Littlejohn & Hodges to debut?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Was impressed by Lil Jon. He didn't look out of place and has some nice play making ability. Also has good size for a halve and as some have mentioned could become a gifty type of ball playing lock. Possibly getting ahead a bit as it is only one game, though hopefully for now we may have unearthed a quality back up halve at least.

Littlejohn realises childhood dream

By COURTNEY REES
April 29, 2014, 7 a.m.

WAGGA product Jack Littlejohn realised a childhood dream after making his NRL debut for Manly on Sunday.

Four years of toiling in Sydney's lower grades paid off for the Brothers and Magpies junior, playing at five-eighth during the Sea Eagles 54-18 win over Canberra at Brookvale Oval.

The 22-year-old combined with Australian representative Daly Cherry-Evans in the halves for an unforgettable experience.

"It was unreal, it's what I've wanted to do my whole life so to finally get the opportunity to do it was a very big day and I was very nervous," Littlejohn said.

"It was very exciting and I had all my family down so it was very good."

Littlejohn was told during the week he would be replacing Manly's injured five-eighth Kieran Foran but he wasn't named on the initial team list on Tuesday but was revealed as a last minute inclusion on Sunday.

Littlejohn laughed when his mother Kim told him after the match he was named to debut on the wing, with the game plan to always play at five-eighth.

Despite having to kept his debut a secret, he was able to let his family know in time so they could travel to Brookvale for the match.

"I found out on Tuesday that I was playing but we kept it pretty quiet as to not put all the pressure on me," Littlejohn said.

"It was able to tell (my family) on Thursday that I was definitely playing and they all organised to get down from all over the place."

After leaving Wagga for his NRL dream after the 2009 Group Nine season he spent three years with Sydney Roosters, two in their under 20s team, before playing with their NSW Cup feeder team Newtown.

Last season Littlejohn moved to the Bulldogs before moving to Manly this season.

Sitting behind internationals Cherry-Evans and Foran at Brookvale, has been a huge learning experience for the crafty half and he was able to make the most of the knee injury Foran picked up against Newcastle.

"I've been up here for four years now trying to get into a first grade spot somewhere and finally got the opportunity with Keiran Foran out," Littlejohn said.

"So it was good to be out there and have a good game."

Cherry-Evans starred for the Sea Eagles in the win, but Littlejohn more than held his own in the halves partnership.

Littlejohn kicked a 40-20 to give Manly great field possession midway through the first half and then finished off the way with an inside ball to Anthony Watmough, which sent the Australian representative over to score under the posts.

Littlejohn said having Cherry-Evans "took off heaps of the pressure" with his 40-20 calming his pre-match jitters.

There are no NRL matches this weekend due to representative fixtures and with Foran was initially ruled out for a month Littlejohn is hoping he can line up for Manly against Melbourne on May 10.

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/2245645/littlejohn-realises-childhood-dream/?cs=149

tookey said:
Littlejohn realises childhood dream

By COURTNEY REES
April 29, 2014, 7 a.m.

WAGGA product Jack Littlejohn realised a childhood dream after making his NRL debut for Manly on Sunday.

Four years of toiling in Sydney's lower grades paid off for the Brothers and Magpies junior, playing at five-eighth during the Sea Eagles 54-18 win over Canberra at Brookvale Oval.

The 22-year-old combined with Australian representative Daly Cherry-Evans in the halves for an unforgettable experience.

"It was unreal, it's what I've wanted to do my whole life so to finally get the opportunity to do it was a very big day and I was very nervous," Littlejohn said.

"It was very exciting and I had all my family down so it was very good."

Littlejohn was told during the week he would be replacing Manly's injured five-eighth Kieran Foran but he wasn't named on the initial team list on Tuesday but was revealed as a last minute inclusion on Sunday.

Littlejohn laughed when his mother Kim told him after the match he was named to debut on the wing, with the game plan to always play at five-eighth.

Despite having to kept his debut a secret, he was able to let his family know in time so they could travel to Brookvale for the match.

"I found out on Tuesday that I was playing but we kept it pretty quiet as to not put all the pressure on me," Littlejohn said.

"It was able to tell (my family) on Thursday that I was definitely playing and they all organised to get down from all over the place."

After leaving Wagga for his NRL dream after the 2009 Group Nine season he spent three years with Sydney Roosters, two in their under 20s team, before playing with their NSW Cup feeder team Newtown.

Last season Littlejohn moved to the Bulldogs before moving to Manly this season.

Sitting behind internationals Cherry-Evans and Foran at Brookvale, has been a huge learning experience for the crafty half and he was able to make the most of the knee injury Foran picked up against Newcastle.

"I've been up here for four years now trying to get into a first grade spot somewhere and finally got the opportunity with Keiran Foran out," Littlejohn said.

"So it was good to be out there and have a good game."

Cherry-Evans starred for the Sea Eagles in the win, but Littlejohn more than held his own in the halves partnership.

Littlejohn kicked a 40-20 to give Manly great field possession midway through the first half and then finished off the way with an inside ball to Anthony Watmough, which sent the Australian representative over to score under the posts.

Littlejohn said having Cherry-Evans "took off heaps of the pressure" with his 40-20 calming his pre-match jitters.

There are no NRL matches this weekend due to representative fixtures and with Foran was initially ruled out for a month Littlejohn is hoping he can line up for Manly against Melbourne on May 10.

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/2245645/littlejohn-realises-childhood-dream/?cs=149

:huh:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6