Looking on the bright side,our season is still alive

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One of the biggest positives to come out of yesterday wasn't even from one of our players, but he will be.....again.

Darcy Lussick ran for 143 metres, the equal highest of all the forwards from both sides (14 metres more than our best forward, Felito Mateo) And that was in only 47 minutes of game time (which doesn't say a lot for our defence. Mateo played the full 80 BTW). He also didn't give away too many penalties from what I saw. In fact, I can't remember him giving away a penalty all game.
Darcy I believe will reach his potential with us as he is a Manly boy at heart and plays with passion

One of the biggest positives to come out of yesterday wasn't even from one of our players, but he will be.....again.

Agree a positive, as long as Lussick keeps up the good stats and yesterday wasn't a one-off.

Gday guys,
mathematically we are still in it and in a way i hope yesterdays loss means we have got that loss out of our system and we win our next 2 and sneak into 8th position....we can still do this.

Well said @chrisos - its nice to read a positive thread. I admire and agree with your optimism as we're not totally gone.....yet! :nod:

The Penns will probably be relieved. Ironically, a poor season, i.e. missing the finals, will validate their well-criticised decisions.

Agree a positive, as long as Lussick keeps up the good stats and yesterday wasn't a one-off.
Maybe he wanted to please his new masters. He did look good. And that kind of size in the front row is needed.

Lussick on that form, Api and Jake T, then Myles, Buhrer and whoever else they throw into the pack (including possible the u20's boppers) - that'as a big upgrade over what we've been running out this year. Then Mateo and others off the bench and that's a solid pack rotation.

Would still like one more big (literally and figuratively speaking) back row signing if the coin is available.

Maybe we should throw a few dollars at Tepai Moeroa. He's only 19, is Lussick's size and guys traditionally do well coming from the muck of Parra to the glorious beaches. I think he's off contract too*.

*Actually might not be but I thought I saw his name bandied about as one who could leave

at the halfway mark most tipped us to win max6 games fromt he remaining 12, with some beating their chests loudly claiming we would be lucky to win 1 or 2.

Since then we have won 8 from 10, sure we lost one we expect to win but we won a couple we expected to lose, surely that offsets things a little.

8 from 10 says we can easily win our last 2, if St George choke then surely they don't deserve to be there above us given our horror injury run early.

The Storm play the Broncos and Cowboys. If they get a cricket score put on them by either of those teams, and lose both while we win both, then we are still in with a shot there too. I wouldn't have thought that would be the case but the Knights beating the Storm in Melbourne was a pretty long shot.

Dragons falling over is our best chance, nonetheless.

Although I think Tooves was right when he said we don't deserve to be in the finals.

It's not officially over even if we lose and so do St George there is still a chance going into the last round. I know they will be favorites to beat the GC but last night who would have picked Newy over Storm? Storm were crap and they have to play NQ and Brissy in their last two games. Anything can happen in the next two weeks.

But in all honesty we have been understrength and i know other clubs have had injuries erc but we have had them from Game 1 against Parra, not to mention the halves signing debacle etc. Winning the last 8 out of 10 games has been a great achievement for the guys and the last two weeks have just been flat because they can't keep it up week to week. In the past we started seasons off well and had a bit of a buffer at the end. If the guys just dig deep for the last two games and get the wins or go down trying regardless of finals or not i will be happy. With the season we have had we were/are still in the hunt for the finals which is just unlucky as those close games early in the season are now the difference. Go Manly!!!

The best scenario for this w/end is a 22 point drubbing of the Roosters & the Titans to win by 10.....suddenly its back on

The thing that pisses me off is that the other teams who had their fate in their hands - the Dogs, Dragons and Sharks, all won and won well this round. We should have too. Although the rain and the refs didn't do us any favours.

The thing that pisses me off is that the other teams who had their fate in their hands - the Dogs, Dragons and Sharks, all won and won well this round. We should have too. Although the rain and the refs didn't do us any favours.
No excuses for that loss. The Eels had to play in that rain too and the ref was bad for both teams. The 10M was crap for both of us. Face it we sucked. We deserved to lose. For some reason the boys didn't fire up at all for that one.

If Manly couldn't get up for a shot at the semis against a team that destroyed them in round 1, then they are of little hope of turning up against the team coming first.

The boys did well to get off the wooden spoon, and I'm grateful for that. Their finals dreams are purely that now.

Looking forward to 2016, and whatever that brings.

Rain hail or shine if you are good enough you win . Pathetic display in front of our home crowd the golden eagles and against a depleted eels team

I'm expecting the boys to bounce back on Friday night.

The Rooters have no Maria, Mitchell Piss or Jennings.

The situation is not ideal but I'm not ripping up my top 8 ticket yet.
I expected them to bounce back after such a poor performance against Canberra, so what we need now is the double bounce back.

Maybe he wanted to please his new masters. He did look good. And that kind of size in the front row is needed.

Lussick on that form, Api and Jake T, then Myles, Buhrer and whoever else they throw into the pack (including possible the u20's boppers) - that'as a big upgrade over what we've been running out this year. Then Mateo and others off the bench and that's a solid pack rotation.

Would still like one more big (literally and figuratively speaking) back row signing if the coin is available.

Maybe we should throw a few dollars at Tepai Moeroa. He's only 19, is Lussick's size and guys traditionally do well coming from the muck of Parra to the glorious beaches. I think he's off contract too*.

*Actually might not be but I thought I saw his name bandied about as one who could leave
There needs to be an investigation. How come Lussick - the penalty king of the NRL - didn't give one away against us?

The reality is that Saints will play the spoon favourites each of the next two weeks. Gold Coast will be last when they take on Saints (played after the Tigers beat the Warriors), so will be fighting to avoid the spoon (and with confidence after a win over Canberra), and then Tigers may well be in last place and fighting to avoid the spoon, especially if Gold Coast win over Saints the week before (and they too will be coming off a win over the Warriors).
Bottom line: Saints could lose both games!!!
I expect Manly will be JUST as motivated, if not more, to beat up the Roosters Friday especially knowing this.
Have faith feathered few.
NYEagle

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4