[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
image.jpeg
Too good not to share lol

lol Foz's interview with Gaz just now wouldn't fill a Parra fan with confidence.

Corey Norman must be loving the fact Parra are paying Foz 1.4M to play half the field. Sets a good precedent for his upcoming contract negotiations...

So Eels are playing Panthers on Fox. Who's that halfback in the white jumper?
Gutherson and Hiku running around, wish them well.

How's your boy Dan?
Thanks for asking. Boy is still sick an no real idea what is going on.

Long story short, is he walks and runs about constantly. 13 months old and you cant stop him, as of Monday he stopped wanting to sit, then progress down from not wanting to walk, crawl and now just wants to lay on his back doing nothing. Very out of sorts and in pain. Seems to be tummy pain. The boy didnt sleep for the first 6 months of his life for anymore than 2 hours at a time due to reflux so we thought it may be that, gave him his medicine but nothing. They did an ultrasound on hit tummy worried about a distended bowel or something, they didnt know the english term for it, and I didnt know the dutch words they were using.

They didn't find anything but his lymph nodes in his tummy were fairly enlarged, they think he has had a virus and that has caused the inflammation, which is causing a lot of pain in his tummy which is why he doesn't want to sit or crawl or do much or cries if we lift his legs towards his chest.

They checked for constipation, meningitis etc, but found no issues there, they weren't confident in their diagnosis.

Long story short, they have given us strong suppository paracetamol, which I am not sure is better of worse for him, everytime my daughter has acted up about hurting her foot or just being a sook, I have suggested we could stick a tablet up her bum, which shuts her up within seconds :) I am an evil parent!

Anyway the pain killing, or the threat of sticking more things up his bum, at least has him crawling a few meters but nothing like his usual self. So we are giving it to monday to see if we see anymore improvement and then going back. I fly out to Copenhagen on Monday afternoon, so its going to be a sucky week for the family as i wont be back until laaaaaattte tuesday and maybe wed.
If he is still bad my wife will take him back.

What I have figured out is that it looks like the right side, and his right hip so I have asked my wife to specifically ask them to look at his right hip and knee for inflammation as well as doing bloods and urine, its just such a significant departure from an active and ridculously happy baby.

/rant

@Dan

I sincerely hope your son is ok, recovering soon.

Having 2 kids myself, nothing is more daunting & painful.

Btw, I wasn't 'blowing smoke' about the great site that you've helped create. It's great, not just from an IT perspective & some innovative ideas. There are quality people, here, too. You're one of them.

I wasn't expecting your incredibly kind offer to help us, though. You're helping the Warriors, too ? Wow. You're a rare type of quality guy.

You know that would be political suicide right, for both of us, working together ? < says Elmo the Muppet >

I'll ask the leaders at 1EE, both of high integrity & intelligence, if they're open to evolution & change. They might not be. Change is often a too-hard pill to swallow, even if it's really in ones long term benefit.

Honestly, though, on a practical level, you'll be completely overloaded, burn out & it's not right for you to do things for free ( you're open to being taken advantage of).

Hope you get some time out buddy & your son gets better soon & all is well with your family.
I didnt mean you were actually blowing smoke, I work in Pre-Sales and have started to adapt to dutch directness :)

If the eels fans want something better I can help accommodate, ill throw my advertising codes into the share rotation for payment.

Tahjay has done all the work on Warriors forum, I have just helped him with some automation and other codes that make his life easier. They were struggling with actually getting any return from advertising, but I had found a decent formula over the many years that I shared with him and he saw a good increase in income from that.

They actually have a much bigger fan base than us. It always concerns me that we actually have a fairly small user base on this website compared to the other sites. I try to provide the best possible site and user experience I can. I listen to the members and adapt where I can to what they want and need @globaleagle im looking at you and the thread preview feature ;)
I always hoped that would lead to growth and higher adoption, but unfortunately it has not, our growth has always been organic.

What I would love is to have every or as many manly fans as possible as part of our community, making it deeper and more rich. That would make me a happy man, i just want to share what we have built and see the platform really be something that all Manly, and other fans want to come to.

