[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Dan, sheesshhhh.

At least you have an app. You've done really well on this site. There are some footy forums about 20 years behind thinking about considering 'apps'. Love an app on 1EE. Also, I have no idea how you do it or if there is a secret recipe but this app/site seems to stream efficiently for its size (no idea what you IT people call that).

Btw, what are your hourly rates & do you work pro bono ?

First you take our assistant...our membership manager....our players...and now our forum?

Cap, manage and us!!

That one cracked me up @Eelectric

I don't know when the ruling is set to come down but if you start the season on -4 it might be a LONG year for you.

Actually thinking about that some more, I have a feeling the NRL will play favourites with you guys this year ( they seem to have been doing that for a while now, Souths, Cowboys).

If so, no point deductions, a lot of things going your way, and it will be up to the great Dalai and the Messiah as to how far you go!!

The Eels have been on notice for many months of what they must change to avoid losing the points.
They are playing a bizarre game of brinkmanship but surely even they aren't stupid enough to let 4 points go when could prevent it.
Eel fans would revolt and Sharp would have to leave town, if not the country.

Come on. You know better than that.
I'll let most things go, but this one "grinds my gears". It's up there with people confusing "loose" and "lose".

I know they have schools in the Parramatta area. I attended one.

Once a teacher, .........
Agree. "should of..." Instead of "should have..." Is the one that bugs me. ;)

Last edited:
Here's Choc geeing himself up for a training session at Parra stadium

article-1286215754056-0b795a45000005dc-907634_636x405.jpg
At least he will be able to get out of that car and go to training.

Dan, sheesshhhh.

At least you have an app. You've done really well on this site. There are some footy forums about 20 years behind thinking about considering 'apps'. Love an app on 1EE. Also, I have no idea how you do it or if there is a secret recipe but this app/site seems to stream efficiently for its size (no idea what you IT people call that).

Btw, what are your hourly rates & do you work pro bono ?

The app was relatively cheap. If I were to Bill for the time I put into this site it would make me a rich man. But I can't afford to pay me.

An app is necessary, in my view even if it's simple. The war between apps and mobile web has been fought and won and in my view denying that is just silly.

I know realistically that the app for the site is just the site inside a clickable button with push notifications but it's still better than nothing.

The site in general is now at a point where I spend about 90% of February doing a lot of work on it and then maybe 1 week a month total time in actual time maintaining it. Push that into business hours and it's probably a part time job.

I don't know how or when I find time, my actual job has me working about 12 - 14 hours a day but I find time on planes, trains, cars or late into the night when the kids are asleep to do what's needed. (I've spent 2 nights this week in emergency with my son, which has delayed me with our server move)

I also have the backing of a great team of enthusiastic people who do the real meat of what's happening the moderation team and chip and chase running the tipping comp are the guys that do the real work, without them the site wouldn't run and they cop **** for it sometimes but realistically they are what make the site keep going. The coding stuff is fun #nerdalert.

For my part I love my team, I love footy but I love talking about it and analysing it. Running the site has always been a challenge for me and I like to figure out problems and beat challenges In that way I find it worth the labor of love that it is and I am passionate about footy and the sea eagles

I do a bit helping out with @tajhay where I can on the Warriors forum making sure I can make his life easier especially with the tipping comp and score scripts. (He runs the same software as us) Not because he pays me but because he has a great site and community and I want to see communities in league grow. I'm pretty sure I helped him see a boost in his revenue last year too!

One of these days if I have enough buy in from league fans I'll make a league site for the fans and try to emulate what I have been privileged enough to have a hand in (I say a hand because I couldn't have done it without all those who have helped run and be a part of this site at every iteration, every member)

I feel like I could help create something far Better than what r-league and Lu have tried to make but it requires like-minded and intelligent fans otherwise it denigrates into tribal wars. If I get that buy in we could make a great community.

Failing that the mwse will buy me a house and I'll just sell out.

Thank you though, even if it is smoke blowing. I know the guys here appreciate what the team put out here for them but it's good to have that external recognition too

@Mark from Brisbane , @SeaEagleRock8.

I think the NRL will be forced to start us on -4 if they are confident we aren't genuine about reform & prefer 2016 to be remembered for something more positive.

Doubt the NRL want any club starting on -4.

They want us to follow the rules, be successful , cooperative & reform head office into a more stable, transparent & accountabile unit. That's better for us, for them & the game.

Otherwise they wouldn't of allowed this process to occur where we could redeem the 4 points.

The Eels have one of the largest fan/membership base so they would want us to be successful. This saga is a political nightmare for us & the NRL.

It's good for the media & being the butt of jokes on fans forums, albeit big picture - it's unhealthy & destabilising for the game & thus, ultimately all fans, even if they don't know it.

