Liam knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Keep Juniors at clubs Papa is what I'm saying. Create more Menzies, Lockyer, Hindmarsh type of players.

What is a Restricted Free Agent in the NHL?

A player who has completed his entry-level contract, but does not have enough NHL service to become an unrestricted free agent. This player qualifies as a restricted free agent when his contract expires.

What's an Offer Sheet, and what happens when a Restricted Free Agent signs it?

An offer sheet is a contract negotiated between an NHL team and a restricted free agent on another team. It includes all the terms of a standard player contract, including length, salary, bonuses, etc.

When a player signs an offer sheet with a new team, his current team is notified. That team has the right to "match" the offer sheet with an identical contract, and keep the player. Or it can decline and let the player join the new team under the terms of the offer sheet.

The original team has seven days to make its decision.

Can a team trade a Restricted Free Agent who has signed an Offer Sheet?

No. Once an offer sheet has been signed, the original team has only two options: match the offer or let the player go.

Can a team match an Offer Sheet and then trade the player?

No. If the original team chooses to “match” the offer sheet, the player cannot be traded for one year.

Is there compensation for an NHL team that loses a Restricted Free Agent on an Offer Sheet?

Yes. The team that declines the offer sheet and loses the player receives draft picks from the player’s new team.

Compensation for losing a restricted free agent is on a sliding scale, depending on how much the new contract is worth. The exact numbers change every year.

The numbers as of 2011:
- A team signing a restricted free agent to a contract worth more than $7,835,219 per season loses four first-round draft picks to the player's old team.

- For a contract with an annual value of at least $6,268,176, the acquiring team gives up two first-round picks, one second-round pick, and one third-round pick.
- There are another four levels of compensation, going down to a contract worth up to $1,034,249 per year, for which there is no compensation.

Can an NHL Restricted Free Agent sign an Offer Sheet if he is awaiting Salary Arbitration?

No. A player going to salary arbitration is effectively off the market.

He can only continue negotiations with his current team, or go to arbitration.

What is a Qualifying Offer?

A contract offer extended to a restricted free agent by his current team. By making a qualifying offer, an NHL team maintains the player's status as a restricted free agent, even if the qualifying offer is rejected.

If the qualifying offer is not made by the current team, the player becomes an unrestricted free agent, free to sign with any NHL team.

- Players who earned less than $660,000 in the previous NHL season must be offered at least 110 percent of last season's salary in a qualifying offer.

- Players who earned up to $1 million must be offered 105 percent.
- Players who earned over $1 million must be offered 100 percent.

Why is December 1 a pivotal date for restricted free agents?

A restricted free agent who does not sign a new contract by December 1 becomes ineligible to play for the rest of the season. It's essentially a deadline for contract negotiations that drag into the new season.

So is it safe to say we also need a draft? Otherwise you could see clubs like the roosters abusing this

So is it safe to say we also need a draft? Otherwise you could see clubs like the roosters abusing this

Yeah mate...I really do. It would also give teams like Parramatta a leg up. An opportunity to draft The Greg Inglis, Israel Falou types as they were made available at a young age.

Unfortunately (well, fortunately) for us, we are a very strong, heavyweight club, so draft day would never been ideal, unless we traded a rental player to another team, or made a trade for a top end draft pick.

Imagine when Foran was dribbling his **** last year, we were able to trade him to Parramatta for their 1st round draft pick. Everyone is happy then.

That said, I think developing juniors is still the way to go. Teams like The Redwings have remained string for SO long, because of how they embrace their junior system.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
Sorry, a draft also evens out a competition. This could then loosen the reliance on the salary cap to do that alone, meaning the NRL (by all rights, and if they DON'T spend so much on ****ing marketing) should pay the clubs 3-4 million each more, thus increwasing the cap, retaining the players, and acquiring outside talent like the big name Union players.

Yeah mate...I really do. It would also give teams like Parramatta a leg up. An opportunity to draft The Greg Inglis, Israel Falou types as they were made available at a young age.

Unfortunately (well, fortunately) for us, we are a very strong, heavyweight club, so draft day would never been ideal, unless we traded a rental player to another team, or made a trade for a top end draft pick.

Imagine when Foran was dribbling his **** last year, we were able to trade him to Parramatta for their 1st round draft pick. Everyone is happy then.

That said, I think developing juniors is still the way to go. Teams like The Redwings have remained string for SO long, because of how they embrace their junior system.
Touching in on the Red Wings drafting ,they hold their rookies back also,never bleeding them too early.That is the key too their success,they never rush development .No other team does this .

Sorry, a draft also evens out a competition. This could then loosen the reliance on the salary cap to do that alone, meaning the NRL (by all rights, and if they DON'T spend so much on ****ing marketing) should pay the clubs 3-4 million each more, thus increwasing the cap, retaining the players, and acquiring outside talent like the big name Union players.

Why on Gods green earth do you want an even competition?
Best Grand Final in the History of the world was 40-0
Let the well run clubs power on and the basket cases like Parra dissappear into irrelavance.
Their are at least 6 Franchises in the wings ready to step in. Granted one of those is Norths, but what the hey, say 6)

Touching in on the Red Wings drafting ,they hold their rookies back also,never bleeding them too early.That is the key too their success,they never rush development .No other team does this .