A funny side story to that, Silvertails is mentioned in my will, I have some generic instructions but I do have some anxiety about how the site continues in a similar or better way after I am no longer treading the earth.

Aaaaaaaanyway if I can help I am happy to. I am yet to experience burn out. I get cranky but I have a wide capacity for doing a lot of things at once

Thanks for asking. Boy is still sick an no real idea what is going on.

Long story short, is he walks and runs about constantly. 13 months old and you cant stop him, as of Monday he stopped wanting to sit, then progress down from not wanting to walk, crawl and now just wants to lay on his back doing nothing. Very out of sorts and in pain. Seems to be tummy pain. The boy didnt sleep for the first 6 months of his life for anymore than 2 hours at a time due to reflux so we thought it may be that, gave him his medicine but nothing. They did an ultrasound on hit tummy worried about a distended bowel or something, they didnt know the english term for it, and I didnt know the dutch words they were using.

They didn't find anything but his lymph nodes in his tummy were fairly enlarged, they think he has had a virus and that has caused the inflammation, which is causing a lot of pain in his tummy which is why he doesn't want to sit or crawl or do much or cries if we lift his legs towards his chest.

They checked for constipation, meningitis etc, but found no issues there, they weren't confident in their diagnosis.

Long story short, they have given us strong suppository paracetamol, which I am not sure is better of worse for him, everytime my daughter has acted up about hurting her foot or just being a sook, I have suggested we could stick a tablet up her bum, which shuts her up within seconds :) I am an evil parent!

Anyway the pain killing, or the threat of sticking more things up his bum, at least has him crawling a few meters but nothing like his usual self. So we are giving it to monday to see if we see anymore improvement and then going back. I fly out to Copenhagen on Monday afternoon, so its going to be a sucky week for the family as i wont be back until laaaaaattte tuesday and maybe wed.
If he is still bad my wife will take him back.

What I have figured out is that it looks like the right side, and his right hip so I have asked my wife to specifically ask them to look at his right hip and knee for inflammation as well as doing bloods and urine, its just such a significant departure from an active and ridculously happy baby.

/rant
Poor little poppet. He's had a tough start. And tough as well for you two as parents. The lack of sleep and the feelings of uncertainty and helplessness watching him struggle. Hope Archie gets better soon.

Poor little poppet. He's had a tough start. And tough as well for you two as parents. The lack of sleep and the feelings of uncertainty and helplessness watching him struggle. Hope Archie gets better soon.
True, but **** happens, and thats life, lots more here suffering far worse! MB who I think is one of the greatest humans to live has been through a terrible time,@Mark from Brisbane dealing with the horrible place his Son-in-law is in. It is always amazing what us as humans can endure. Archie will grow and live and outshine these hurdles, I will one day sleep through the night again.

We each and everyone all have our problems, and what is important is how we find a way to keep on smiling and make others smile.

Im more concerned for the life of my peers than I am for my own troubles.

I have complete confidence Archie will be happy and wearing his Manly Jersey come round 1 (Matildas old jersey which she does not care about anymore :) )

I didnt mean you were actually blowing smoke, I work in Pre-Sales and have started to adapt to dutch directness :)

If the eels fans want something better I can help accommodate, ill throw my advertising codes into the share rotation for payment.

Tahjay has done all the work on Warriors forum, I have just helped him with some automation and other codes that make his life easier. They were struggling with actually getting any return from advertising, but I had found a decent formula over the many years that I shared with him and he saw a good increase in income from that.

They actually have a much bigger fan base than us. It always concerns me that we actually have a fairly small user base on this website compared to the other sites. I try to provide the best possible site and user experience I can. I listen to the members and adapt where I can to what they want and need @globaleagle im looking at you and the thread preview feature ;)
I always hoped that would lead to growth and higher adoption, but unfortunately it has not, our growth has always been organic.

What I would love is to have every or as many manly fans as possible as part of our community, making it deeper and more rich. That would make me a happy man, i just want to share what we have built and see the platform really be something that all Manly, and other fans want to come to.