After Sharps ill thought out Supreme Court threat, about being bullied into constitutional change, I was 95% sure we were gone. His heart is in the right place but he should not be a spokesperson.

I have renewed faith after Boulos's recent media statement about working with the NRL & being in the process of implementing constitutional change as per PWC recommendations. League Central would of been thinking 'Fooork, finally, some sense'.

We have to do the right thing here. It's good for us & the game.

D-day is looming.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Lol. Just thinking about borrowing Dan.

We can still fit him in under our cap (would be heavily back ended ).
In all seriousness if you have a core group of users and feel you can build a good community I'll help you set that up. I'll not charge you but I'll take a cut and teach you what you need know.

I like money but I'm more motivated by positive outcomes and success. I just don't measure success in dollars

@Mark from Brisbane , @SeaEagleRock8.

I think the NRL will be forced to start us on -4 if they are confident we aren't genuine about reform & prefer 2016 to be remembered for something more positive.

Doubt the NRL want any club starting on -4.

They want us to follow the rules, be successful , cooperative & reform head office into a more stable, transparent & accountabile unit. That's better for us, for them & the game.

Otherwise they wouldn't of allowed this process to occur where we could redeem the 4 points.

The Eels have one of the largest fan/membership base so they would want us to be successful. This saga is a political nightmare for us & the NRL.

It's good for the media & being the butt of jokes on fans forums, albeit big picture - it's unhealthy & destabilising for the game & thus, ultimately all fans, even if they don't know it.

After Sharps ill thought out Supreme Court threat, about being bullied into constitutional change, I was 95% sure we were gone. His heart is in the right place but he should not be a spokesperson.

I have renewed faith after Boulos's recent media statement about working with the NRL & being in the process of implementing constitutional change as per PWC recommendations. League Central would of been thinking 'Fooork, finally, some sense'.

We have to do the right thing here. It's good for us & the game.

D-day is looming.

The part about member base sticks for me.
There are far wiser business men that I in this site but I don't see this as a factor for the NRL.

The problem with the NRL is that they chase the dollars thrown at them and not the dollars that can be found.

Television rights are how they perceive the future and to an extent i agree. If we use the model of US sport as an example thy have small crowds and bigger home viewer crowds. The money flows from sponsorship and from TV rights.

I get that. What the NRL and their BDM's have failed to understand is their core market, they don't work in a nation-wide
Model despite their belief. They workin a beast coast Australia + .5% of other population + .5% of nz.

There is clear growth market there, most people should see it. However the approach is wrong. They hamstring core market to grow, which means their growth ends up being neutralizing.

The real prospect for growth is the UK. It's also In origin,which sadly is dead.
Expand origin to be Maori, islands etc re-level that field and bring passion in and you re-spark interest.

Unfortunately the NRL is struggling to get past that threshold of jobs for the boys.
They hire a key figure like me disastor smith and think that's enough.

They need proper business folk in there who understand growth beyond the walls already set.

If 2 refs and this bunker bull**** continues for another 2 years the game will start to fade.

Urghh I've had too many sleepless nights this week, I'll ore coherently rant on Sunday

:)

Jobs for the boys is sadly the norm in the NRL, past footy players and old administrators are rife through most clubs.

A great example of this is Shane Richardson given $700k to join the NRL, and what did he do?

In our own club I see the dinosaur ZtH creating havoc but I'm sure every club has one ( or more).

We have moved to a more professional way of doing things in the game so it's pity these people are still about.

• 🤝
Reactions: Dan
Jobs for the boys is sadly the norm in the NRL, past footy players and old administrators are rife through most clubs.

A great example of this is Shane Richardson given $700k to join the NRL, and what did he do?

In our own club I see the dinosaur ZtH creating havoc but I'm sure every club has one ( or more).

We have moved to a more professional way of doing things in the game so it's pity these people are still about.
One day I'll get a role there and I'll be a catalyst for change

@Dan

I sincerely hope your son is ok, recovering soon.

Having 2 kids myself, nothing is more daunting & painful.

Btw, I wasn't 'blowing smoke' about the great site that you've helped create. It's great, not just from an IT perspective & some innovative ideas. There are quality people, here, too. You're one of them.

I wasn't expecting your incredibly kind offer to help us, though. You're helping the Warriors, too ? Wow. You're a rare type of quality guy.

You know that would be political suicide right, for both of us, working together ? < says Elmo the Muppet >

I'll ask the leaders at 1EE, both of high integrity & intelligence, if they're open to evolution & change. They might not be. Change is often a too-hard pill to swallow, even if it's really in ones long term benefit.

Honestly, though, on a practical level, you'll be completely overloaded, burn out & it's not right for you to do things for free ( you're open to being taken advantage of).

Hope you get some time out buddy & your son gets better soon & all is well with your family.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10