Liam knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Rex

Bencher
Lol, didn't we finish this conversation, kiss and make-up like 10 hours ago?

You on the drink or something mate? Or just feel like a round 2, or something?

Sorry to disappoint. You ain't going to get it from me.
Just stating the facts Ryan. You make yourself appear soft as when you fire cannons and whinge about being touched by feathers.

Pappa said something about me that I laughed off in good humour. Then he corrected it to be about you and you instigate a Spanish inquisition.

Just makes you look soft.

Ryan

Journey Man
Just stating the facts Ryan. You make yourself appear soft as when you fire cannons and whinge about being touched by feathers.

Pappa said something about me that I laughed off in good humour. Then he corrected it to be about you and you instigate a Spanish inquisition.

Just makes you look soft.

Mate, let it go. Move on - hahahaha. Like I say, we finished this convo almost 12 hours ago. Are you ok?

If you calling me soft makes you a happy little camper, then soft I am. Is that what you need?

LOL. Not much else I can do really. Is it a second or third apology, a hug, money, booze - let me know, and I'll be there for you champion.

Rex

Bencher
I can see why you'd want to finish this conversation Ryan when you full-on abused me based on a lie and then made a fairly pathetic partial apology for a small part of that.

That's a hit and run tactic. Man up Ryan.

Or not. Up to you.

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
Look, I haven't read all these preceding posts but I did pick up on what riled @Ryan in the first place.

I believe the first thing any "professional" player should be taught is not to discuss contracts. This talk almost always benefits the journo to the detriment of the player. We saw more of this at Manly in the last year than I can ever remember.

The correct response should always be: "I've left any contract negotiations in the hands of my manager (implying: he's big, bad and ugly enough - go talk to him if you're game). I've got a big season ahead of me here at [enter club name] and that's where my focus lies."

Edit: grammar correction

Last edited:

Ryan

Journey Man
Look, I haven't read all these preceding posts but I did pick up on what riled @Ryan in the first place.

I believe the first thing any "professional" player should be taught is not to discuss contracts. This talk almost always benefits the journo to the detriment of the player. We saw more of this at Manly in the last year than I can ever remember.

The correct response should always be: "I've left any contract negotiations in the hands of my manager (implying: he's big, bad and ugly enough - go talk to him if your game). I've got a big season ahead of me here at [enter club name] and that's where my focus lies."

Exactly. The Americans do it really, really well. It's a rare thing when a player discusses wanting to move - see Jonathan Drouin.

Ryan

Journey Man
@Rex ok, now I know your taking the piss. Yeah, you got me. I bit. I actually thought you were being serious there for a minute....didn't seem very normal...

LOL. I've been Punked, by @Rex

Rex

Bencher
You can skirt round it all you want Ryan. Doesn't make it go away.

If sincere, you'll have a look at the huge, gaping difference between how you treat others and how you demand others to treat you. And then toughen up.

If I said a small fraction of the things about you that you wrote about me, I know I could expect a novel sized response full of outrage.

Ryan

Journey Man
You can skirt round it all you want Ryan. Doesn't make it go away.

If sincere, you'll have a look at the huge, gaping difference between how you treat others and how you demand others to treat you. And then toughen up.

If I said a small fraction of the things about you that you wrote about me, I know I could expect a novel sized response full of outrage.

No worries Rex. You do what you gotta do legend. Do what makes you happy, because it appears you need something to take your mind off me?

End of the day, you laughed at what you thought was something to do with youself, when it had my name all over it. When you said that you werent relating it to me, I apologised.

Just get over it. I won't be discussing this with you any further. Your starting to sound a little crazy like that Habib Eagle man.

Rex

Bencher
No worries Rex. You do what you gotta do legend. Do what makes you happy, because it appears you need something to take your mind off me?

End of the day, you laughed at what you thought was something to do with youself, when it had my name all over it. When you said that you werent relating it to me, I apologised.

Just get over it. I won't be discussing this with you any further. Your starting to sound a little crazy like that Habib Eagle man.
Again, you avoid the issue Ryan. No surprise there.

You have taken major offence with three people today (at least) in this thread. Me, Pappa and SER8. All about nothing. There was nothing to get offended about in any of the posts. You've got a hair trigger where you take personal offence at the slightest hint of disapproval - even when it isn't there. And then by habit you go on abusive rants at the supposed persecutors.

I like you Ryan, I enjoy your enthusiasm for the team, but geez you can be high maintenance sometimes.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I think Papa Knight has every right to dislike posts like anyone else, particularly if they are not true & about his son, personally I would be filthy about it & think he handled it with class.
Personally think Knight will become a great player regardless of where he plays...hopefully at Manly.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
and I have every right to think that it's a little bit pathetic to come on here and get precious about something that wasn't even intended to be a criticism of his son. I was simply giving an opinion that regardless of what happens with Liam (where he signs), Manly will be fine; that's quite a reasonable opinion to hold.

As far as "filthy" and "handled it with class"...I don't know what you mean? are you referring to the correspondence between Papa and other members of the forum, because that has nothing to do with me...I haven't said anything that could be construed as offensive.

Hitting the dislike button is hardly being precious. Doing a song and dance about someone using the dislike button is far more precious than someone using it.

I got branded a troll before by Ryan for pointing out his serial pessimism but I'm not whining about it.

Clint

Tipping Member
Hitting the dislike button is hardly being precious. Doing a song and dance about someone using the dislike button is far more precious than someone using it.

I got branded a troll before by Ryan for pointing out his serial pessimism but I'm not whining about it.
Hey - I got rated 'dummy spit' by @Ryan for trying to promote the footy tipping comp .........and I am having a whinge about it. ;) .............................
ok I'm over it now..:party::party::party:

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
where should I pin the medal?

I'd like to enjoy watching Liam play for Manly this season without having to think about how his Dad made an account with a picture of himself and his boy and disliked peoples very reasonable opinions on the basis that they aren't championing his son as the messiah...it's kinda pathetic.
A bit over the top Snake - seriosuly mate this isn't like you. I don't think having a pic with his son as an avatar has anything to do with the issue? He is a proud dad and I think that's great. If we all got upset whenever anyone used the dislike button half the posts on here would be about that. I know I've copped my fair share @;)

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Got to be honest...as much as it is a cliche as long as you are happy with what you post then really does it matter what anyone else thinks? As long as you are respectful of others and their opinion the rest really takes care of it self

Snake

Snake's Alive!
A bit over the top Snake - seriosuly mate this isn't like you. I don't think having a pic with his son as an avatar has anything to do with the issue? He is a proud dad and I think that's great. If we all got upset whenever anyone used the dislike button half the posts on here would be about that. I know I've copped my fair share @;)
I am not upset, I probably just don't like what it implied more than anything...it's smacks a bit of "my precious boy"...I am looking forward to watching Liam play for Manly, and every time he takes a hit up I don't wanna be reminded of his Dad coming on here getting into arguments with Ryan.

It's all good! Not the end of the world haha.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18