Little Gordie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I thought he made instant impact when he finally got on and in fact, would have liked to see more late first half when Storm were fatigued...
Anyways when he did get a shot really added attacking thrust through the middle including a line break and simply threaded the middle more than I've seen Manly offer in a while.
What really suprised me was his defence, made some gritty tackles and an absolute match winner I posted elsewhere on a rampaging Nelson who was all but crashing over under the posts,,,Gordie hit him like a rocket in the guts, dropping the Goliath in his tracks 1 metre shy of the line....Gordie hurt himself but got up and tucked back into the line to be part of the most tenacious Manly line defence shown in 2024 against adversity
I really feel before we hunt another hooker, he gets a shot to carry on this form as he showed he wants it
I'm not claiming he is the new messiah, but adds flair we need to trouble top 8 sides around the middle, an element missing badly in recent years and his defence though scratchy in the past looked excellent against a tough Melbourne pack
I hope Gordie keeps his bench spot as he adds Plenty imo and will only improve with game time

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I disagree, he was maybe better than Lawton but he is so slow with his service. Do they not teach hookers to pass off the ground anymore
To be honest Dan - not so much, off the ground has a place but hookers are trained in the modern game to play eyes up footy and engage the markers and A defenders to have their forwards charging over the advantage line to win momentum which is as impotant as anything to gain your team go forward and advantage, ala Harry Grant who is the best in the game and rarely passes off the ground, always takes a step to have the defenders locked in before passing....just passing from the ground allows the markers to make contact without going past the advantage line.
Near the try line unless markers are slow off the ground where the 9 should scoot, this is where early service should be promoted to the halves to shift insid that opposition red zone.

Last edited:

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
I thought he made instant impact when he finally got on and in fact, would have liked to see more late first half when Storm were fatigued..
In the first half I found myself screaming at the tv to get Gordie on
Seibold needed to inject the Kum in then and there.
Would have changed the match.

Thought he played well and tuff, attitude in defence was great.

Under the Sticks

The spirit of Mooney 🦅
Premium Member
In the first half I found myself screaming at the tv to get Gordie on
Seibold needed to inject the Kum in then and there.
Would have changed the match.

Thought he played well and tuff, attitude in defence was great.
Back in the day when L’estrange was playing one two with Ballin I’m sure he was inserted during both halves. Not sure why we wait until 2 nd half unless it has to do with interchange numbers. HIAs are exempt I thought so it can’t be that.

Defences tire in both halves so I don’t get the current tactic of hold Hooker 2 until second half.

Last edited:

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Gordon didn’t have the best off season, was behind Humphreys at the start of the year, was not as fit as he could have been.

I hope he gets confidence from that good run, that’s what he has been doing in NSW cup, good runner of the ball and his defence is getting better, play him over Lawton.

Under the Sticks

The spirit of Mooney 🦅
Premium Member
Gordie got another shot and played well more time and he will improve
There is also Humphries who has rotated and started while Gordie has been on the bench in NSW cup
Maybe just percivere with these young players instead of buying a journey man
Agree and I’m in the Humphreys is a half camp and focus on Gordie’s development.

Remy

shuu
When Crocker is back I see no reason why Lawton should be picked over Gordon. Maybe edge versatility if we want Sips on the bench for Wads. But other than that sack him off. He is leaving next year, no point when you got Gordon who is already of similar quality but better upside and should be part of our long term plans. I can’t lie Gordon needs to work on a faster release from dummy half but that can be an easy fix because it’s something with his style, surprised Ennis hasn’t fixed it yet. Gordon was defensively sound in that stint last night, made some huge tackles on big boys. Just look at that NAS tackle he made in the last minute. Give him the 14 role full time.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
When Crocker is back I see no reason why Lawton should be picked over Gordon
Lawton has over 90 NRL games, he can play long minutes up front and is a pretty solid, reliable defender, and as you say can play 2nd row if necessary. Gordie has more potential upside with his clever darting runs but is still a novice at this level.
Might not have to decide yet anyway depending how Croker's injury goes.

manly al

First Grader
Certainly did some very useful things in his stint and definitely a very helpful option with Froggy"s absence .
Did not seem to be going that well at times at Blacktown or earlier on but certainly had some good moments against the Storm .
Croker , Lawton combo still best suited but good again to have another handy option in Gordie available and every prospect of improving even more

double hoops

First Grader
Yeah I agree.

I think it's just part of management of players workload in the case of Lawton and the need to give Gordie an opportunity in firsts to develop.

Staff need to know what we've got and what we don't with the 3 hookers come September.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16