/2nd rower from the 20's last year ... #11 in the final .... think he got injured early preseason??

Everyone has Jade Anderson and Tevita Funa in the top grade next year but neither are getting a crack at the moment which means they are way down the pecking order when you consider the injuries we have had.

2. Taufua
3. Kelly
4. Walker
5. Uate

Suli
Parker
Wright
Wright
Funa
Anderson

They are not the answer

Latest posts