Likely team for Rd 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Elliott
Parker
Suli
Garrick
Jorge

Is lambs to the slaughter stuff. Bedsweats and blindfolds game day.No amount of sugar coating and positive talk can hide that. Coaching can only achieve so much.

Tom and Dylan are our stars and we need them as most clubs need their stars.We had injuries last year but other than Dylan the real guns ( DCE Turbots Marty AFB Thommo) played almost every game

The real hope is that Garrick fulfils his likely promise, Dylan survives and Hoppa is as good as we think

Turbo Jorge Garrick Walker Hopoate has so much potential.
Seems like Round 1 will test the depth straight up. Turbo, Walker, Tangles and Paseka out. God help us if we suffer anymore injuries in this weekends trial. Maybe Des should just front up with the BWSE team and cut his losses. Do we have anything to lose by giving young Hoppa a shot on the wing instead of Parker ? At least he can provide cover at fullback if Elliot goes down.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
As things stand right now with no Turbo, no Walker and presumably no Api, my tip for the team that runs out onto Leichhardt for the opening round will be:

FB - Brendan Elliot
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Moses Suli
CE - Brad Parker
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Trent Hodkinson
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
PR - Addin Fonua-Blake
HK - Manase Fainu
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Joel Thompson
SR - Curtis Sironen
LK - Jake Trbojevic (vc)

BE - Kane Elgey
BE - Lloyd Perrett
BE - Toafofoa Sipley
BE - Frank Winterstein

Hardly awe inspiring, but you never know your luck.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Anyone think it is worth putting Thompson in the centres early in the season while we see how some of the younger backs go?
Personally I'd rather they just gave a go to the guys they have bought in to replace the outside backs we lost from last year. Uate, Kelly and the Wrights were released and we bought Garrick and Elliot, and graded Hoppa as replacements. Either you trust your recruitment or you don't. Losing Walker and Turbo hurts and will test the depth but that's life in the NRL.

Elliot
Hoppa
Suli
Garrick
Horhay

Is what I'd like to see.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Personally I'd rather they just gave a go to the guys they have bought in to replace the outside backs we lost from last year. Uate, Kelly and the Wrights were released and we bought Garrick and Elliot, and graded Hoppa as replacements. Either you trust your recruitment or you don't. Losing Walker and Turbo hurts and will test the depth but that's life in the NRL.

Elliot
Hoppa
Suli
Garrick
Horhay

Is what I'd like to see.
Fuuuuuuk that backline just seriously depresses me. We'll get pumped by the Tigpies.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
As things stand right now with no Turbo, no Walker and presumably no Api, my tip for the team that runs out onto Leichhardt for the opening round will be
From chatting to Api last night (at the meet the players/Mitsubishi sponsor promotion), I got the impression that he'll be playing in tomorrow's trial if picked. Even if not picked, the way he was talking I'd be very surprised if he's not in the team at Leichhardt.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Seems like Round 1 will test the depth straight up. Turbo, Walker, Tangles and Paseka out. God help us if we suffer anymore injuries in this weekends trial. Maybe Des should just front up with the BWSE team and cut his losses. Do we have anything to lose by giving young Hoppa a shot on the wing instead of Parker ? At least he can provide cover at fullback if Elliot goes down.

What other challenges will come our way ? What ever they may be , bring them on . Exciting times ahead for the mighty Sea eagles !!!
Nothing like being under the pump and feeling the hyper adrenaline rush .
Nothing like our players and our team over achieving and making a name for themselves and become instant heroes .
This is their moment . This is their time to stand up and shine
When you are under the pump the sweeter are the wins and the Greater is the glory
This is going to be a great year because we are going to show all the doubting mother fckers just how great we are going to be .

Some times life is a bitch and we just have to deal with it
Adversity will not brings us down to our knees
We are not going to lay down and die
We are proud Sea eagles and we will spread our wings and fly

download.jpg

HoldenV8

Journey Man
From chatting to Api last night (at the meet the players/Mitsubishi sponsor promotion), I got the impression that he'll be playing in tomorrow's trial if picked. Even if not picked, the way he was talking I'd be very surprised if he's not in the team at Leichhardt.

If he's fit to play then great :thumbsup:

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Well you wouldn't fuking know by going to the official club website and clicking on casualty ward. The last injury update was from June 2018 on Aku Uate. Seriously !!!!!

Elliot
Hoppa
Suli
Garrick
Horhay

Is what I'd like to see.

I take your point, but to throw Hopoate in would be madness.

First game back from a serious injury and you want him to make his debut in a vastly inexperienced backline?

Des would never do it.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
As things stand right now with no Turbo, no Walker and presumably no Api, my tip for the team that runs out onto Leichhardt for the opening round will be:

FB - Brendan Elliot
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Moses Suli
CE - Brad Parker
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Trent Hodkinson
PR - Addin Fonua-Blake
HK - Manase Fainu
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Joel Thompson
SR - Curtis Sironen
LK - Jake Trbojevic (vc)

BE - Kane Elgey
BE - Lloyd Perrett
BE - Toafofoa Sipley
BE - Frank Winterstein

Every thing Inspiring happens on the field . The underdog has been known to chew your balls and spit them out .

brad

First Grader
What other challenges will come our way ? What ever they may be , bring them on . Exciting times ahead for the mighty Sea eagles !!!
Nothing like being under the pump and feeling the hyper adrenaline rush .
Nothing like our players and our team over achieving and making a name for themselves and become instant heroes .
This is their moment . This is their time to stand up and shine
When you are under the pump the sweeter are the wins and the Greater is the glory
This is going to be a great year because we are going to show all the doubting mother fckers just how great we are going to be .

Some times life is a bitch and we just have to deal with it
Adversity will not brings us down to our knees
We are not going to lay down and die
We are proud Sea eagles and we will spread our wings and fly

View attachment 10814
I'm looking forward to it ,Us against them .

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member

FB - Brendan Elliot
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Moses Suli
CE - Brad Parker
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Trent Hodkinson
PR - Addin Fonua-Blake
HK - Manase Fainu
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Joel Thompson
SR - Curtis Sironen
LK - Jake Trbojevic (vc)

BE - Kane Elgey
BE - Lloyd Perrett
BE - Toafofoa Sipley
BE - Frank Winterstein

Geez that is pretty rough looking

I think you are close, though tend to think Gosie will get a run on the bench ahead of Winterstein. Also think Elgey to start with Api making the round 1 bench.

All shall be a little clearer after tomorrow night though

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Geez that is pretty rough looking

I think you are close, though tend to think Gosie will get a run on the bench ahead of Winterstein. Also think Elgey to start with Api making the round 1 bench.

All shall be a little clearer after tomorrow night though

I'm still not sold on Jetski, but you may be right.

If Des starts Hodko alongside DCE tomorrow night then I think he'll get the nod for Round 1 at least. If he starts LG, then it becomes a bit more complex.

Api is still a question mark, but we'd be better off with both him and Fainu in the side.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I take your point, but to throw Hopoate in would be madness.

First game back from a serious injury and you want him to make his debut in a vastly inexperienced backline?

Des would never do it.
I forgot about his ACL so that is probably a fair call. Especially given he looks unlikley to play a trial game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16