Liam Knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Nice analysis, but we have plenty of post contact meters (PCM) in our current side and we did in 2018 as well.
Liams lack of those meters maybe offset by faster play the ball speed (PBS)?

My opinion, and its worth **** all I know, is that PCM is diminishing in importance for PBS. Will be an interesting 2019.

Where does PMS fit in to this?

Nice analysis, but we have plenty of post contact meters (PCM) in our current side and we did in 2018 as well.
Liams lack of those meters maybe offset by faster play the ball speed (PBS)?

My opinion, and its worth **** all I know, is that PCM is diminishing in importance for PBS. Will be an interesting 2019.
Have to politely disagree.

Post contact metres directly affect play-the-ball speed because the referees afford leeway to the dominant party. That is, if you make strong contact as a defender and dominate the ruck, you can hold the player down for longer. If you bend the line, make post contact metres and land on your stomach (which generally happens when you are moving in a forward direction), the referee allows you to rise and play-the-ball quicker.

Additionally, post contact metres attract additional defenders, which leaves the defensive line stressed and scattered, creating opportunities for attackers. We were wooden spoon contenders last year because of our defence; our attack was strong and we scored lots of points, even when we were comprehensively beaten.

Jason Taumalolo is the post contact metre king and before last night's injury, many were tipping him to have the biggest year of his career.

Once a dark Knight, Liam prepares to face the club that saved him
By Christian Nicolussi - SMH

Liam Knight stood in one of the back streets of Darlinghurst this week, trying to catch some morning sun before a South Sydney recovery session.

You stroll up to him, stand on top of a gutter so you're at eye level with the baby-faced front-rower, then eventually ask: "Did you really spray Aerogard in your mouth when pulled over for an RBT?"

"Honestly, I heard about that story on the news the next day because I didn't even remember. I was that much of a mess,'' Knight tells the Herald.

"It wasn't the best time in my life. I was doing a lot of stupid things away from footy and taking a lot of things for granted. It took me a couple of years to realise this opportunity won't stick around if I don't pull my head in."

For anyone interested, story continues at link: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/on...-the-club-that-saved-him-20190517-p51od7.html

Once a dark Knight, Liam prepares to face the club that saved him
By Christian Nicolussi - SMH

Liam Knight stood in one of the back streets of Darlinghurst this week, trying to catch some morning sun before a South Sydney recovery session.

You stroll up to him, stand on top of a gutter so you're at eye level with the baby-faced front-rower, then eventually ask: "Did you really spray Aerogard in your mouth when pulled over for an RBT?"

"Honestly, I heard about that story on the news the next day because I didn't even remember. I was that much of a mess,'' Knight tells the Herald.

"It wasn't the best time in my life. I was doing a lot of stupid things away from footy and taking a lot of things for granted. It took me a couple of years to realise this opportunity won't stick around if I don't pull my head in."

For anyone interested, story continues at link: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/on...-the-club-that-saved-him-20190517-p51od7.html

That first line has me imagining Batman spraying aeroguard in his mouth

Thanks @EaglesDontTweet...interesting article. Sounds like Liam's woken up and grown up. Just wish he'd done that when at Manly and may have still been with us.
Thanks @ALinda. We all recognised Liam's ability and were disappointed to lose him at the time, but maybe, just maybe, the tough love Manly showed him back then pushed him out of his comfort zone and on the path to realizing his obvious potential. I'd be fine with that*.

*edit pending if Liam is ever a Churchill medal winner in a Grand Final against us.:)

Good that the kid seems to be doing well on and off the field. Shame it’s not with us, but it’s just a game. The more important thing is he seems to have turned it around before it’s too late. So many don’t. Agree it would be heartbreaking to lose a GF with him in the other side!!

Good that the kid seems to be doing well on and off the field. Shame it’s not with us, but it’s just a game. The more important thing is he seems to have turned it around before it’s too late. So many don’t. Agree it would be heartbreaking to lose a GF with him in the other side!!
Happened with JWH, the only other young forward I regret us letting go.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8