Lloyd Perrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The Australian's Brent Read has revealed a meeting took place between Penrith Panthers general manager Phil Gould and a Manly Sea Eagles forward.

The club from the Northern Beaches has a had a dramatic and disappointing season both on and off the field this year, and salary cap issues have tied the club's hands when it comes to participating in potential trade discussions with rival clubs.

Throughout the season, star prop Marty Taupau has found himself at the centre of constant rumours, with the Roosters constantly being linked to the Kiwi enforcer.

Read not only revealed another club that was looking at the behemoth, but also divulged that Gus met with out of favour forward Lloyd Perrett ahead of his club's clash against the Sea Eagles in round 16 at Panthers Stadium.

Perrett, a 23-year-old prop, played nine straight matches for Manly between round 2-10 but has found himself outside Trent Barrett's preferred 17 for the last couple of months.

He has played 27 matches for the club since moving from the Bulldogs in 2017 where he played 24 matches after debuting in 2014.

"Shaun Lane will go at the end of the year. As I understand it, Phil Gould had a meeting with Lloyd Perrett," Read told Triple M on Saturday.

"One of my mates is sitting at the table beside him, and apparently Gus said to him, 'you need to come have a look at our facilities'.
"There's going to be a lot of movement in Manly in the next few weeks, and I imagine the next few months.

Despite Manly sitting 14th on the NRL ladder with just four wins from their 15 matches, Taupau had arguably been one of the impressive and destructive props of the 2018 season.

He makes the fifth most post-contact metres, breaks the fifth most tackles, leads the competition for offloads and makes the fifth most metres.

"There was a lot of rumours going around this week about Marty Taupau," Read said.

"There was a suggestion of a swap deal involving him and Corey Norman. It sounds like that will not happen now. The clubs were the ones talking about it, they never went to the agents, they weren't keen on it.

"I spoke to Lyall Gorman (Manly boss) on Friday and he said they, 'have no intention of moving Marty Taupau.'

"But, if they do move Marty Taupau the idea would be that, rather getting one player in return, they can use that money to get two players.

"With Corey Norman it would have been a straight swap, they wouldn't have had any more money, it wouldn't have helped them salary cap wise.

"Then I got a message today saying maybe Newcastle were sniffing around Marty Taupau. We know Newcastle are looking for front rowers because they've been in the market for a few lately.

"They've (Newcastle) signed Tim Glasby, I don't think they're finished yet, they've got some more money to spend.

"That's one we've got to watch with Marty Taupau. There's definitely players leaving Manly.

"It's a really interesting one with Manly, particularly Marty Taupau who's in America at the moment.

"Manly are saying he's not going anywhere, but there's just been so many rumours around Marty."

Change promising to plodding especially in the case of ferret
Lane has been excellent one of our best while Perrett thrived in 2017 when we played with an attacking base structure but has since fallen out of favour due to the side favouring a crappier more conservative approach.

Lane has been excellent one of our best while Perrett thrived in 2017 when we played with an attacking base structure but has since fallen out of favour due to the side favouring a crappier more conservative approach.
Perrett has never thrived mate. Absolute donkey and lane was an ok bench player no world beater.

Manly has no intention of moving marty. Its all click bait

Perrett has never thrived mate. Absolute donkey and lane was an ok bench player no world beater.

Manly has no intention of moving marty. Its all click bait
Perrett was excellent off the bench last year, came on and injected himself with solid runs but mainly offloads. Has struggled since the master coach change the whole gameplan to be conseravtive playing against all our players strengths. Lane has been easily our best forward with Jake and Marty, can't believe they let him go has been in fine form. As for Taupau we will wait and see but where there is smoke there is fire.

I think we all want to see the end of the Penrithification of the Sea Eagles.

It would be nice to see a termination of the Blacktown deal too and a determination to make our reserve grade one that represents Manly-Warringah.

Not some nuff nuff zone in the great western badlands sprawl.
The badland sprawl is one of the biggest junior base in Sydney. We need blacktown more than people think. Hasn't payed off yet, but no doubt it will in the future. Only doubt in my mind will be the loyalty factor to manly of blacktown juniors that may just use it as a pathway to Nrl

I could understand the criticism of Manly linking to Blacktown if it was to bolster our boardriding club. (Mind you, Mick Fanning was born in Penrith). But Blacktown is a nursery for RL and it has already shown dividends with our win in the 2017 Under 20s, being runners up in the Under 16s in 2017, being premiers in the Under 16s in 2018 and being in the finals of the Under 18s in 2018. The overwhelming majority of players in these teams are from outside the Northern Beaches.
Our young locals would rather go surfing than get smashed on the footy field. We need to recruit from outside our district, so linking with Blacktown is a pragmatic decision.

Manly may not have the numbers to produce many footballers ... but the ones we do go OK

In recent history .... Hoppa, Lussick, Tom T., Jake T, Gutho, Parker, et al ....

Compare that to Brad (the cnt) Arrffur only debuting one (1) local junior in 5 years from the 2nd biggest nursery in Aust.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10