[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Sweet Home parramatta

Well I heard Family-Foz sing about her
Well, I heard ole Choc drives to town
Well, they hoped their new club would remember
Not to leak the dodgy deals anyhow

Sweet home parramatta
Where the skies aren't so blue
Sweet Home parramatta
Karma's coming home to you

Statement from Chairman Steve Sharp on Eels salary cap

If things do turn out for the worst when the NRL hands down its penalty for Parramatta’s alleged salary cap breach – and we lose a season ending amount of points (10 plus)- should the club consider some form of boycott of the competition? I think a 10plus point penalty would be way too harsh and I do think it is very relevant that every other club is breaching TPAs.

It may be an option to select our Wenty side every week for the rest of the season. We could also offer our players short term releases to play the rest of the season at other clubs and use the savings to ensure we retain and recruit into the future. For example release Foran/Norman to other clubs and front/or back end their contracts for the next four years. This may also appease the players (who are not at fault in all of this) and still give them the opportunity to play finals football (unfortunately with another club). We could retain sufficient players to help groom/support/guide the young Wenty players for the rest of the season. In a sense we would also be using the rest of the season as trials for 2017.

Such a protest would also hurt the NRl, Foxtel News limited (owners of The Telecrap) and Chanel Nine. There seems to be too many vested interests in all of the parties e.g. Chanel Nine and Roosters.

I know we are not blameless in all of this but surely when you look at the rosters of other sides it has been evident that TPAs have been rorted for too long. I realise that such a protest would also hurt our supporters but we really don’t have a season if a harsh penalty is applied.

I must admit I find it incredible that we are in this situation (thanks to club factions), but if the NRL is fair dinkum about creating a level playing field than all clubs need to be audited regularly. As Super Eel pointed out in his very enlightening blog, there has been enough rorting elsewhere without any consequences.

The big irony in all of this is that Parramatta lost a Grand Final in 2009 to a side that was way over the cap.

I say write off the rest of the season and play our Wenty squad in first grade. I’m sure this would not impress the NRL and I don’t even know if such an audacious plan would be possible but it is worth considering.

------------

Ok, I'll come clean. This isn't from Steve Sharp, it's some muppet on One Eyed Eel, but how many of you did I have going there?

http://www.1eyedeel.com/m/discussion?id=500401:Topic:2821658

Statement from Chairman Steve Sharp on Eels salary cap

If things do turn out for the worst when the NRL hands down its penalty for Parramatta’s alleged salary cap breach – and we lose a season ending amount of points (10 plus)- should the club consider some form of boycott of the competition? I think a 10plus point penalty would be way too harsh and I do think it is very relevant that every other club is breaching TPAs.

It may be an option to select our Wenty side every week for the rest of the season. We could also offer our players short term releases to play the rest of the season at other clubs and use the savings to ensure we retain and recruit into the future. For example release Foran/Norman to other clubs and front/or back end their contracts for the next four years. This may also appease the players (who are not at fault in all of this) and still give them the opportunity to play finals football (unfortunately with another club). We could retain sufficient players to help groom/support/guide the young Wenty players for the rest of the season. In a sense we would also be using the rest of the season as trials for 2017.

Such a protest would also hurt the NRl, Foxtel News limited (owners of The Telecrap) and Chanel Nine. There seems to be too many vested interests in all of the parties e.g. Chanel Nine and Roosters.

I know we are not blameless in all of this but surely when you look at the rosters of other sides it has been evident that TPAs have been rorted for too long. I realise that such a protest would also hurt our supporters but we really don’t have a season if a harsh penalty is applied.

I must admit I find it incredible that we are in this situation (thanks to club factions), but if the NRL is fair dinkum about creating a level playing field than all clubs need to be audited regularly. As Super Eel pointed out in his very enlightening blog, there has been enough rorting elsewhere without any consequences.

The big irony in all of this is that Parramatta lost a Grand Final in 2009 to a side that was way over the cap.

I say write off the rest of the season and play our Wenty squad in first grade. I’m sure this would not impress the NRL and I don’t even know if such an audacious plan would be possible but it is worth considering.