That's why our club would be like them. We have a knack of blooding absolutely amazing young players (like Liam Knight @Pappa Knight :) )

If he's considering leaving (for whatever reason), then Manly should focus their time, effort and money on assets that ARE planning on sticking around.
Adding the word "if" was a great start Ryan, but then you spoilt it by saying "considering".

Even Beaver considered Parra's offer. If we'd followed your rule, he'd have never won a premiership. He considered it and ultimately decided to play for Manly for less money.

Adding the word "if" was a great start Ryan, but then you spoilt it by saying "considering".

Even Beaver considered Parra's offer. If we'd followed your rule, he'd have never won a premiership. He considered it and ultimately decided to play for Manly for less money.

Yes, yes, stop brown nosing. Your lips are getting sloppy with poop. If you want players here vocally being undecided or non committed (especially after what we have witnessed over the last few years) then more power to you.

Your arguing semantics because you want to side with a players old man.

Fact: I clearly explained it was opinion, and Papa then claimed that I was stating it as fact, and you know he was wrong, but thought what he said was funny. Again, brown tonguing.

Fact: You saw what happens to a club with players who want clearing of the air meetings, and being undecided about wanting or not wanting to be here. Your supporting more of that. Go for your life.

You find what he said as funny, huh?

EDIT: And Bozo (and Arko) are now pulling the strings at this club again. Watch what happens when players aren't committed 100% - and btw, that doesn't include Liam Knight. Hope the kid becomes a legend like Jake Trb is going to become, and for a long time. He's one of ours.

Yes, yes, stop brown nosing. Your lips are getting sloppy with poop. If you want players here vocally being undecided or non committed (especially after what we have witnessed over the last few years) then more power to you.

Your arguing semantics because you want to side with a players old man.

Fact: I clearly explained it was opinion, and Papa then claimed that I was stating it as fact, and you know he was wrong, but thought what he said was funny. Again, brown tonguing.

Fact: You saw what happens to a club with players who want clearing of the air meetings, and being undecided about wanting or not wanting to be here. Your supporting more of that. Go for your life.

You find what he said as funny, huh?

EDIT: And Bozo (and Arko) are now pulling the strings at this club again. Watch what happens when players aren't committed 100%.
wtf? Ryan, I must've missed what Pappa said to you 'cause I have no idea what you're talking about. Are you on drugs?

Back to the actual point I made. If we'd followed your logic on ceasing negotiations with players "considering" another offer, then we would not have signed Beaver and he would never have won a premiership.

Last edited:
Thanks Papa Knight for coming on to clear things up a little. I thought the situation was as you have now stated. Mind you I also thought you were in a tricky situation because you cant preempt Liam's decision and its difficult for you to say too much when negotiations are probably either happening or soon to happen. Just let him know we all want him to stay, but if he chooses not to, I'm sure most of us understand that in the end its business and we all have to take care of our future.

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
@Pappa Knight kudos for coming on here and having your say,especially now with all this conjecture going on about your 'boof head'(your words not mine!) of a son.
for what its worth, i hope manly & liam come to an agreement to ensure he stays long term
Im also rapt pappa knight coming on with his say but ease it up on his trophys hey.

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
Fact: I clearly explained it was opinion, and Papa then claimed that I was stating it as fact, and you know he was wrong

Why not just apologise for jumping the gun? Maybe you always intended it as opinion but at the time it came across as you stating a fact, because of your words in quotes like these!

Remember what I said late last year guys - gooorrrn

To have some kid that has achieved nothing claim he's speaking to a number of clubs, and that he'll let his manager sort it out, when it already has pisses me off

I think it's an NRL problem, not an individual bloke problem (unless they lie and misguide during the negotiation in public like Foran did, and Knight is now - when people know he's already signed

Not about to. Already done deal. They just want him released because he doesn't want to be a forgotten entity this year.

Another Foran, as I said. Annoys me to read BS PR articles. You want out...piss off.

Not about to. Already done deal. They just want him released because he doesn't want to be a forgotten entity this year.

Another Foran, as I said. Annoys me to read BS PR articles. You want out...piss off.

How did liam hurt his ankle papa?
There are two parts to this story.
Liam's ankle is ok, but unfortunately, for the curb that put itself in a dangerous position trying to slow the progress of the Sea Eagle powerhouse, reconstruction was necessary and it will now live it's life with two metal rods inserted.:)

(it is still the off season)

wtf? Ryan, I must've missed what Pappa said to you 'cause I have no idea what you're talking about. Are you on drugs?

Back to the actual point I made. If we'd followed your logic on ceasing negotiations with players "considering" another offer, then we would not have signed Beaver and he would never have won a premiership.

Then your completely missing my point..although I think it's very clear, and without drawing pictures for you, don't know what I can say to help you comprehend it.

In Menzies book (which I have read twice) he mentions that no-one really knew, BUT they made an offer, and he was never going to "ever" leave The Sea Eagles. Numerous times he explains how he would never play against our team.

That's vastly different to coming out in the media and stating he is talking to various teams. I understand you don't get that, but it's VERY different.

Secondly, Beaver had runs on the board. PLENTY of runs. For you to liken Knight, who has a sum total of 0 games in the NRL, compared to Beaver, who was being offered a marquee contract to leave is ridiculous.

You support the team your way Rex. I'll support them my way. I prefer loyalty, passion for the jersey & club, and togetherness. If you want to celebrate the dismantling of our club (coach and players) by people who distabilised the place (including DCE, yes) over the past 24 months, then so be it.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10