A funny side story to that, Silvertails is mentioned in my will, I have some generic instructions but I do have some anxiety about how the site continues in a similar or better way after I am no longer treading the earth.

Aaaaaaaanyway if I can help I am happy to. I am yet to experience burn out. I get cranky but I have a wide capacity for doing a lot of things at once
Re the lower takeup, maybe differences in the population bases are a defining difference? But I'm also wondering if there's a key difference in how people are being directed to the site, rather than their experience once they get there. Eg do other sites get more support and redirection from their club? Or do they have different social media redirections?

Re the lower takeup, maybe differences in the population bases are a defining difference? But I'm also wondering if there's a key difference in how people are being directed to the site, rather than their experience once they get there. Eg do other sites get more support and redirection from their club? Or do they have different social media redirections?
Good question. We have decent redirection from MWSE and the support starting from Larissa was amazing!

We dont have a great social media presence (something I sent out communication to the moderation team about today) and I think that is obvious, I also wonder if its just being caught between generations with the Facebook and Twitter Gen Y.etc and us.

A post on our social media is in draft at the moment from me, but the TL;DR of it is I am going to ask for people to help with it this year, I will open up the @Silvertails twitter account and Facebook account to our public members who want to be a part of that to post and engage users on that platform.

The grat thing about Silvertails is that its a community and I want the community to be in control of building and growing the cimmunity, but we should be the centre of Sea Eagles Supporters and we should try to unify that on Twitter and Facebook

• 📚
Reactions: Rex
Good question. We have decent redirection from MWSE and the support starting from Larissa was amazing!

We dont have a great social media presence (something I sent out communication to the moderation team about today) and I think that is obvious, I also wonder if its just being caught between generations with the Facebook and Twitter Gen Y.etc and us.

A post on our social media is in draft at the moment from me, but the TL;DR of it is I am going to ask for people to help with it this year, I will open up the @Silvertails twitter account and Facebook account to our public members who want to be a part of that to post and engage users on that platform.

The grat thing about Silvertails is that its a community and I want the community to be in control of building and growing the cimmunity, but we should be the centre of Sea Eagles Supporters and we should try to unify that on Twitter and Facebook
Official, if not tacit support from MWSE would help, BUT they never acknowledged the MWTS on social media so you are probably battling **** up hill.

I'm a Twitter regular , although don't spend all day every day on there ( some do), and there are quite a few Facebook sites that " act" like a forum.

The MWSE Twitter & FB have huge followings, a few mentions in there would go a long way.

The trouble is, we can't be controlled, and can write things they don't like so by promoting us they probably see it as sending people to a source that might say negative things.

And don't kid yourself that they don't read it , I posted something in January, obviously too close to the truth and I got a phone call from the media manager to withdraw.

I did , but wasn't too happy about it !!

Official, if not tacit support from MWSE would help, BUT they never acknowledged the MWTS on social media so you are probably battling **** up hill.

I'm a Twitter regular , although don't spend all day every day on there ( some do), and there are quite a few Facebook sites that " act" like a forum.

The MWSE Twitter & FB have huge followings, a few mentions in there would go a long way.

The trouble is, we can't be controlled, and can write things they don't like so by promoting us they probably see it as sending people to a source that might say negative things.

And don't kid yourself that they don't read it , I posted something in January, obviously too close to the truth and I got a phone call from the media manager to withdraw.

I did , but wasn't too happy about it !!

They should check their site, they have more than one hyperlink to Silvertails ;)
As for reading it, I know they read it. I know that many within the org read it at many levels.

I know the players read here time to time, and I know the management do to.

I also know lots of others do, god knows I get enough "strongly advise" phone calls and emails each month :)

Whatever, I dont mind, at least i means we are relevant. But each can play their par ton social media and help out and I would appreciate that more than anything!

I see the greatest asset and the best thing for the club and us as well is to try and help out and help them be a part of that site. I am referring here to the Golden Eagles group. Sucha great initiative and something I want to see get off the ground.

If things work out, I would give up the Silvertails name to them eventually

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10