------------

Ok, I'll come clean. This isn't from Steve Sharp, it's some muppet on One Eyed Eel, but how many of you did I have going there?

http://www.1eyedeel.com/m/discussion?id=500401:Topic:2821658

none, the use of "wenty" was the first give away, and the switch between first and 3rd person was also an indicator within the first sentence.

Additionally further evidence such as "Telecrap" and pointing to other clubs without evidence also didnt help.

Sentence structure, although coming from Parramatta was also indicative that this was from a fan and not an official statement.
More or less every part of it from the first few words to the last indicated this had nothing to do with the club or Sharp.

What Parramatta should do is just come clean, admit the issues that are there and where they did breach, take ownership of those and bring the entire thing to an end. However I am both an honest person, and also the type of businessman that believes in bringing matters to a close more quickly is in the best interest of all parties

Er, not this little black duck. Nice try though!
The Eels scandal has provided many moments of solace over the first few bumpy rounds of the season, and there is the promise of more to come.
I must have a mean streak, as I love it that their team is actually starting to perform and they are about to get squashed.
giphy.gif

I keep on reading about this '10 point' deduction. Is it ch 9 owned companies putting these releases out?

Because the penalty should be much much more than that. I'm just wondering if the media are just softening the public up, getting everyone to say '10 point penalty' and forget to take a step back and realise it should be a whole season of points, more fines, total board clean out and contract registrations reviewed.

Don't fall for the hype!!!

I keep on reading about this '10 point' deduction. Is it ch 9 owned companies putting these releases out?

Because the penalty should be much much more than that. I'm just wondering if the media are just softening the public up, getting everyone to say '10 point penalty' and forget to take a step back and realise it should be a whole season of points, more fines, total board clean out and contract registrations reviewed.

Don't fall for the hype!!!

Well, I've heard that there are rumours that behind the scenes Nein is pushing the NRL for the penalty to be as light as possible. You see, for some reason the Speels happen to have probably (along with Souffs) the largest fan base of all the Sydney clubs. Making them play for nothing will hurt Nein's ratings.

NRL360 said that the NRL had so much given to them, that they will pick the most serious ones to support the penalty - season on zero points.
It's going to be sooner than later, as this is detracting from the whole season @:cool:

Scumos and Dogs will lobby for it :nod:

Well, I've heard that there are rumours that behind the scenes Nein is pushing the NRL for the penalty to be as light as possible. You see, for some reason the Speels happen to have probably (along with Souffs) the largest fan base of all the Sydney clubs. Making them play for nothing will hurt Nein's ratings.

Quite disgusting if true...though not surprising.

NRL360 said that the NRL had so much given to them, that they will pick the most serious ones to support the penalty - season on zero points.
It's going to be sooner than later, as this is detracting from the whole season @:cool:

Scumos and Dogs will lobby for it :nod:

It's a bad look for the game that the nrl wont do anything. I understand they already hit them with that fine (though a few dyldam dodgies will take care of that) but there needs to be more!

Nrl can always punish them again, and if new revalations continue....punish them gain!

Sharp and co are due to 'give' evidence so hopefully it'll be soon.

The broncos sure know how to cover things up though. A Gee stylzzzzzz

Quite disgusting if true...though not surprising.

It's a bad look for the game that the nrl wont do anything. I understand they already hit them with that fine (though a few dyldam dodgies will take care of that) but there needs to be more!

Nrl can always punish them again, and if new revalations continue....punish them gain!

Sharp and co are due to 'give' evidence so hopefully it'll be soon.

The broncos sure know how to cover things up though. A Gee stylzzzzzz
The issue is the information overload by the whistleblower and subsequent forensic audit.
I believe that it's just the legal hold up and Parra will be penalised their points.

Gee was smarter than the myriad of Parra Board members, who left a paper trail.:confused:

Keep the faith in Greenturd's love of grandstanding @globaleagle. >:)

10 points is solid but the size of the penalty should reflect what they have done.

Part of this will be the dollar value of the rorting, but another part is the level of dishonesty and cover-up involved.

In the Eels case this does not sound like incompetence. Or negligence. It sounds like deliberate cheating, in which case hammer them down to zero for the year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10